logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (25 mins ago)
Lifecream
I don’t know how to stop bogus charges
2. (28 mins ago)
World Financial Group
Fraud
3. (43 mins ago)
Ocean Investment Group
Scam
4. (43 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
5. (52 mins ago)
Cheap Flight Air
Did not receive Air Tickets

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ACS a Xerox Company, Yukon, Oklahoma Complaints & Reviews - Wrongful Termination

ACS a Xerox Company Contacts & Informations

ACS a Xerox Company

Posted: 2011-04-13 by    Phillip B.

Wrongful Termination

ACS a Xerox Company
100 N. Mustang Rd.
Yukon, Oklahoma
Phone: 405-350-6130
acs-inc.com
I was employed with ACS a Xerox Company for over 6 months. During that time many rules and regulations were setup inside the call center located in Yukon, OK. Most of the rules and regulations were put into effect without the knowledge of the company we were working for (US Cellular.) On 3/26/2011 I was called into the office of one of the Operational Managers who then informed me that I was being placed on suspension due to misconduct. The misconduct was that after receiving a call from a customer, I deliberately hung up on them. The OM advised that I would be placed on suspension until a full investigation was completed. This happened at 230pm and the following day at 1036am I received a text message from my immediate supervisor advising me to call him. After calling him I was advised that the investigation showed that I had hung up on customers and was being terminated. After speaking with the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission I was advised that I wouldn't be able to receive benefits due to being fired. The investigation that ACS had given to them showed that they looked at a total of 25 calls and 2 of which had been released. ACS refused to complete a full investigation and couldn't prove that the calls weren't hung up due to system error (since the systems are always crashing and malfunctioning.) This company is a huge company ans some of the centers might be well worth working there. Just be cautious when applying to the Yukon, OK branch. They are more interested in making sure the have the right number of staff present then to worry about employee relations. Just an FYI.
Comments United States Employers
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More ACS a Xerox Company complaints
ACS a Xerox Company - Unethical interview questions

Comments

4th of Sep, 2011 by   M.R.P. 0 Votes
I agree with this. As a former employee of this center, on the management side, I can confirm that the management staff there is all about numbers. There were many processes put into place that would appear to set agents up for failure. This site was the first to ever go live with Windows 7 and voice over IP telephony equipment. All of the software that was used was designed for use with Windows XP. Many of the vendors didn't support windows 7 at the time, and as stated previously, the software would crash often. The IT staff there were unable to correct these issues without support from the software vendors, which was unobtainable as they didn't support windows 7. This was ignored by upper ACS management and the entire IT staff was terminated with the reasons of poor performance.

The IT manager, who was supposed to have at minimum, a desktop technician at the onset, did not. Was told they would have a network administrator and possibly a network engineer on staff, which he didn't. Once the center was approved for occupancy by the respective authorities, the IT manager on site had very little time to put in place over 500 PC's and phones. It would have been impossible if it weren't for the assistance of technical minded agents to assist.

Once in operation, a desktop support technician was finally approved, he was told that his pay would be adjusted for coming off of the floor into IT. This never happened.

Approx 1 month prior to the annual bonus's for management, the IT manager was hired without warning. His replacement was in the center 15 minutes after he was escorted out. The reasoning was poor performance. However, with daily staff meetings, it's suprising as the assistance general manager had no knowledge of the event taking place until it occured.

1 month later, the desktop support technician, after moving approx 300 work stations, and packing up approx 100 for shipment to another location, was terminated due to lack of performance.
Word has it that the unemployment was disputed by ACS but they were unable to provide any documentation.
 30th of Dec, 2011 by   agem 0 Votes
its strange almost the same thing happened to me and it was the same department (U.S Cellular) terminated using a verbal warning ACS have there money in the labour laws people pocket hence we wont get the eal help we need to stop this from happening.
 29th of Jan, 2012 by   Bejj 0 Votes
I was employed with ACS a Xerox Company for over 5 months. On 6/26/2011 I was called into the office then informed me that I was being placed on suspension due to misconduct. The misconduct was I gave out information to a non verified account they also said I did not note the account and gave the wrong information The supervisor advised that I would be placed on suspension until a full investigation was completed. I received a text message 3 days later from my immediate supervisor advising me to call him. After calling him I was advised that was being terminated. I applied for and got Unemployment that the OM decided he wanted to fight, Under oath the OM and one of the Supervisors was caught lying the call showed I did nothing they accused me of and transcripts were given to me from the Tribunal This company is a huge company it represents a lot of the Other calls centers like Sprint and some of the centers might be well worth working there. They lie about raises that they never gave not even to this date, and if you do not do what they want they lie to fire you,
 13th of Sep, 2012 by   jenski 0 Votes
I worked at the ACS Call center in Lacey WA for verizon wireless.. I think this treatment must be company wide. Our center used to be located in Tumwater. It was burned down late in November 2010 due to arson from an undisclosed / unknown employee. The call center manager walked off his job just over a year ago due to his disagreeing with the corporate policies about treatment of employees. I worked there for over 3 1/3 years until I was walked out due to failure to comply with adherence for not working 5.17 hours of OT in less than two days of notice. I do not miss working there. I went from having a verbal warning to being walked out 2-3 working days later. Plus they have seniority lists that were not based on seniority at all. There were people still in training class who had never been on the phones at all who were being ranked higher than the seasoned reps. And the systems and phones crashed all of the time too. I don't miss it there.
 14th of Sep, 2012 by   Onelilcowgirl 0 Votes
I also worked for ACS in Lacey. I became really sick in October. I started with Bronchitis, which then turned to Asthma. The asthma then turned into Pleurisy. I was very sick and was not able to go the doctors. When I missed work due to my illness or doctors appointments, I was written up and threatened each time with being fired. I brought in all of my doctors notes and all the information that I thought was needed for my absences or my leaving work to make it to a Dr. appointment. I worked 6am - 5pm I only had Sundays off at this time as they had me working everyday to make up time loss and of course the mandatory overtime. I was started on new medications ( steroids) to assist with my illness. the medications did not agree with me and I found myself in the restroom with my supervisor sick to my stomach. My supervisor asked me how I was feeling and in between throwing up I told her not so well. She told me to get it together and get back on the floor. I went back to my office and was given a trash can to throw up in while on calls. I told the Assistant General Manager that this is not proper customer care as I had to continually place the costumers on hold to throw up. I was told by the
Assistant General Manager to go home. On my way home my direct supervisor called me on my cellphone to insure me that I would be written up and that she is going to recommend them fire me. Now had I been a crappy employee I would have understood this, but I was one of her top customer service reps. It was between myself and another employee on my team. ACS does not care about their employees it cares about the dollar at the end of the day. in my opinion it is much easier to allow a sick employee to go home rather than start more training for a new employee. Unfortunately the Lacey
ACS did not agree. I finally had to quit in November as per my doctors they felt the work conditions that I was in was only making my illness worse. I have worked for several companies in this area and I have not one bad word to say. I can not say this about ACS.
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   shruthi85 0 Votes
This is the worst company that i have ever come across, its just sucks the employee for work with no benifits nor rewards and recognition, when in recession nothing no promotees but during good times it will go into aquisitions and sesze the promotions and benifits
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   shruthi85 0 Votes
I just hate this company upto the core and not even for my enemies i will refer this company, in the five years there not evena single rupee that has revised
 7th of Dec, 2012 by   TMLmlojo 0 Votes
I also worked there for 11 months, I enjoyed the people that called in mostly. The management and supervisors with the exception of two were horrible. They are all liars, they change things without telling antone and expect you to read the olr with 100 calls waiting. My supervisor changed 7 times, so about 1month to every other month. They expect way more than they pay and even with me going to the technical side it was still the same pay but way more work. I was eventually fied because a butt hurt supervisor had his boyfriend (conflict of intrest) fire me, he always had something negative to say about my calls but quality found no wrong. But one day I called in late and missed a team meeting Christmas party, so I went to another team meeting, by the way we were REQUIRED to attend weekly. I then was fired for call avoidance because I wasn't on the phone and in a meeting. That place has the worst management and are liars.
 7th of Dec, 2012 by   sundaytimes10 0 Votes
A relative of mine manages one of these call centers. She hates her job, says top management is soul less. She started jogging everyday just to burn off stress. I have a friend that worked at one of their centers. During training classes, he found out he was bring paid 5.00 LESS hourly than many of those around him. Still, he hung in there and months later had received good reviews and pay raises. One day he was abruptly fired for having a larceny charge WHICH HE HAD REVEALED DURING THE PRE-HIRE PROCESS.
 7th of Oct, 2013 by   Christopher Jone 0 Votes
I was recently released from Xerox/ACS in San Francisco. They said they needed a trainer. What they, in fact, needed, was a parole officer. It is the largest group of unhappy, unprofessional, rude, disgruntled rejects I've ever had the displeasure of meeting. 90% of the people staffed there were horrifyingly inept at their jobs. The other 10% made it tolerable to be there which was barely. I would listen to reps regularly berate their customers while the management either sat idly by, afraid to approach them or listen to the so-called Quality Assurance (OMAR) team speak horribly about each of the reps as if there was no helping them. And the minute I brought concerns from the reps back to the Quality Assurance department (which amounted to the reps thinking the Quality Assurance team played favortism and were outwardly hostile towards them) the OMAR team turned on me, accusing me of saying inappropriate things. This, after one of the OMAR staff gave me the blow-by-blow of her "love life" which, amusingly enough, lacked both love or life. But what she lacked in grace and professionalism, she made up in cheap hair weave. I advise anyone who wants a small shred of happiness at a job to steer clear of this place like the plague. It was a tiny piece of hell I never want to revisit.

The Dumbest Ways To Borrow Money