logo

Debtstoppers Complaints & Reviews

Sort by: Date | Popularity

Debtstoppers - Georgia, Atlanta - Beware of attorney fees

Posted: 2013-02-15 by    scoopywells
STOP! Don't do it. Get a second opinion and READ everything you sign. They are crooks! I went to DebtStoppers to seek advise about filing a bankruptcy because I had an apartment charge on my credit that total $7000 and a tax lien from the Dept of Revunue.They advised me that it was best I file a Chapter 13 to stop the harassment. I took their advice and filed. True enough their fees were $3500 in which they make that seem like pennies. I filed last year Feb. Come to find out the apartment complex didn't file a claim against me which left me with the tax lien and a few small bills totaling...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Georgia, Atlanta Complaint category Lawyers and Attorneys

Debtstoppers - Debtstoppers - worst people to fill a BK with

Posted: 2012-07-19 by    Tirgole
I went to debtstoppers in Chicago, Ill. they did not advise me correctly on the chapter 13 or 7. I shoiuld have filled a 7 not a 13. They took their money off the top and bill collectors were still calling my job and home. They did not explain the process. When you try to reach them by phone, you never get the person who served you or a return call. When the bankruptsy was finished, I learned they did not include all of my creditors and they only paid my creditors a small portion so that there would be more left for them. Then, finally, when the BK was ended, because they did notE file the case...
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Law & Civil Rights

Debtstoppers - Illinois, Chicago - Payment Issues

Posted: 2012-03-04 by    msmac417
False advertisement. Attorneys fail to return phone calls. My mortgage company did not receive some of the payments made thru debtstoppers. Attorneys collected money from my account, now I can't get them to even return my calls....
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States, Illinois, Chicago Complaint category Business & Finances

Tips to Consumers on Avoiding Online Diploma Scams