logo

Beware, scam, cheats, rude

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

AAMCO, California Complaints & Reviews - THE TRUTH about Free Engine check light on

AAMCO Contacts & Informations

AAMCO

Posted:    vanessa555

THE TRUTH about Free Engine check light on

AAMCO
California
Hi Everyone,
We are really pissed off with AAMCO. Our car (98 Honda Civic) had a Engine Check Light On, so my husband called AAMCO and asked about Free Engine Check service (as we saw the add on the TV) KEN (the guy at Lake Forest, CA location) said bring your car on Monday at 8:30am and we'll check it. My husband took the car on Monday and KEN said it will take about 4 hours to get the free estimate, so my husband called me to pick him up and drop him off at work. Then after 4&1/2hours we went back to AAMCO to get our estimate. KEN said I know the problem & your info is saved in the system and i have the CODE, but it will cost you $85 to know what is really wrong with the car. We were really upset because KEN didn't tell us that it will take over 4hours, he said nothing about the coupon or anything about the free service requirements. KEN wasted our whole day. We are really unhappy about the service & we won't recommend it to anybody.
Comments United States Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2010 by   "RYNO" -1 Votes
In the future just go to autoZone or Kragen they will do the code as you stand there and give you the results in a manner of seconds...
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   aamconomore -1 Votes
AAMCO is a joke.
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   Bam_Chick -1 Votes
the guys who work on the cars dont know crap about cars.. I know more then the bastard who helped us out. JOKE IS RIGHT
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   Bam_Chick -1 Votes
they also did an OBD2 reader on the car to tell us that is was a cylinder four misfire.. BASICALLY A TUNE UP NEEDED but no they blew a freakin valve!
 19th of Mar, 2013 by   common sense 71 +1 Votes
i love assholes that complaine they didnt get enough for free. kill yourself douche bag. please do us all a favor
 6th of Apr, 2014 by   jeffhardy 0 Votes
waaaa i want more for free... yeah and that car that dealers advertise for 99 bucks is always 99 bucks. welcome to retail sales your fucking f stick...

Several Tips How to Avoid Internet Scams