logo

Posted:    Stayawayfromachievecardscam

fraud

achieve card
Texas
This prepaid card is a fraud from top to bottom. Stay away. First I see Ryan Thomas replied on here, he works for Achieve Card. What a joke he is .

He claims they have set up a special number for complaints, right to the president's desk. They will call you back. NO they do not. They ignore their customers.

I had their card for 6 months, twice I had unauthorized charges, charged to my account. Since this is a prepaid card, by law it has to stay who is w/d the money and supply a phone no.

There card does not do that. Twice in six months money was taken out of my account under the term debit withdrawl. So a ghost took the money out? I called and they claimed they had no idea who with drew the money.

That is not possible, because who ever took it out has a routing no, they could trace them by.

Take a look at http://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/credit-cards-and-plans/achieve-card-in-austin-tx-90043892#complaint, MANY, MANY COMPLAINTS TO THE BBB.

I never got my money back, , honestly in my opinion they are thieves. Also check out of the BBB website how many other companies this clown owns. He preys on the poor thinking what will they do?

Well my lawyer knows what to do and has contacted the attorney general and the BBB.
Comments United States Banks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

15th of Jan, 2010 by   bcareful 0 Votes
When I called to activate this card they wanted my date pf birth and my social security number in full. I called to speak to an operator to inquire why they ask for a full ss# online and on the phone and could not reach anyone.

Be careful with this.
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   RyanATX 0 Votes
All legitimate financial institutions are required by federal law to verify the identity of their customers. Achieve is just following the rules by collecting and verifying this info.
 30th of Jul, 2011 by   Bridgitte 0 Votes
The AchieveCard has a monthly fee of $9.95 That is most likely what is happening. Perhaps if you read all the information before activating you wouldn't have had this problem.
 12th of Feb, 2014 by   sooo upset 0 Votes
I have over 1000 dollars on my card for some reason they have put a hold on it!! Can not tell me why or let me talk to the person who put it on hold asked me to send them by fax a copy of my I'd ss# mail with address and w2 form i did it still has been 2 days no one can still tell me what's going on and that's after a 227 min hold time... I have contacted a frud unit !!! And the IRS they are going to look in to it I just want MY money !!! I think it is shit that I pay for them to hold my money and can't get it !!!

Smart Phone App May Catch Thieves