Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Posted:

Cancellation policies

Direct TV
www.directv.com
WARNING If you sign up for Direct TV and decide it is not for you, you have 24 hours to cancel or they will charge you at least $460.00 to terminate the contract. They tell you this after the fact and there is no mention of it in the contract by the installer or in the contract information he leaves with you for the service. My two days of Direct TV cost $230 a day! Even one of their reps thought I had the usual 3 day grace period. WRONG I guess they need to get their money fast before the customer finds out that they've been ripped off.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Satellite & Cable TV
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Oct, 2008 by    0 Votes
I am battling this same scenario with Direct TV right now. I signed up for a bundle package of cable, phone and high speed internet with a 30 day cancellation and found out from the installer 2 weeks later that I couldn't get the high speed. So I cancelled services and went with ComCast for a bundle service. Direct TV has said they have a 24 hour cancellation policy even if I was told 30 days, and have turned this over to collections.

I can't imagine that this is even legal.

Any other opinions out there?

Deb in CO