logo

Booking.com
False / misleading quotation
3. (35 mins ago)
Mango Pure
Cannot get ahold of company to cancel
4. (36 mins ago)
WHERE'S MY REBATE?

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

21st Mortgage, Knoxville, Tennessee Complaints & Reviews - this company lies to you!!

21st Mortgage Contacts & Informations

21st Mortgage

Posted:    dorothy

this company lies to you!!

21st mortgage
Knoxville, Tennessee
Phone: 865-292-2120
21stmortgage.com
This is a company that harass and call all the time even when they know when you'r going to call a payment in, i think they do it so it looks like we don't care and arent doing what we are suppose to. they are always threaten to take our home away and the most we'v ever been behind is 3 months, and that just happen at the end of this past year 2008!! we recently went through some rough time, the last 3 months oct, nov, and dec of 2008, well i kept them informed all of those months on what was going on w/ us, then come dec of 2008 i spoke to them like i had always did and they told me if they saw we were trying to make payments that they would make a payment for us!! oh by they way my husband herd this phone call as well. well i got in w/ some company's before the end of the month, and found one to help me, they paid the amont that 21st morgage said we had to pay, but they day of them knowing they were going to get this payment they changed they story, now the money had to be in by the 30th of dec 2008 or they didn't have to make a payment for us!! they know they have went through this agency before and knew they wouldn't get their payment in time, that really bothered me because i did my part and they just right out lied so they could get out of doing their part!! now 2 weeks later after they have recieved their mony they have serverd us another default later saying they need almost 5oo.00 by or before the end of the month jan 2009, they know we can't do it and they still just threten to take our only home from us!! i know we owe them and we are trying to get caught up, but no matter how much i talk to them they don't offer eny help to us they just keep harassing us!! i whis somehow we could get out from under these lieing harassing company. who knows they might have us out of our home this year by working the way they do!! i hope someone out there reads this and helps!! thank you for you'r time!!
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Feb, 2009 by   me00015 +1 Votes
We have a mortgage with this awful company too! They have reported us to the credit bureaus for being 30 days late(several times) when we have never been that late. We always call in when we are going to be late with a payment. Most of the people my husband talks to (I refuse to talk to the idiots) are rude and just plain hateful. They have also found ways to up our payment by about $130. I wish I would have done more research before getting a mortage with them. They prey on people who have low credit scores. My advice would be to rent, build up your credit score and get a mortgage with a more reputable company.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   Judy +1 Votes
This company is a pain you call and try to work a payment out and thay treat you like dirt, What kind of people work there have thay never been late, times is hard and all thay want is wait till you have your home almost paided off and thay want it back to resale for more .thay will not rewrite to lower interest
and thay will not defer a payment,
 13th of Mar, 2009 by   DEBBIE RICH 0 Votes
we also are with this company. if your taxes and homeowners ins is in payment. make sure they pay them. we flooded in 2006 come to find out they did not pay ins. we were out money for att. and other cost they did not reimburse. also they will not sign off on mineral rights.
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   laura +1 Votes
They have found ways to up our payment as well... I don't understand how they can treat people like they do and get away with it. I guess because people are in the same boat I am, don't know what to do about it.
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   Preston_feyd +2 Votes
Times are hard, things are tight. You would think a company that prides themself on being the #1 mobile home lender would understand that if they aren't compromising with their customers, they probably will go under. I got off the phone today with a lady who did nothing but (and I want to use french here) hack me the heck off. She insisted that because I removed myself from the ACH payments (every 2 weeks) that I had to pay 15 days interest to have my payment moved from the 1st to the 15th (I was paying about the 14th and 28th) because the original contract was drawn up as the 1st, yet i wouldn't be "missing" any payment days between my last payment and the 1st full monthly. I did the math. Their wrong.
 26th of May, 2009 by   kathleen kelley 0 Votes
this is absolutely the worst company i have ever dealt with. i was 11 days late making my payment and since have made the payment. they are without a doubt the rudest people i have ever dealt with. im getting letters and phone calls almost daily telling me that they are taking further action against our home. i wish some attorney out there would read all of these complaints and do something to hammer them and their practices. wasn't our new president suppose to help us ward off these leaches during this recession? were is he now.
 23rd of Jun, 2009 by   Silverado99 0 Votes
It is the policy of 21st mortgage to only address customer complaints in a confidential discussion with our customer. To appropriately respond to a complaint may require releasing confidential information, which is strictly forbidden under federal privacy regulations. We will attempt to contact the referenced customer to resolve this complaint.
 24th of Jun, 2009 by   F.GUZMAN +1 Votes
I had a loan with this company, they were very rude when calling me about my payment jaime specially. I think they should be more educated when speaking with people. I do not recommend this company to anyone. I went through some difficult times and was late with my payment and they just dont care. They would tell me were going to take actions and take the home from you. 21ST MORTGAGE IS THE WORST SORRY TO SAY THIS IS THE TRUTH... IF YOU GET A LOAN WITH THEM AFTER READING ALL THESE COMMENTS YOU WILL FIND OUT ON YOUR OWN.. YOU WILL LEARN THE HARD WAY...
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   alh 0 Votes
we sold our mobile home almost a year ago. we obviously could not sell it for what we owed so after months and months of talking back and forth they told us we had to have at least 70% i think it was to have them release the title. Finally we had a seller willing to pay that asking amount. Well when it came time to it they would not squash the 6k that would have been still owed. They then suckered us into signing a short sale form stating we still owe them the remaining amount. We had no choice, we had to sell. We lived in the mobile home for 10 years and had an ungodly intrest rate. At the time we were just teens starting out so i assume thats why. We were never late on a payment in 10 years. my husband figured out we paid basically the principle off plus some.. then when we sold they got almost another 30K out of it.. we figured they got almost 70k for a 2 bedroom single wide trailer. So needless to say we've been paying them 200 dollars every single month for the past almost year. Well times have got tough and we just cant afford to pay it, on top of our new mortgage we have plus our other bills. we fell behind a month and a half and they called, sent certified letters and even called my next door neighbor???????? Finally my husband called them and raised hell with them telling them they lie about everything and it is illegal to share our confidential info with anyone!!! they told us since they released the title and there is nothing to reposses they would go into my husband credit and put it as a repossesion even though there was never a repossesion. Its already marked on his credit as paid in full. I absolutely hate this company!!! im done. if thats what they say they will do, then so be it. if they can do what they say they can. i dont believe anything they say, we caught them in a million lies since.
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   GLTEAM +1 Votes
THEY ARE THE WORST I HAD MY TRAILER MORTGAGED THROUGH SOME ONE ELSE CANT REMEMBER WHO THEY FILED BANK RUPTCY RIGHT AFTER THEY FINANCED US IN 2002 I MADE MY FIRST PAYMENT TO THEM AND I GOT A CALL FROM 21ST MORGAGE SAYING THEY BOUGHT MY LOAN AND DEMANDED MY PAYMENT I SAID I ALREADY PAID IT. THEY SAID NO YOU HAVE NOT AND DEMANDED I PAY IT WELL I SAID NO I ALREADY HAVE THEY SAID YOU BETTER MAKE THEM REFUND YOU YOUR PAYMENT ANYWAYS LONG STORY SHORT THEY HAVE ALSO CALLED ME AND EVERYONE ELSE DEMANDING PAYMENTS OR IM OUT ALSO THEY SAY EVERY DAY MY PAYMENT IS LATE THAT ADDS $15 A DAY TO THE PRINCIPAL AND ALSO THEY HAVE MADE MY PAYMENTS GO UP. PLUS THEY PAY MY LAND TAXES EVERY YEAR BEFORE THE CITY SENDS ME MY TAXES DUE I DONT GET A CHANCE TO PAY MY TAXES BEFORE THEY DO IT AND THAT ALSO MAKES MY PAYMENTS GO UP. I THINK THAT IS WRONG I PAYED MY TAXES FOR THE FIRST 2 YEARS I HAD MY TRAILER THEN OUT OF THE BLUE THEY JUST DO IT AND I ALWAYS HAVE HAD HOME OWNERS INS. AND AT LEAST 3 TIMES A YEAR THEY WILL SEND ME PAPERS SAYING I DONT HAVE INSURRANCE THAT THEY HAVE ADDED IT TO MY HOME AND MAKE MY PAYMENTS EVEN MORE BUT I HAVE TO WAIST TIME GETTING THAT FIXED SO THEY DROP IT I CANT TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES THEY HAVE MADE MY WIFE BREAK DOWN. I AM SICK OF THEM AND ABOUT READY TO SAY YOU CAN HAVE IT BY THE WAY I DID NOT CHOOSE THEM AS MY MORTGAGE COMPANY IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT THAT I THOUGHT THAT A COMPANY HAD TO SEND YOU SOME TYPE OF PAPER TELLING YOU BEFORE THEY COULD I THINK THEY NEED SUED AND JUST ABOUT EVERY MONTH THEY HAVE SOMEONE NEW OVER YOUR ACCOUNT
 29th of Dec, 2009 by   heisey +1 Votes
make a complaint through the FTC... I did...Maybe if they get enough complaints a class action lawsuit may be possible...I would be more than happy to join that team on these losers.. I sold my trailer and they kept harassing me, my family and neighbors telling me I still owed them 6, 500.00 dollars for interest when they sent me the title and also I have a receipt from them saying that my account was paid in full...And yes every few weeks or month someone else was in charge of my account...I heard that they lost their lending practices and now are just a collection company on current loans... I imagine that they treat there employees like crap also that;s why so many different people are in charge of your account...You are not alone...
 5th of Jan, 2010 by   sammy kames +1 Votes
we are having same trouble with this company right now all we asl is for time it isvery hard right now we are trying we just ask for some time please .what if it was them and they was being harrassed and thing would they like it call after call nerver ends please stop they can make some one kill them selves with all the stress they but you through know matter what you do to try they still find somthing else i pray for them that they will have mercy on all the people who have a contract with them have, ercy
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   allvol -3 Votes
Yall are a bunch of low life trailor trash.. were simply doing our jobs.. we are lending because we still are the # 1 lender of mobile homes.. you have to have a college degree to work here and ill bet you we make a shit ton more money than any of you punks that cant pay your mortgage.. pay your freakin debts and we wont call.. simple as that
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   GatorNation +1 Votes
Wow allvol!! College educated and calling people trailer trash! Pretty obvious you went to UT or even possibly Crown. I'm aware of the pay scale structure at 21st Mortgage. I'm afraid to tell you that the people you are harassing every day probably do make more than you. It's really too bad Warren Buffet and his fellow Berkshire folks haven't gotten around to dumping your company yet. Clayton has already closed how many plants?? And from what I've heard Vanderbilt does a better job than 21st at collecting debt. And they haven't had to clean house like 21st Mortgage has. Realistically, you guys do use some pretty low and almost illegal tactics to wear down your "customers." A real mortgage company works with their mortgage holders to make payments, etc. Too bad your company will never learn to do that.
 25th of Feb, 2010 by   TRALORCAT +1 Votes
TO THE COMMENT THAT " ALLVOL" MADE.I AM A EAST TN MOBILE HOME DEALER.I BETTER NEVER RUN INTO YOU.I WILL SHOW YOU IN A BLINK HOW CONNECTED I AM IN THIS INDUSTRY.IF WARREN BUFFETT SEEN THIS BLOG ABOUT HIS COMPANY HAVING SO MANY NEGATIVE REMARKS THEN HE WOULD DROP 21 MORTGAGE LIKE A HOT POTATO.THEN YOUR SO CALLED COLLEGE EDUCATED ASS WOULD BE FLIPPING BURGERS AT MCDONALDS.BETTER GET ON HERE AND RETRACT YOUR DUMBASS STATEMENTS.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   Inquirying Citizen 0 Votes
GatorNation -

My husband and I live in a mobile home currently. We are college graduates. In fact, my husband has a Masters in the medical field. He went to a top university and was at the top of his graduating class overall. He was also in the 99th percentile compared to similar professionals across the nation for the licensing exam required for his field. I work for one of the top universities in the nation. We are not stupid, and we definitely make more money than you. As smart people, we decided to live in a 'trailer' paying a mortgage that is less than half what renting an apartment with similar amenities would be. Moreover, we own the house and the property it sits on, so we have assets.

It has been my experience that people make judgements about people because of where they live. Clearly, my husband and I do NOT fit the profile that you consider are all people living in 'trailers.' You might considered that your preconceived notions are wrong, and that more of these people you call 'trailer trash' are actually upstanding citizens with good heads on their shoulders. Your comments only confirm what these people have been saying about the company. You are rude, and you treat these people like dirt. My husband and I are selling our mobile home, and I was considering recommending your company to our prospective buyers. Now, I don't think I will.
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   Inquirying Citizen +1 Votes
Oops! My comments were meant to be directed at Allvol not GatorNation. Sorry Gator!
 23rd of Mar, 2010 by   shannonranee 0 Votes
the company harrasses people so bad. plus they do a lot of illegal stuff like discussing your mortgage with people whom have no connection with your mortgage at all. they call people randomly to see if they know you also - which is illegal. My husband and I divorced and I sent all the information to them including my ex husbands mailing information and they STILL send mail to my address after two years for my ex husband. we found the only way to get rid of them is quit paying and dont accept their phone calls. we tried to sell our home that we owed $48, 000 but was told by the mportgage company that if we sold it they would not accept anything less then $52, 000 - they cannot require us to pay more than the payoff amount - yet they were trying to and therefore we missed the opportunity to sell the trailer - which was ordered by the court in the divorce decree that we would sell it the first chance we had even if we only sold it for what was owed. They are a terrible company and I would NEVER recommend them to anyone - they will seriously call 15-20 times a day even if you do talk to them. Oh and when we had never been behind on payments they would start calling us days before the payment was due wanting to know when they were going to get it and try to insist we send it overnight (like they would start calling on the 1st when the payment was not due until the 15th - and Like I said we were not even behind on payments).
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   cuchulainn143 +1 Votes
21st Mortgage is a lying, egotistical, wannabe bullying organization! AllVol is so full of crap that it isn't funny!!! It's easy for him to act like a tough guy; insulting his clientele. It's just the kind of cowardly act I'd expect from a 21st employee!!! They keep telling their customers that they're "willing to work" with us; yet refuse to even allow a simple 1 MONTH deferrment, which would solve many of their client's problems. They're constantly sending letters and phone calls; even bullyed my teenage daughter and told her "you won't have a home to live in if your parents don't call back!" I, a college graduate, work in Law Enforcement in the Judicial System of my State. I spoke to some of our judges about the practices of 21st, and they find 21st laughable. 21st is the reason our state now has a foreclosure diversion program where they can be forced to work with the homeowner! I can't believe a company can hire such morons and still be in business! In hard times such as these, it would be great and professional business sense to help your clients!
 15th of Apr, 2010 by   shannonletc 0 Votes
i have 21st mortgage, was laid off for a few months in nov and dec of 09, talked to them all the time, they insisted on going over my my unemployment income and my bills. they told me to go to food pantries for food so i didnt have to spend money on groceries, , my kids have pre-paid phones with txting only so they can tell me what they r doing and where they were, , these asses told me i didnt need to spent the fourty a month, , i didnt need to keep that close an eye on my kids!!! told me to go to charities to get the money for them and borrow from friends and family, , , they just ont care as long as they get their money. cant wait till they r paid off!!!

Avoid Online Dating Scam!

Latest Groups