30th of Nov, 2011 by    +1 Votes
Zillow under estimates property by a large amount, I don't even know why they exist, they don't know what the house's they are zestimating are like, or how they may have been improved . They estimate some places high also some that are in remote areas that no one wants to live in and other nice places they value low. They really have no real purpose for estimating anything.
 26th of Dec, 2012 by    +1 Votes
I have an issue with Zillow's totally skewed Zestimate and their website directions to correct it; It is essentially up to the home owner to correct Zillow's errors; and even though they supposedly update their website two-three times weekly, it can take up to two months, if ever for corrections to be made. If my listing is correct on my Realtor's website and MLS, why is it incorrect on Zillow's?
Zillow presents totally erroneous information, and many consumer's believe whatever they read on the Internet must be true. The BBB in Washington grades them as an "F" and they have more complaints against them than any other business of this type.
I would suggest filing complaints with the attorney general's office of the state of Washington and your home state where you have a listing, also the Federal Trade Commission, and the National and state of Washington Real Estate Licensing Boards. If enough complaints are made, something might actually happen.
 20th of Aug, 2013 by    +1 Votes
This is the most "shady" and dishonest real estate website out there. Their information concerning housing prices is way off and usually the properties listed as available are not. In most cases I have come across I was lead to believe was "For sale" with all "motivated seller" and "make me move" details turned out to be properties that were under contract with multiple back up's for at least 3 to 6 months.
Zillow is a great site if you wish to research history.
 13th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I, too, had an issue with Zillow's erroneous data. I was not happy with their reply to "submit documentation", so I replied, they could either submit their sources, correct the info, delete it, or I could talk to my lawyer.
Within the week, the data was updated!
I am very pleased that they are listening to the reviews and changing their behavior.
 30th of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
i posted a property with zillow, it was a free listing by owner . the house it's self could not be insured under $240, 000 (full replacement value) plus it sat on a nice lakefront lot. with in a few weeks the zestimate value was listed at $116, 000. people should never use this site to look at property. there is no telling how many possible buyers that i missed by those figures.
i finely pulled the house off of zillow and advertised it myself. i sold the home shortly after at a fair market value. sure wish the f.t.c. would take a good hard look at these people
 16th of Oct, 2015 by    0 Votes
I had a very very bad experience with Zillow salesperson Kara Kleingarn and Dan ****. They are not only liars but threaten me when I intended to terminate my contract. Zillow sent out a fishy contact to my account on 3 oclock in the morning after I said I didn't receive any lead through my advertisement. The property that fishy contact asked is a off-market property. I think zillow is doing cheating and fraud.

Zillow Logo Zillow