logo

GWM South Africa
Poor after sales service
2. (17 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!
3. (25 mins ago)
Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
4. (27 mins ago)
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM
JOHN KENNEY AKA POBAMA25@YAHOO.COM - SCAMMER
5. (30 mins ago)
perfectkicks.net
Don’t buy from them- -total scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

young property management, Suffolk, Virginia Complaints & Reviews - Landlord robbing tenants

young property management Contacts & Informations

young property management

Posted:    vanclife

Landlord robbing tenants

Young Property
444 Main Street
Suffolk, Virginia
Phone: 757-539-3479
The Landlord has refused to repair property. Landlord is also the lawyer who sends you our judgments on the 4th of the Month. He uses his lawyer practices against the tenants. Intimidation is his key tool. Young Property Mangament Corp is the name. His name is Hubert Young. I put in workorders for things to be fixed. The kitchen sink cabinet was almost falling off the wall. Last year the water system got back up in the kitchen and flooded the kitchen floor and cabinents. The unit was duplex. My neighbor water was coming in my house. It took 3 days before they came out.He promised a new sink but never got one.Floor had some holes in it and was sinking. January the hot water heater busted. He put a 6ft piece of plywood over the floor. That was his repair. Management refuses to talk to you. February they sent letter terminating my lease. I sent them a letter noting the issue with the unit and told them I would be opening an esrow account on the 5th of March. He never responded but on March 4th he put a judgment in for March rent. That stopped me from opening an escrow account against him. After being evicted in the same I month I went to court and got his jugdment dismissed because I paid the bill. He initial sent a letter saying I broke the lease and I owe for labor and material purchase to fix the house. Bill for materials alone $715.00. Breaking the lease/labor charges were 2756.00. last lease signed was 5yrs ago. Called the office after receiving his bill and informed I disagree with the charges. I was on a month to month lease. Wanted to dispute the materials bills. I was told I would get a phone call back. Instead I got a judgment sent for 2755.00 damages and rent, 655.00 for his lawyer fees. The Bill of particulars had $1600 for materials. He thought I would not dispute this because I could not afford a lawyer. The reciepts submitted were for a new kitchen sink, cabinet, floorboards etc. I guarantee I am not first. Wife is the Manager, son in charge of Maintance.
Comments United States Landlords
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jul, 2010 by   prinsez 0 Votes
I totally understand what you are going through. I have the same problem with Real Estate company who owns our apartment building. ATM, LLC which stands for Arthur T Mott. His Office manager tries to intimidate people because some of them are Latinos and they do not speak up or fight for their rights.

We have a 10- day grace period and after the 15th of the month, there is a $30.00 LATE FEE. after the 20th of the month, the Late fee is increased to $150.00. After that we receive a judgment to go to court or pay $450.00 late fee. I think it is all a scam and the tenant/landlord court is in agreement with this.

I remember when I signed the lease, I received copies of everything ACCEPT a form called "the rider". this form stated that if we (tenants) were responsible for paying the late fees. I requested a copy and was told that it stays in thier file. I don't know who to complain to so I logged on to this website. It so expense here in NY and I cannot afford to move right now.

Time Running Out for Home Buyer Tax Credit