logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Lowes
Not leaving moving bolts of LG washer
2. (58 mins ago)
Gambler Tobacco
Tube cut tobacco
5. (1 hr 26 mins ago)
P C Richard & Son
But nothing has been done.Iwould like to get a working handle on my new refrig

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Zurich Extended Warranty

Posted: 2011-12-12 by    LynneM

Extended Warranty

Zurich
Purchased what was supposed to be a bumper to bumper extended warranty. Zurich is now giving me the run around on repairs and trying to negate the contract. First they want to deny coverage claiming that because vehicle is registered in my business name, and the warranty is in my personal name, all of which was known when warranty was purchased, and I was assured not an issue because I am the only driver of vehicle and owner of vehicle. There are also multiple issues, mostly nuisance issues, 1 wire came off rear window defrost and arm on rear window lift keeps popping off, hence the wire getting knocked off, rear passenger door isn't working, and check engine light just came on, and we got our first snow so when I put vehicle which I usually drive in 2 wheel drive into all wheel the tires started locking up. They are now delaying any work getting done until they can send an inspector out, which won't happen for a minimum of 1 additional day. What should have been 1 days worth of repair is now costing me a minimum of three days without a vehicle and won't know till the end of day 2 at the earliest if any of the repairs will be covered and if they are if they are going to claim them all as individual problems and charge me a $100 deductible for each.
Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Jun, 2012 by   taskins123 0 Votes
I had the road hazard tire coverage in adition on mine. Aparently the warranty expired at 12:01am on the day I got my first flat at 9:30pm. No coverage whatsoever. What a waste of money.
 1st of Feb, 2014 by   jaeaton 0 Votes
On my way to the shop for a regular oil change and tire visit, car starts making weird noises... turns out its the transmission. faulty seals cause all fluid to leak out over time (no evidence of a leak where I park in the garage) and transfer case is shot. call Zurich at 9:54 am on Wednesday am, initally told 24 hr SLA for inspector. Call on Thursday pm for status. RUDE service rep and says its 48 hrs. Inspector doest come out mid-day Friday. Call company at 4:00 for status... the "guy" left for the day... Decision to be made Monday morning. Ridiculous!!! (and on the "down low" the shop called to let me know the inspector is more than likely NOT going to approve the transfer case because that was customer neglect. However they are recommending to cover the faulty seals) If the seals were not faulty, my transfer case would be FINE...ANYHOW... and rental car coverage only applies AFTER the claim is approved... Big flipping deal... I now have had no rental car coverage through the warranty coverage (starting Wednesday- with expected diocesan on Monday - 5 days without rental car coverage). and IF the claim is approved I can submit for rental reimbursement up to $30 a day starting from the date of the approval. You can not find a rental car for 30/day... even the smallest / cheapest cars are more than that. RIP OFF!!! I WILL NOT PURCHASE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR A NEW CAR EVER AGAIN!!!

How to Protect Personal & Financial Interests