logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
isharedmedia.com
I couldn’t browse my video and moderators ignored me
2. (2 mins ago)
UK National Mobile Draw 2014
Antony wanyama oduol
5. (21 mins ago)
ORANGE TELECOMMUNICATION PVT LTD
winning one million great pouds

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted: 2011-03-25 by    Rustyfam

double billing

Xcel Energy
Colorado
We received three disconnect notices from Xcel in one month. The first was for $168, due the 2nd of the month. We paid it. The second notice for the same amount, $168 was due the 23rd of the same month. We paid that as well. Both times we called to make payment arrangements and was told BOTH times that we had to pay them or would be disconnected. Now we get another disconnect notice for $200 due the 4th of this next month..next week. I called to find out why so many disconnect bills and what is the total we owe. I was told by customer service rep that the first bill was just a "warning", not a disconnect notice and it should say that on the notice. It does not. She said we only owed $168 ONCE, and we paid it twice. The notices are IDENTICAL. We spoke directly to reps and they said we had to pay BOTH. This is extremely misleading. And with the $200 disconnect notice, which is more than we actually owe ($180) the rep told me today that we still had to pay that full amount of the disconnect or they would shut us off. I asked why, since it was more than what we owed...and she said because the remainder was overdue. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she told me they didn't have any available there, that I had to put in some special request and they would call me back. This company is a JOKE! And a monopoly. We have no other option for our utility needs.
Comments United States Utility Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

New American Dream: Rent, Not Own?

Latest Groups