logo

Uncomfortable experience

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

YEXT, California Complaints & Reviews - YEXT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!

YEXT Contacts & Informations

YEXT

Posted:    BobDudy

YEXT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!

YEXT
California
I was a Yext customer (used their service) and in my experience YEXT IS A SCAM! I was charged $20/call for all sorts of junk and garbage calls, their salesman who sold me the service informed me that I would only be charged when a lead generated actual revenue. YEXT IS A TOTAL SCAM! Save your money and use real advertising. At least then you know what you are getting.

Comments United States Internet Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Apr, 2010 by   advanced auto works 0 Votes
They did not tell me that I would be charged only for revenue producing calls. BUT... I believe that 99% of the calls are junk and if I am paying $20-$50 per call I expect qualified customers. I feel that they are paying people to call businesses on their list and ask questions. DON'T USE YEXT
 9th of Jun, 2010 by   PC EMT 24/7 0 Votes
The sales people told me that I would only pay if it the lead generated revenue... LIARS - now when the bill came around and I refused to pay they cursed at me on the phone and told me that they are going to sue me!
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   John francis 1 0 Votes
Yext.com is a scam. Don’t get involved with these people………. you will absolutely regret it. I lost $1000 before I had to cancel my credit card to stop them
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   Sterling Glass 0 Votes
I too was taken in by their scam operation. I am the General Manager of the largest glass shop in South Carolina. I did receive plenty of calls, but all of them were nothing more than price shoppers. I was told by my sales person that I would only have to pay for those leads that actually generated in to deals. That was simply a bald face lie!. When I saw just how much money they took out of my account, I was floored. When I called them to raise hell, I was told by yet another sales person that I must have been mistaken. These criminals charged me for every call that came in. Keeping count, I had 17 wrong numbers that Yext charged me for.
Before you even contemplate using this scam of a company, please take a deep breath and don't swallow any of their lies! You will be thankful you did!
 24th of Jul, 2010 by   i true believe they are a scammer 0 Votes
i was wit this company for a few months but they started to smell fishy if u no wat i mean...

well i started wit them for the first month and they charged me $20 per click...and yes alot of people did call my business but 80% of them was people asking questions about ther appliances and if they said the key words like " appointment"..."repair"..."call me" or watever it is.

They will charge u for that call...but the thing is everyone that calls me say these main words for some reason but it does not mean i actually got the call...the first month i paid $120 and then 2nd month i paid $240, then the third month i paid $320...it just seem like i pay more every month but out of the 16 people that called me, only like 3 people i made money out of...cuz they wer people who didnt ask only question but really wanted their appliance fixed.

but i started feeling wierd about them is when i asked one lady, how she heard about us and she said i saw u in the yellow pages book...it surely got nothing to do with the internet...

and another times when i have calls from my old customers...i see them on the recorded voices, which they charged me of course...but my old customers has my real number

i think they also use our real number to link it to ther call center too or sumthing...i dont no, ther is just sumthing wierd about them...

wen i call to cancel...they said to go on this 30 buck monthly bases and no matter how many people call u it'l just b that 30 dollers...sounded good so i tried it...not 1 call from them hahahhahhah...people who is calling me now is all from the yellowpages

so im gona call to cancel wit them period...

does this smell sticky to anyone else?
 13th of Aug, 2010 by   NYCThieves 0 Votes
Yext is a complete scam. Here is their latest pillaging... They are changing existing business' phone numbers in free web listings to their $8 per call phone numbers. So, if you've spent a lot of time building an Internet presence, they are going around behind you and changing your direct phone number to one of their trackable (and charged) numbers.

What a toatal scam these guys are running. Call them up - they operate out of a NYC boiler room. Listen to the high-pressure sales pitch and maybe you'll even hear the hoots and hollers of a "salesman" beating down another client.

If you want to get fleeced, this is the firm that will do it to you. Stay away - YEXT = FRAUD + SCAM.
 20th of Aug, 2010 by   rtstech 0 Votes
Yext sucks! There customer service is horrible! Tried them out for 6 months or so. Some of the calls were ligament. However, most were not. I just receive a call from a client through my Google search. This same client was shopping around and called me back from the Yext number. The recording clearly stated he called me earlier under my direct line. I call Yext customer service to get a credit on this call.

There response;

"As mentioned in the email we sent on 8/4, we are no longer crediting for calls.

We spent several months talking to customers and studying our service to find what our clients liked most, and least, about the service. One overwhelming piece of feedback that we heard was that requesting and handling credits was time-consuming and a hassle. Based on that feedback, we came up with our new Pay-For-Calls model with the goal of giving you your time back and making our service easier to use. We removed the ability to receive credits, and while we can't promise that we will filter out all calls that aren't directly relevant to your business (computers aren't perfect after all), we have lowered the price to offset these changes."

I was asked, "well your making money on the other calls, right?' This is totally BS! They charged me $30 for a call that was from my client, calling there number by mistake. I canceled with Yext immediately!

To all out there, BEWARE! You would think in today's economy customer service would be a priority?
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   oops24 0 Votes
I know someone that worked there. It is bad news. Turnover is 90%. You probably will have to lie to get a sale. They have their office in one of the most expensive locations in the world, and hire new college grads to work there, just to be telephone jockies. What a joke. The investors are fools!
 11th of Oct, 2010 by   Piggingstring 0 Votes
I used them for only one month, and they charged me 3 times as much as I made. Lots & lots of prank, cancellation, shopping calls etc. When I cancelled them, they treatned to sue me, and I said go right ahead and never heard from them again...Believe me, they are a tootal ripppppp OFF !!
 23rd of Nov, 2010 by   aaron jordan 0 Votes
i used yext to begin advertising leads for my cleaning company then i waited a month and nothing ever happen, then said it takes time and im duh ur a fucking scam and lair . point is why call looking to sell leads if you dont have them.
c est la vie, there time will come, you go around stealing and it not catch up with u
 18th of Jan, 2011 by   Mike Zi 0 Votes
It's nice to see that I wasn't the only person who had this experience with them.

I think they call their own tracking numbers to get $$$$$, then I switched over to their unlimited calls for a flat fee and the phone STOPPED ringing. Interesting huh. I guess since it stopped being profitable for them to make our phone ring, it stopped.
 23rd of Apr, 2011 by   Monmouth Car Service 0 Votes
Yext has made my business a roaring success. I own a car service and a year ago I only had 1 car - now I have 4 and a thriving business. I get so much business from them - especially in repeat business that you DON'T have to pay for. I had 1 phone call from a corporation that cost me $5 and now gives me over $600 per week in business. If you set your parameters correctly - you should have no complaints. All calls are recorded. I would much rather pay per call than pay per click - and they ARE on the top of search. I get calls every month from SEO (search engine optimization) companies promising to put me on the top - I tell them I'm already there.
 28th of May, 2011 by   jfaze 0 Votes
I absolutely hate YEXT and if i could i would like to go to new york and fuck some of them people up. They decided to go and take 810 dollars out of my acct with no warning or authorization after already getting a ton of money off of me with there outrageous rates . They are fucking crooks and need to be shut down. my account is a 1000 dollars in the hole because of them and now i cant pay non of my bills including mortgage because of these damn crooks.
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   bmiranda 0 Votes
They keep calling me and I won't answer, so now they call and when my voice mail picks up they then put me on hold so that their music plays until my voice mail times out. They are a complete scam.
 31st of Oct, 2011 by   www.bestmemoryupgrade.com +1 Votes
Yext is a Scam. Being a straight forward person, I am another Victim...of their Scam.
 19th of Apr, 2012 by   shaking cup media 0 Votes
Thats why you should call a company that actually wants you to get leads! I want you to make money so you keep spending every month. Thats how I make money. You make money = I make money, Period... shakingcup.com/about_us/why_hire_us
 16th of Jul, 2012 by   Hazy1 0 Votes
I was sold on a 30 day free trial, "nothing to loose" that was the speech Kevin told me. The first week I was charged 125.00 for 3 leads. when I call to cancel because they have my phone mix up with CVS, i'm still getting calls from customers asking for CVS.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

YEXT IS A SCAM!!!
 4th of Jun, 2013 by   gurktomat 0 Votes
They don't help you out. SCAM
 13th of Jun, 2013 by   RLS51 0 Votes
I was notified today about using Yext for my business and I told them flat out that I will not pay for something until I can check out reviews about the business, so Now I reposted some of your reviews and sent it back to them mentioning that I could post more but I won't, please take me off of your call list...
 5 hrs 4 mins ago by   gregorycool1 0 Votes
scam scam scam stay away from these jokers

Insurance on Campus