logo

Branson's Nantucket
false advertising
4. (16 mins ago)
www.nycoptics.com
truly appreciate the ease of using your website
5. (34 mins ago)
GLOBAL COURIER SERVICE COMPANY LONDON. UNITED KINGDON
regarding to get lottery prize

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Xoom.com, St louis, Missouri Complaints & Reviews - Xoom is not safe. Dont ever put your bank account info

Xoom.com Contacts & Informations

Xoom.com

Posted:    Xoom victim

Xoom is not safe. Dont ever put your bank account info

XOOM.COM
St louis, Missouri
DONT EVER USE XOOM unless you want your bank account to be hacked. I have used xoom around 5 times and there was no problem first. Then today, I got a bank alert that an electronic draft was deducted from my bank account and it originated from xoom for 1000 dollars. What the fuck. I did not make a transaction and I am only using one computer.

Someone was able to steal my bank account info from xoom. It must be an inside job. There were no transactions recorded for my xoom account. Someone must have used my bank info from their database and setup a new account.

Where the hell is the confirmation calling the actual bank account owner!! FUCK XOOM. Dont use it ever. Anyone can get your information. May even be an inside job.

I just got ripped off 1000 dollars and my bank told me that they cant do anything about it.

I called them several times for the span of 4 hours at least and nobody answers their hotline.

Nobody responds to my emails...

I hope nobody else is ripped off by this fucking monkey business

Dennis
Comments United States Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

1st of Mar, 2009 by   tjbrooks 0 Votes
I had the same problem on around the same date - it appears they were doing site maintenance and an earlier transaction had been duplicated. After dealing with the fraud department (the original department I spoke to were useless) the funds were deposited back into my bank the next day, and they also refunded me my overdraft charges by check within a few days.
I was more pissed with my bank who claimed they were unable to stop a pending transaction even when they know it is fraudulent.
I still use xoom am am still happy using their low cost service.
 14th of Mar, 2009 by   TOTTO 0 Votes
no way dude, i just did a $30 test and gave wrong secret code after noticing the scam, then when i went inside looking for the cancel button which used to be there, now it's gone so i emailed and called them and they quickly processed money or stole it, i am sure now they work with scammers especially from the new nigeria the philipines...beware people NEVER USE XOOM, SCAMMERS PARADISE...
 20th of Mar, 2009 by   peedoff 0 Votes
The same thing has just happened to me. I was using xoom successfully for several transactions of $2500. Yesterday I noticed a fraudulent transaction of $2500 to Carlos Lopez in Mexico. I have only ever sent money to a UK bank. Xoom customer service is useless, you only get to speak to someone in the Phillipines.

DON'T USE XOOM!!! BEWARE OF XOOM.
 4th of May, 2009 by   avictimofxoom 0 Votes
damn it, wish I had read this information earlier. we have just been hacked $1000 too... by a Fillipino Woman !!! WTF !!!
P/s: I have asked my friend in the Fillipine since I got the receiver's real name, and I found out it was a woman ... now we are trying to contact the police there to arrest her !!! Better run away for your life bitch !!!
 4th of Jul, 2009 by   alen.93 0 Votes
i used my credit card for 6 mouths with this. and never ask ID till now, my ID expired resantly, now im blocked i use this many times (have like 4 friends there) never had a problem till the ask for copy of my ID at random with no warning, i dont drive, no place has ever ask me for my ID, i guess it worked ok for me while it lasted, it was just $20 servral times.
 27th of Jul, 2009 by   oruga 0 Votes
WARNING!!!
DON'T USE XOOM!!! I used my credit card to transfer money to my ccount in Colombia. The money was never deposited into the bank account. I called several times and they said "It will be transfered tomorrow" and so. Then, after many complaints, the cancellation process started but I'm still waiting for my refund. I lost my money. Don't trust this system!!!
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   hougsy 0 Votes
xoom has problems with internal scammers and they are stealing details of your bank accounts cc etc..
also approve transactions that are false, not authorized. Consumers beware xoom is not a company anyone should trust as they are simply ripping everyone off. I have had over 200, 000 complaints internationally so [please beware, xoom is currently under investigation and will be prosecuted.
regards
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   whos watching 0 Votes
I've never used the company in yet my debit card info was used in a $ 160.00 charge never authorised, what the hell is this!!! My bank stopped the transfer but it will still take 7-10 days to get the money back.

My question is how if I never used them did they get my info!!!?
Hey everyone,

Actually if you all want to know what is going on I will tell you, most of the employees that work there have no education and on top of that one employee that works there like's to work in jobs where he has access to peoples banking info, and social security numbers. Im sure there are a few well known reasons why. As far as not being able to talk to an actual live person, thats because they are all behind computers and not going to pick up the phone knowing quite well that they are mentally uncapable (uneducated) of handling customer complaints or issues orally. For all the people who may or may have dealt with xoom, many of them dont speak english very well either (another reason why they don't pick up the phone) Most of their phone numbers do not go directly to a person and if they do the employee will 10 times out of 10 NOT PICK UP!! Advice to all when it comes to your hard earned money, stick with a company who has been around for a very long time! For such a small company with one headquarters they sure have alot of customer complaints. How do these people sleep at night, really!
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   MIMISKY 0 Votes
Internal scammers is exactly right!! Is xoom.com really under investigation?? If not how can we get one started? I will put up some of the money to make this happen...anyone else with me on this!! Seriously!
 19th of Sep, 2009 by   MIMISKY 0 Votes
The fraud department there is most likely a bunch of undocumented citizens trying to steal your identity with no real education, certificates, or special training to be in that line of work! Maybe we should all visit their headquarters and see for ourselves who is running the show over there...lol!!
 2nd of Oct, 2009 by   bonzkie Kid 0 Votes
When I started to use Xoom.com everything was fine until I needed to send money for an emergency. Xoom delayed the transfer of the money. Everytime I would ask for somebody to help me from thier customer service I was refered to 7 different employees who gave me 7 ifferent expalnations to the cause of the delay. Until I was forced to avail of the express service which cost me more than $ 30. WHAT A SCAM!!! After that I have stopped to use Xoom.com. Also XooM.com has a very Low conversion (exchange) rate which is not aligned with prevailing rates. Everytime you use XooM.com you are being short changed.
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   Smart Pinay 0 Votes
I agree with most of the complaints here. People didn't realize that xoom has the lowest exchange rate. It really is not aligned with prevailing rates. Customers should realize that Xoom is charging too much in their service because aside from lowest exchange rate they charge extra fee. If you'll choose US dollar on how you want to send money, they charge a lot because they're not making any profit from it. If you'll send $2999 they'll charge you $60 fee (that is if u want to send money in US dollars), if you'll choose peso, they'll only charge $7.99 (which is very low) but you should realize that they making a lot of profit because of lowest exchange rate... and therefore, Xoom is not cheapest way of sending money. Xoom is actually one of the expensive. Western Union will only charge $45 for sending $3000, Xoom charge $60 if you'll send it in US dollar. This is the fact... think twice and realize how you loose money using Xoom.com.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   Cargoman 0 Votes
I am so glad I found this page - I was about to use them - after a horrendous experience with my own bank - a transfer I had made from US bank to a UK bank was mishandled.
Not only that but I paid 40 usd for the transfer then an intermediary bank took another 20 dollar charge - and the final exchange rate was not particuarly competitive. The transfer should have been overnight and ended up taking 14 days - this is dealing with big name banks.
For any UK readers - I strongly recommend moneycorp look them up on the net -
I have used them from the UK worldwide and they are excellent. Unfortunately they do not work in the USA. Regarding Xoom there customer support is spread out between Dominican Republic and the Philippines- both countries known for high crime.
DONT USE XOOM - No way am I going to give them my bank account details
 18th of Feb, 2010 by   Solmate 0 Votes
Unfortunately I did not read your site before becoming involved with these crooks. Approximately 7 weeks ago I began a transaction that as of this moment has still not been completed. It involves over $4500 usd. The representatives of the company are all either incompetent or liars and I tend towards dual diagnoses. They are a constant put you off and not answer questions group of jerks who do nothing but get my blood pressure up. I have filed for a termination of the transactions and a full refund and have so far gotten no where. These folks make the BBB look stupid by giving them an A+ rating given all the complaints that the BBB has received. I may get on the "the BBB is a joke" platform very shortly if something doesn't happen. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU DO ANY BUSINESS WITH XOOM.COM unless you are prepared to lose all your money.
 30th of May, 2010 by   dontGETscam2 0 Votes
IT IS A SCAM!!! DO NOT USE THIS SITE! JUST A SCAM
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   MN2010 0 Votes
I appreciate the information but do NOT appreciate the foul language being used in the comments.

MN2010
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   MN2010 0 Votes
I appreciate the information but do NOT appreciate the foul language used in some of the comments. Does that not get cleaned up before being published?
 4th of Jul, 2010 by   keepitreal 0 Votes
What's the big deal about foul language? allow people to vent their annoyance; if you were the one who had lost such an amount of money I am sure you will not be blessing the crooks!
 31st of Jul, 2010 by   bambi nee 0 Votes
I've been using western union eversince. since i find xoom.com "cheaper" as it may on d first glance, i planned to send money just today. But I'm about to go to their site when this blog appeared on the list of my search! Thank you so much for the information. This helped !

Vegas Vacation Scam