logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (2 mins ago)
Lin Poh Loan Firm
Loan Service Offer, Apply Now And Get Approved.
2. (11 mins ago)
Ramsond Corporation / Split AV
Stay away from them
3. (13 mins ago)
Skywards
Cheat you of your collected air miles
4. (19 mins ago)

Dorrance Publishing Company Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

Dorrance Publishing Company - Fees

Posted:    Ripped Off Author
When i was a child, I was the outcast of the school, nobody would talk to me and they always ignored me. These terrible memories inspired me to write about it. When I saw that Dorrance will review and publish your book for free, i turned to them. I went through the long process of writing my book. Finally, I got a letter in the mail saying "We will be honored to publish your story. There will be a fee of 6, 000-10, 000$. They say it's free... huh!...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Dorrance Publishing Company - Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh - Fraudulent company

Posted:    Susan
Dorrence found me by a manuscript that I sent in to be copyrighted. After they viewed my manuscript I was contacted by mail. They stated that they would like to publish my book. I was very excited immediately I sign on the dotted line. And sent in 500.00 dollars to get my book started.

They put me on a payment plan.They sent me the style of my book and the way it was going to look, and the needed my signature for my approval. And I signed it. Immediately after my first deposit I become unemployed and could not continue to make te payments I tried to contact some body in the finance...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh Complaint category Products & Services

Dorrance Publishing Company - Misleading and unsolicited letter

Posted:    Dee
For novice authors who may not be aware of services that research publishing companies and watchdog authentic publishers, the receipt of a personal, signed letter from a publisher is exciting, but one doesn't know until the third paragraph they are not a commercial publisher and it's just another plea for the unrepresented author to spend money.

These people research records at the U.S. Library of Congress and find authors or novelists who have recently registered a copyright and ask you to send your manuscript for "review." No thank you....

New Housing Program Targets Fraud?

Latest Groups