Posted:

Extortion - 1and1 unfair business practice

1and1
Colorado
I'd like to file a class action lawsuit against this company. Anyone with me?

1and1 is ruining people's credit if people let their subscription expire. That's crazy! I have plenty of hosting accounts on the internet, so I am very familiar with hosting policies. When a subscription expires, and your card is expired, your prepay doesn't go through. That then cancels the account. But I guess 1and1 finds that it's profitable to threaten people with a collection agency if they don't prepay for the next term without clicking the 'cancel' button, which is not even available on your control panel!

Anyone else think this is an unfair business practice? I think we should contact the Abbey Spanier law firm and file a class action lawsuit!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Hosting & Web Design
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

24th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes

1and1.com - the lost 13 day data base after 3 day down
web site
Phone: 123456789

We have few sites the hosted with 1and1 .

They have problem and we was down 3 days, , , , YES 3 DAYS it is not mistake.

After they "fixed" the poblem they lost 13 days, they recove our data 13 before the event.

UNBELIEVABLE it it real it is not jok
 19th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
yes it is very unfair. I'm with you. I have had bad experience with them too but differnt. I referred somone from the UK and never said anyting within their damn affiliate program that I have to signup for a seperate non us affiliate program. That is bullshit. I never got my money and they told me it was my fault. They dont care if you do them a favor. Those fucking assholes.
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Iam with anyone willing to draw a class action lawsuit..this is a bullshit company..I hate it from the bottom of my heart!! I let my subscription expire and they still want to charge me by threats of a collection agency.
As some one mentioned earlier they are a bunch of assholes!!
 8th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Yes, they don't honor the cancellation policy, even after confirming my cancellation, they proceeded to bill me and now say that the cancellation didn't go through because I didn't transfer the domain.
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
I'm onboard, they suck and deserve to be sued!
 21st of Mar, 2010 by    0 Votes
Guys, thank you for your insight. I was about to register 20 website doamin. When I thought to check customer support online and got your feedback. --- You Saved me from future torture
 30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
yes, I'm with you
 8th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
Yes, please tell me who to contact to file a class action lawsuit against 1and1.com. If they are not stopped they will ruin many people's credits and peace. I've been suffering from them 9 months. Their business practices make me sick.
Please advise how to start a lawsuit.
zoiariga@yahoo.com
 4th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
Stay far away from this company. Their customer service is horrible. Godaddy is way better
 29th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
We canceled it online prior to renewal, removed all the info, got a bill months later, called and canceled it again, and then about 6 months later we a letter from dept collection.
 16th of May, 2011 by    0 Votes

1and1.com - It became almost impossible to stop them from billing me for a service I never used
1and1.com

Since I never used the site I was paying for over 3 years I decided to cancel my subscription. 1 & 1 Internet's policy is very restrictive and it became almost impossible to stop them from billing me for a service I never used.
 23rd of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes

1and1.com - Can't find my website!!
New Jersey
1an1.com

I STILL can't locate my website '"UnionBookRenter.com" after paying for the website/domain name pkg. It's been MORE than a week!! COME ON! My hubby gave it to me as an anniversary gift. WHAT GIVES?! I'm losing my business b4 it has begun:(
 8th of Nov, 2011 by    0 Votes

1and1.com - Bad customer service
1and1.com

Their systems are inconsistent. tried to cancel my account multiple times and with customer service. they have stuck me with a 30.00 charge.
 7th of Mar, 2012 by    0 Votes
SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM 1AND1, COM IS A SCAM THEY ARE A COMPLETE RIPP OFF DO NOT HOST WITH THEM THEY WILL SCAM YOU TO THE MOON

BAD HOSTING COMPANY 1AND1.COM DO NOT HOST WITH THEM

THIS IS THE WORST HOSTING COMPANY AND THEY ARE A COMPLETE RIPP OFF. WHEN YOU FIRST JOIN YOUR CALL IS ANSWERED IMMEDIATELY

WHEN YOU BECOME A CUSTOMER THEIR WAIT TIMES ARE OVER AN HOUR AND IF YOU COMPLAIN THEY LOCK YOUR ACCOUNT.

DO NOT HOST WITH 1AND1.COM THEY ALSO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD WITHOUT AUSTHORIZATION AND YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT

1AND1Q.COM IS A COMPLETE SCAM BEWARE AND DO NOT JOIN THIS LOUSY COMPANY FOR YOUR WEB HOSTING NEEDS

12th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
1and1 is blocking any email I try to send to any customers, they are going to make my business go bust, maybe that is their intention. Do not use this company.
 18th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hello everybody whose complaints on 1and1.com,
I was dealing with them back in August 2010. I cannot believe that this crooks are continuing mistreating customer for so long a period of time!
How many complaints on them for years, and people still get caught in their fraudulent practices that are the most popular with the frauds nowadays: to get a hold of your credit card number and continue charging it. Even if you change the credit card they will start reporting you to credit bureau saying that you have to pay to the end of the contract that you signed in an honest belief that this is a normal company who would cancel your contract as soon as you do not like it.
If anybody knows how to fight the crooks, people should unite and stop them.
I know my message is not too convincing: I just could not believe these crooks are still living at the expense of honest taxpayers! That much for freedom and democracy! Only crooks enjoy it. Simple people are always fighting the crooked corporations like 1AND1.
 20th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes

1and1.com - support
Troy

my e-commerce site went down and their support service is hideous. I could hardly understand the people due to an accent that is foreign to me, in a country somewhere outside the USA. I was on hold today a total of three hours and still nothing fixed. BEWARE of them.

Contact Us