logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Dealdash.com
Whatever you do, do not waste your time here
2. (4 mins ago)
Bad service

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Yellow Pages USA, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent Billing Practices

Yellow Pages USA Contacts & Informations

1156 Bowman Road
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Phone: 866-749-4104
yellowpagesusa.com
This company cold called pretending to be "The Yellow Pages" asking if we wanted to renew our online ad from last year. They went over our details (no account number, just basic info) and told me that someone from the verification department would call me back shortly to confirm the listing. After she hung up another call came in a few minutes later and they verified the listing on a recorded line. This behavior is the number 1 way to know there's a scam, separate phone calls, with the second one recorded.
From doing some online research, I expect they'll send a bill since asking to remit payment to:
Yellow PagesUSA Corp.
391 NW 179th Ave
Aloha, OR 97006

I didn't give any payment info so if they do I'll have to contest it. For now I'm faxing them at 843-282-0035 to tell them I don't want their service. I also called 843-282-0301 and that's just a voicemail. Watch out!

Yellow Pages USA

Comments United States Telemarketing
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Yellow Pages USA complaints
Yellow Pages USA - Bogas soliciation

Comments

13th of Sep, 2011 by   Dennis Langlais 0 Votes
I just had the same thing happen, not to happy, Every legitimate business bills you and is very clear of what there billing you.
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   kevinatdex 0 Votes
I work for Dex One (legit yellow pages and on-line advertising) and I hear these stories from our clients all the time. If you feel something is suspicious ask the yellow page advertising person to send you an email that has the domain of the company in it. For instance our email address are [firstname.lastname@dexone.com] They probably won't even send the email. They will give up on you and move to the next unsuspecting target.
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   blueprint 0 Votes
I had the same thing happen at the beginning of the year. Haven't sent them any form of payment but they kept sending invoices, recently threatening with their "legal department". I filed a complaint with the BBB and Indiana Attorney General which made the phone calls stop for a short while and invoices stop until today asking for us to pay our outstanding balance. Not exactly sure what else to do, any suggestions?!
 3rd of Nov, 2011 by   ChristopherB 0 Votes
They've moved their operations from Oregon to NY... you'll want to file a complaint with the NY Atty General, which you can do by fax. Their new phone number is 1-866-749-4104 and their fax is 1-866-749-4130, their site is http://theyellowpagesusa.com and their unregistered parent company is http://www.webshoproducers.com . If you call them, their phone system says Yellow Pages USA (the old company name) but they'll insist there's a difference between the old company (which they say they aren't even affiliated with) and the new company with the "The" in front of "Yellow Pages USA". Their address is

616 Corporate Way
Suite 2, #2442
Valley Cottage, NY 10989, USA

and Webshoproducers.com's address is
455 Route 306, Suite 2442
Monsey, New York 10952, USA

Make sure and file the "Consumer Frauds Bureau Complaint Form" located here... http://www.ag.ny.gov/bureaus/consumer_frauds/filing_a_consumer_complaint.html
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   Allison Edwards 0 Votes
We have been getting invoices for over a year. Never asked to for them to run an add for us. I have tried to call them and the lady (so to speak ) just hangs up on me when I tried to tell her there was no one and had never been a Sally Mae that worked here to authorize this. So they will just keep going in the trash,
 26th of Aug, 2014 by   first call 0 Votes
I was contacted by the YP representative, and went through what they were offering. We had a slow down in the company ( a plumbing company) so I listened. I was Sold a pay as you go item. It was explained to me like this:
1. They would create and add for my approval.
2. it would use their number so that they could track the calls and collect numbers
3. there would be a website that I could retrieve the numbers if we missed the calls
4. that in bound call would announce that it was from yp
5. that I would not have to pay from sales calls, only customers
6. that any call that wasn't a customer I could dispute. just make a list
7. that a percentage of the calls would automatically be removed
The day the sales guy came to show me the ads they were completely wrong. I told him they were, and I was told that I need to sign for the size of the add and that they would make all changes I need. (I still have a copy of the email I sent them) no changes where ever issued. they published the ads with our company doing work we never do, in places we don't serve, doing things we aren't even lic. to do.
The person that sold the ads never returned calls, I was finally told that I would get a call from a supervisor.. no call ever came.
about a month later I noticed I was getting a lot of calls from a 415-???-5555 number but I was unable to answer them. I called it back and found that it was a forwarding number for yp. I called them and went to this website. The website was down, seem like it was always having problems. if it was up you couldn't log into your account, or if you did you couldn't see numbers or anything else of use. when called they were nice and after several call agreed to test the lines. 9 calls where made to test the lines.. they decided it was working even though I only was able to answer 2 of those calls, and then billed me for the test calls.
After complaining about that they finally took those calls off my bill. but then presented me with a bill for several calls (65-85 per call) of which I had received none. I called for the account supervisor again, still no answer, even the customer care could not get my account person or his supervisor on the phone.
During the next month two calls made it through the forwarding process, ( from the number they called, to the yp forwarding, to our voip, to our mobile phones) one looking for a roofer (we are plumbing) and one asking for a different company that had this number last year.
I was told that if I cancelled or refused to pay the number would be forwarded to some one else. I called and told them I was blocking the call. that I was not interested in this mess anymore. that they should forward the calls to another company..
its now some time later they still call and try and collect 2800 that they think I owe.
My Company never received a single customer, never received a call back from the supervisor, never gave final approval (which they now say is not required) I never got ANY value, The phone never said who was calling, I was never able to get the called numbers from their system or anyplace else.
COMPLETE LIES, Mutual Consideration is still a requirement. promises made from their side broken everywhere.. from the first " I will be here to walk you through everything" to the cancelling of the contracts..
Now they have their lawyers calling. Take me to court

Scam The Scammers