Zurich Extended Warranty

Posted:

Extended Warranty

3.7
Zurich
Purchased what was supposed to be a bumper to bumper extended warranty. Zurich is now giving me the run around on repairs and trying to negate the contract. First they want to deny coverage claiming that because vehicle is registered in my business name, and the warranty is in my personal name, all of which was known when warranty was purchased, and I was assured not an issue because I am the only driver of vehicle and owner of vehicle. There are also multiple issues, mostly nuisance issues, 1 wire came off rear window defrost and arm on rear window lift keeps popping off, hence the wire getting knocked off, rear passenger door isn't working, and check engine light just came on, and we got our first snow so when I put vehicle which I usually drive in 2 wheel drive into all wheel the tires started locking up. They are now delaying any work getting done until they can send an inspector out, which won't happen for a minimum of 1 additional day. What should have been 1 days worth of repair is now costing me a minimum of three days without a vehicle and won't know till the end of day 2 at the earliest if any of the repairs will be covered and if they are if they are going to claim them all as individual problems and charge me a $100 deductible for each.
Complaint comments Comments (9) Complaint country United States Complaint category Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Comments

26th of Jun, 2012 by    -2 Votes
I had the road hazard tire coverage in adition on mine. Aparently the warranty expired at 12:01am on the day I got my first flat at 9:30pm. No coverage whatsoever. What a waste of money.
 1st of Feb, 2014 by    -1 Votes
On my way to the shop for a regular oil change and tire visit, car starts making weird noises... turns out its the transmission. faulty seals cause all fluid to leak out over time (no evidence of a leak where I park in the garage) and transfer case is shot. call Zurich at 9:54 am on Wednesday am, initally told 24 hr SLA for inspector. Call on Thursday pm for status. RUDE service rep and says its 48 hrs. Inspector doest come out mid-day Friday. Call company at 4:00 for status... the "guy" left for the day... Decision to be made Monday morning. Ridiculous!!! (and on the "down low" the shop called to let me know the inspector is more than likely NOT going to approve the transfer case because that was customer neglect. However they are recommending to cover the faulty seals) If the seals were not faulty, my transfer case would be FINE...ANYHOW... and rental car coverage only applies AFTER the claim is approved... Big flipping deal... I now have had no rental car coverage through the warranty coverage (starting Wednesday- with expected diocesan on Monday - 5 days without rental car coverage). and IF the claim is approved I can submit for rental reimbursement up to $30 a day starting from the date of the approval. You can not find a rental car for 30/day... even the smallest / cheapest cars are more than that. RIP OFF!!! I WILL NOT PURCHASE THE EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR A NEW CAR EVER AGAIN!!!
 10th of Sep, 2014 by    -1 Votes
i just used my warranty for the first time instead of paying the 100.00 i paid 234.00 . what a rip off ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 21st of May, 2015 by    -1 Votes
I have a standard coverage Zurich warranty that I purchased when I bought a 2006 Nissan Frontier.. I was experiencing a noise like running over rumble strips. Upon investigation I was told that there was a problem with my transmission due to a defect in the radiator and antifreeze ran into the transmission... I called Zurich and was told that I was covered but when I attempted to make a claim I was told that the radiator caused the problem with the transmission that that the radiator is NOT covered therefore I was on my own... Nissan NEVER sent my house anything telling me this was the problem and I am now on the Hook for the $2500 deductible to replace the parts caused by this defect and left hung out to dry... Now I will be out of $4910... $2500 plus the $2410 I paid for what I consider this useless piece of paper I carry in the glove box...DO NOT BUY A ZURICH WARRANTY, THEY ARE A SCAM AS FAR AS I CONCERNED... NOW ASK ME HOW I REALLY FEEL!!!
 26th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Has anyone Purchased the extended (ZURICH) Vehicle Service Contracts for Engine and Drive train, Also Road hazard Tire and Wheel, Also Zurich Shield which is suppose to cover Rust and Corrosion.
Just for anyone who is offered this plan, I have had a tire claim which they would not cover and now I have a rust claim for the Running Boards, also of which they will not cover. I have learned from experience to never purchase a ZURICH PROTECTION PLAN EVER AGAIN. Over $3000.00 dollars spent for extra coverage that each with only 2 claims I have tried to have repairs made on and each one has been denied.
 6th of Jul, 2015 by    -1 Votes
This is a cheap extended auto warranty. You have to fight them along the way. I ended up paying for most of the car rental, and all of the taxi service. For an extended warranty service I was out of pocket almost $300. Also they wouldn't fix the AC, we have to see if the freon leaks some more, and then I have to take my car back to the dealer. The time, cost, and aggravation of Zurich Extended Auto Warranty is not worth it. Get the warranty with the auto manufacturer's name on it, or don't bother at all...
 27th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I purchased a two-year 24, 000 mile powertrain warranty from Apple Chevrolet redline PA for a 2008 Chrysler town and country. I noticed it was burning a lot of oil about 2 quarts a month. Before Zürich would consider having the mechanics look at the engine I had to purchase a Oil change and bring the car back every thousand miles to see how much oil it was using. I brought the van back into Apple Chevrolet redline at 1000 miles it was a quart and a half while they topped it off and set me away. I brought it back at another thousand miles it was almost 2 quarts low. They had me bring it back a third time at 1000 miles it was a court and a half low but said since I had brought it in twice before on a Saturday those technicians do not log the information into the computer therefore the record shows it uses a court and a half of oil every 3000 miles. I've talk to Zürich several times and they've said the same thing over and over you must pay for a new oil change in order for us to consider repairing your vehicle. I took it somewhere else to have the oil measured over 3000 miles but they refused to take the measurements from that car dealer ship because they were not a preferred Zürich dealership. My car went over the 24, 000 miles 3000 miles ago now there is oil in a steady stream coming out of the engine Zürich's response of course was sir there's nothing we can do you're out of warranty you should of Address this sooner.

I have since found something very very interesting out, a good friend of mine works for a Nother dealership that also sells Zürich warranties he is the finance manager, he told me unequivocally that Zürich has an agreement with the dealerships that if The warrantees they sell are never used they get a large portion upwards of 40% of that money back to keep as profit what a customers warranty expires. Therefore his service manager and service advisors or bonus and well aware the more they can put a customer off, use the system to get the customer to buy things they necessarily don't need in order to determine whether or not they can use their warranty and that of course the end goal is they will get a large sum of money if they can keep you from using your extended warranty. This extended warranty company is a scam they are large in fact the largest warranty company in the country. I have used other extended warranties from other companies without issue it is Zürich and the dealers in which they work with. If someone offers you a warranty and it is Uruk turned them down or ask them for an alternative this company got huge by screwing you and me.
 2nd of Feb, 2016 by    -1 Votes
Purchased vehicle warranty from Matthew's Auto in Vestal, NY for $2500. Every time we bring the car in for an issue, they charge us $100. This last time, we had to pay $28.00 for two codes and check engine light. All they did was clear the codes. Garbage warranty. Never again.
 12th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
I purchased a 3 year 50, 000 mile extended warranty at the strong urging of my dealer when I purchased a high mileage SUV. They were adamant that Zurch would cover "anything that went wrong with the engine" outside of wearable parts like gaskets, plugs etc. Well, 18 months later my check engine light starts flashing. I replaced at my cost $900 worth of fuel injectors. Did a $400 tune up. Still getting the light. I was 100 miles from home when the engine started sputtering. I got to a dealership who informed me that cylinder 1 was "dead". Zurich would not commit to covering anything until the engine was "torn down to fault", a $1500 bill for me right away. When it was determined (after dropping the engine and removing the head) that the cylinder was indeed burnt, Zurich refused payment saying it was normal wear and tear, and not covered. At this point my entire engine is physically separated from the vehicle. Repairs and putting it back in another $2500! No appeal, no discussion. I'm screwed for a $3500 repair that the dealership has told me that, in the past, been covered by Zurich. I am the 4th person in 30 days declined for similar repairs. This is some kind of SCAM or ripoff. I imagine that a $100-$500 repair MIGHT have been covered, but when it exceeds the premium, my guess is these scam artists find some fine print that a regular guy can't argue with. Lucky for me, I have the funds to get this done at MY expense...and to hire an attorney to pursue the issue. In the meantime, Social Media, here I come. When your dealer mentions ZURICH, RUN!

Contact Us