logo

Business / Personal Loan Offer
Apply urgent loan offer
2. (2 mins ago)
Maytag / French Door Refrigerator
Problems with the ice maker!
3. (6 mins ago)
Sodahead
Jim Crow like bias
4. (11 mins ago)
buyephedrinehclonline.com
Seller lies about status of order
5. (14 mins ago)

Acronis Complaints & Reviews - Product does not work, no refund

Acronis Contacts & Informations

Acronis

Posted:    ingo schaefer

Product does not work, no refund

Acronis
After my last complaint about not being able to laod the program I purchased and the company making getting a refund nearly impossible (Too much time for the amount) I received an email from Steven Lawton from Acronis offering to help. I wrote him an email. The response I got was from Acronis customer service telling me that I they would not give me a refund. I wrote several emails to Steven Lawton and never received any answers. Further showing the poor customer service provided by Acronis.
Stay away
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Sep, 2010 by   Db Smith 0 Votes
I have had nothing but failures from Acronis True Image products since they abandoned True Image 9.00. I upgraded and the newest version (at the time) True Image 2010 has never worked. There has never been any support for problems in getting the new program to operate properly. They do have a chat with an offshore support center for recovery problems, and it may be commendable, but if you cannot get the ongoing backup software to work, what good is it. Acronis technical manuals (Knowledge Base, as they call it) is frustrating, and illogical. Using it is extremely time consuming, because it usually just links you to 2 or more other Knowledge Base pages, which again link you with two or more related pages, ad infinitum. I had good experience when I originally bought True Image 9.0 but in the last year or so, Acronis quit providing any support for it. I have tried to reload it several times after failing to get the upgrade to do anything right. Reloading 9.0 fails due to some missing .dll file now and Acronis has no means to reconcile that problem, and I cannot locate the .dll application on the internet. As far as I am concerned, Acronis True Image is a load of horse crap, and I see from others that their latest version, 2011, is full of problems too. Hell is not half full, and people from Acronis have their place in the line for it.
 11th of Jan, 2011 by   Greece 0 Votes
Customer: I purchased a new Desktop computer and tried to restore the image I had created ON THE SAME day from my old system. I ended up having to install 153 programs because the restore was not possible FOR NO specific reason (i.e. no error code).
Customer: The image was a FULL BACKUP and not incremental or anything else for that matter. The image was fully validated at the time of the creation by your program and there had been no errors reported.
Acronis.: It is requested that you contact us when the issue occurs.
Customer: Dear Sir, are you reading this? How am I to contact you when the computer can NOT BE RESTORED please?
Customer: I direct your attention to the fact that i have purchased the Plus Pack in order to have the Universal Restore function.
Acronis.: Well. I have seen that in our database that you upgrade from Acronis True Image Home 2010 to 2011 including the Plus Pack.
Customer: That is correct.
Acronis.: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
Acronis.: But we never came to know that you had an issue with our products.
Customer: I understand your apology but I am outraged for having paid my money for EXACTLY this SPECIFIC purpose and it is not working. I have had numerous problem with the product, if you want me to, i can point you to the support tickets too.
Acronis.: I assure you that you will get the best support to resolve all your issues.
Customer: Dear sir, what are you telling me now? Your product failed miserably to deliver for EXACTLY the purpose that I purchased it. I have been installing everything manually.
Acronis.: There is no need for manual installation. Our product is designed to perform restore over dissimilar hardware/
Acronis.: There could have been many causes due to which restoration failed.
Customer: So, if I try to install the image again and AGAIN it does not work, will YOU install 153 programs?
Customer: Please explain the possible causes. I wish to listen to each and every one of them.
Acronis.: There is no point in doing rework.
Acronis.: Please let me know the exact issue faced by you.
Customer: I purchased a new Desktop computer and tried to restore the image I had created ON THE SAME day from my old system. Simple.
Acronis.: Did you validate the archive?
Customer: Please read my responses carefully. Read above.
Customer: The image was fully validated at the time of the creation by your program and there had been no errors reported
Acronis.: Where was is stored?
Customer: On an external NTFS disk drive. USB 2.0 connection.
Acronis.: Did you move the archive before restoration?
Customer: No.
Acronis.: How did you create the bootable media to perform restoration?
Customer: Yes I had created a NEW Acronis bootable disc.
Acronis.: What issue did you face during restore?
Customer: The program would popup a message reading "Error" and nothing else. No error message code, no "corrupt image", no nothing.
Acronis.: You could have contacted us at that time. Your old computer was working at that time.
Customer: No, it was not. How am I to contact you when the computer can NOT BE RESTORED please? I foolishly placed my trust in your program and removed it.
Acronis.: How did you create the bootable media?
Customer: Are we going in circles here? Did you not just ask me the same question?
Customer: I placed the Acronis Startup disc in the CD and tried to restore to the new system. I had created a NEW Acronis bootable disc.
Acronis.: How did you create it?
Customer: From your program. I followed the program's instructions.
Customer: Dear sir, please do pardon my edginess, but I have been working straight for TWO days now in trying to restore my new system, because your program failed to deliver.
Acronis.: If I am correct, you installed Acronis True Image Home 2011 and Plus Pack and then followed the software wizard to create Acronis Bootable media.
Customer: And please DO understand that I have ALSO to work, and my Desktop is the tool of my work.
Acronis.: Yes, sir, you are totally correct.
Acronis.: It is recommended to download ISO file from your account at Acronis website & perform the operations with new Bootable Media.
Customer: But I would risk of destroying EVERYTHING that I have installed so far. Besides, the program OUGHT to have worked, right?
Acronis.: I would never recommend to overwrite the hard work you have done.
Acronis.: I thank you for your understanding. Do permit me to repeat myself. The PROGRAM SHOULD HAVE WORKED, right?
Acronis.: That's true.
Customer: All it had to do, was install on a brand new disk.
Customer: I even mounted the old drive and THEN tried to clone. No use. No work. No good.
Acronis.: I understand your frustration.
Customer: Admittedly, the news system is different in hardware terms (MB, CPU) but the program I purchased (Plus Pack) was EXACTLY for this purpose, right?
Acronis.: I totally agree with the fact that program should have worked. I would also insist that Customer Service should be contacted at the time of issue not after getting a workaround. At this point of time, we cannot assist you because you do not have any persisting issue.
Customer: How could a customer contact you when in between restoring? The program ought to work failsafe. That is exactly the reason why we buy the program in the first place. Otherwise we would not need the program, we could just call you up and receive instructions.
Acronis.: You would have send us an e-mail from a Cyber Cafe.
Acronis.: Was your old computer not working at the time of backup?
Customer: Oh please. What would have happened if my HDD failed? The image was stored on external disk and the new disk to be installed at, was new. What would Acronis do then? My old computer was in perfect working order, albeit old. I was working on it.
Customer: What would have happened if my HDD failed? The image was stored on external disk and the new disk to be installed at, was new. What would Acronis do then?
Acronis.: You might have used that computer at the time of issue.
Customer: Is this not PRECISELY the reason why I purchased your program? What would have happened if my HDD failed? The image was stored on external disk and the new disk to be installed at, was new. What would Acronis do then? Is this not PRECISELY the reason why I purchased your program?
Acronis.: I agree that the software should work as advertised.
Customer: Please sir, for one moment, DO try to place yourself in my shoes. I have to deliver my work on Monday morning and found myself having to install 153 programs. How would you have felt then? Cheated, foolish, frustrated. Do you understand?
Acronis.: I will submit your feedback to the concerned team.
Acronis.: You had user guide to follow the instructions
Customer: I wish to return your product to you and I do NOT care for any refund or anything else. It is terrible and made my life miserable.
Acronis.: I understand your frustration and apologize for the same.

Few Tips How to Buy a Foreclosure