logo

Fake Passport Websites
Scam or Real?
2. (12 mins ago)
Carports.com
Do not deal with these people
3. (20 mins ago)

Posted:    Austin

King size scam

Wyotech
wyotech.edu
I graduated from wyotech on 12-19-08. I took the collision/refinishing program with chassis fab. I definately agree with everyone else...the recruiters don't have a f**king clue what the he// they are talking about. They are all paid to say everything they tell you. There job is to make wyotech look good. The program I went thru used I-car as there curriculum. What a f**king joke! You pay all that money ( about $9, 000 a class/3months) and don't get the I-car points or certifications after sitting through the class. It all costs extra. I just recently got a job and my employer paid for me to sit through an I-car class. It cost $85 and it was the exact same in every way that it was at wyotech...except this time I got the points. Now I find out that because I didn't purchase any of the cd's while I was at school, I am no longer eligible to get certs. 40 individual classes down the f**king drain. As far as I'm concerned I am I-car certified in 40 things because I paid to take the tests thru my tuition and passed them all. But NOOOOOOOOO. They gotta build up the hype and tell you what you wanna hear to get you there and then BAM...you all of a sudden paid 30g's for a 9month janitorial program. Oh yes...they have you doing sooooo much cleaning and bulls**t like that. They treat you like you are a f**king child.

I have soooooooo many issues with this school, I won't even try to explain my whole 9mnth experience with that place. It's a f**king joke. PLEASE take my advice...take your 30 grand that you are about to spend on this school and go buy yourself a descent computer with internet and all the tools and materials you need and just start building s**t. You'd be surprised how fast you can teach yourself something with a little bit of common sense and the internet. After it's all said and done you will own all those tools for future use instead of spending 30 grand for nothing.

Don't Go To Wyotech.
Comments United States Schools
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Mar, 2009 by   redstardriftar 0 Votes

They suck - Wyotech

Everything they said to get me to sign up was a bunch of bs.
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   recruiter -1 Votes
I posted for a career with W and discovered that the recruiters were very much interested in only enrolling students and not the integrity of its comapny & well-being of it's students... I thanked the sales manager for not hiring me... If you are looking for a reputable tech school, then Wyotech is not it. I wish everyone well.
 25th of Apr, 2009 by   recruiter -1 Votes
read above
 16th of Sep, 2009 by   fuc%$^^& wyotech -1 Votes
WyoTech is 100% bullshit. Its a big waste of time and money. I didn't learn all that much for what I paid for. The instructors are lazy and, it seems as though they don't want to teach. My instructor ran underground Transmission repair business.He was always working on his Transmissions instead of teaching the students. The Diesel class I was in was 95% lab.How can you learn anything if you are always in the the lab.I had a few job interviews at the car dealerships and, they rejected me because I went to WYOTECH!!! He Said " I am going to put your resume on the bottom because, I have UTI students to interview first. we don"t hire Wyotech students" Don't go to this school!!!
 29th of Nov, 2009 by   Yo-Yo +2 Votes
Sorry you all went to the "lame" WyoTech. I went to the "cool" WyoTech and learned sooo much. I did not go through Chassis Fab though, so I have no valid opinion on that course. I took ASM and Diesel Core with Advanced Diesel. Shop time was about 37%, with the rest (63%) being class lecture. I am sorry that you had to attend class for 95% of the time there. That would get boring. Oh, and if you failed to learn anything during class lecture than you are already a very smart person, and I envy you. (it is kind'a cool though, isn't it, to ask the instructer a Q that he can't answer, then you go home and reseach till you find it and bring the answer to your instructer. You must have done alot of that). Your grades must have been exemplary at the course end. It is a shame that there are some companies out there that have only seen the grads from WyoTech that came to school and didn't give it 100% effort, that spent their time drinking and partying enstead of studing and expanding their KSA's (Knowledge, Skills, Ability). It does seem that there are a "click" of people that go through school there that have a negitive attitude and seem to carry it with them into the career field that makes employers look down on people like you and me that really care about this industry and are willing to work any way we can to improve it. Seriously, I wish you the best of luck in the future in securing a career in the industry that you love so much. And hopfully people like you and I can slowly show employies that most of us "Tecker" grads are awesome technicians that maintain a possitive outlook when things get challenging, and that we have a passion for this industry.
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   WillieB66 0 Votes
im attending wyotech in blairsville now and im half way thru refinishing. at first i liked it but im having more second thoughts every day. ive thought about it and ive spent easily 50 to 60 hours just cleaning the shop. i was suprised to hear that there was no real certification for sitting through these classes all day. its true that in the shop ive done just about everything i would need to do to pass icar tests but now that im a broke college student i cant spend the extra money to get certified. they want you to pay extra for certification even after youi sit in class for 8 hours a day listening to the instructor lecture at the podium. id like to stress that these instructors are technitions that most likely teach because they are sick of the job we're getting into. most know what they are talking about in the shop but have no idea how to teach a class. i just hope this pays off because right now it feels like im paying all this money to go to a full time job everyday without pay, all while living in this tiny dorm room where im treated like a child by the landlords. if you do decide to go to wyotech you need to find private housing.
 26th of Mar, 2010 by   mr shriver +1 Votes
I have 2 friends that attend the long beach wyotech in ca. and Ive visited them..they love it there. Its a beautiful building and the electrical and hvac classes seem awesome. maybe you all just sucked in high school and tried community college..then realized you couldn't handle the easy bs that's thrown at you... so while you were at home being a dead beat..you found a commercial between Jerry springer or judge Joe brown..that made you believe in your self and that you could do it! so you either begged your parents to co sign.. or tried your self being over 24.. knowing that you've never finished anything you've ever started..but you figure your older now and times have changed and for some reason you get the erge to just say fuck it im gunna go there i can do it.. until you realize you actually have to try..meaning do the work and study..which most people don't do..which is why the majority of people don't succeed or wind up knocking up a fat girl and winding up with a combined income of 40gs.."if your lucky" but its ok.. you gotta understand that school isn't for everybody... even if its hands on.. understand that the general population"world wide" are morons..if you'd like to have an example just go to the mall during Christmas or better yet hop on the freeway and observe traffic. so please understand its not the school its self its the individual. you might just be one of those morons i am talking about. please do not take offense to this.. just know that there are career choices still available for you. thats how walmart and other chain company's and large business's stay afloat. anyways i truly hope you got something out of this.
the best of luck!
 24th of May, 2010 by   Wyotech Mom +1 Votes
Just a few words from a mom of a Wyotech gradudate.

My son attended Wyotech in Laramie, Wyoming from October 2007 to October 2008. He is now employed as a diesel mechanic at a coal mine in Wyoming. He was hired during one of the job fairs that Wyotech holds for their students every 3 months. My son is 21 years old and made $72, 000 last year. He could not be any happier with his choice of a school or his job!

So, as you see, your educational experience is mostly what you make of it.
 10th of Jul, 2010 by   Mad About Wyotech -1 Votes
My husband as well as thousands of other have had horrible experiences with this school. More people have had bad experiences than good, which I think says a lot. I'm wondering if anyone has thought about a class action suit against the school for wasting everyones money. I honestly think it would be an amazing way to shut them down. They have stolen over 30 thousands dollars from my husband and I. We paid them with his initial school loan and then they took it upon themselves to take out loans in his name without our permission.. Has anyone else had this happened? We didn't know until we did a credit check and we saw the loans in the report.
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   wyowhat? +2 Votes
I graduated from the electrical technology program in Long Beach. I truly feel it was the worst mistake of my life to attend that school. But it was my mistake for not doing any research and jumping into it. I worked hard got all A's and perfect attendance, even after I realized I was misled by the recruiter and you only get a worthless DIPLOMA!!!, and none of your credits transfer to a real college, and the majority of the teachers were terrible, lazy and indiferent, and I could go on and on. I can't get back the nine months or $19, 000 I invested, but I would like to advise everyone DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL you will regret it. I am now doing what I should have done in the first place and going to a real community college and transfering to CSULB next year. And my real education will be less expensive than Wyotech.
 1st of Aug, 2010 by   Marilou964 0 Votes
If you have complaints about this school you should also post them with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). According to the BBB this is a top rated school. This school has an "A" Rating. thank you for your comments. I will not enroll send my son to this school. He is looking for a vocation/ trade school for Electrician.
 4th of Sep, 2010 by   keyboy 0 Votes
I was a recruiter at Wyotech. It's a good school, but Diesel is the way to go.
The wage is much better coming out of school, and you will have a trade
that can be applied in a wide cross section of industries.
Don't let the recruiters steer you into anything other than your dream program. If you want Diesel, then hold firm on that. Don't let them talk you into something else. What can happen is this. Diesel classes fill up quickly.
A Diesel core with Advanced Diesel is very hot right now. The classes can close, and then the recruiter might try to stick you in an Automotive class with Trim and Upolstery, or Street Rod. Some of those classes don't fill as quickly, and seats need to be filled. The recruiter is under substantial pressure to meet quota. Therefore, they might try to get you to enroll in a program that is open, just to keep thier numbers looking good. Regardless, stick to your guns and wait until the class opens again. Don't sign up just to satify a greedy recruiter. Seriously, most of the recruiters want to help. If they seem pushy, it's not their fault. Again, the management is riding them hard to gain the enrollment.
 9th of Sep, 2010 by   63nova 0 Votes
I attended Wyotech in Laramie, in 2004 to 2006 and took the automotive, ASM, Street rod and Custom Fab, and Chassis Fab classes. I agree that the auto basics class could get a little more brand specific and a little more in depth, but i did learn alot, especially in my elective classes. There is a "click" of people that attend this school that carry a very negative attitude and they do believe that sitting through class is a waste of time because they already have all the answers. This are usually the guys with shitty grades and the ones that show up to class drunk. And all this complaining about having to clean the shop is kinda funny also, because alot of dealerships make their techs keep their stalls clean to keep a good image with their customers. Also I chose to clean the $30, 000 worth of tools I have, no one even has to ask me to, weird huh? I work for a reputable chevy dealer and make a pretty good living, and having Wyotech on my resume was a very big part of getting my job. Some people need to stop b!tching and start looking at life in a "glass is half full" kinda way. Its always easier to find something negative to say about someone or something.
 3rd of Oct, 2010 by   WOLFIE_1988 +1 Votes
I am currently attending Wyotech in Blairsville, PA and Its all bullshit and a waste of money. I am in the ASM class currently and going over to diesel next phase. The big issue I have with the school is there attendance policy which I wasn't told anything about like half the other bull shit my recruiter didn't tell me about. I was told back in march 2010, by a wyotech recruiter who came to my National Guard unit, that wyotech was military friendly and that the school would work with us when we had drill weekends, Annual Training, State Active duty, Federal Active Duty, SRPs, and other military duties arise. Well I got up here in late june and it is completely 180 dregrees from what that dumb ass fucking recruiter was telling us. I got a letter from my unit to give to the school stating That I had a muta 6 drill weekend coming up this month(Oct 2010) for the range. I gave that to my ASM Coordinator and hes like well do you want out of it. I told him Fuck no I dont want out of it you fucking idiot. They have this attendance policy that states you can not miss more than 25 hours per phase and a phase is 6 weeks. Well if I am called up for duty and these people start docking me hours because of military duty I am going to hit that 25 hours relatively quick and be suspended for 6 months due to attendance suspension. All the school cares about is making money by taking your money. they fuck up your financial aid, youll live in this little shit town where theres nothing to do and everyone in that town hate "techers", theyll tell you that the advanced associates transfers (yeah to only one other school, University of pheniox), they treat you like a child rather than an adult, now theyre trying to double the size of the student body and fill classes to the brink, without building new facilities because they want your money. DONT BOTHER COMING TO THIS SCHOOL, IT IS A WASTE OF YOUR VALUABLE TIME, TAKE YOUR $30, 000 PLUS AND SPEND IT SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE THIS SCHOOL WILL RIP YOU OFF.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   J FILER 0 Votes
i to went to wyotech; for their motorcycle technology program in daytona same thing the recruiter told me that i would get beable to get factory certs and dyno certified all to familliar a story only they failed me on the day i was supposed to graduate with more than passing grades . becuase they decided to enforce a new policy that takes a whole day away from me finishing what would have taken a couple of hours to have finished all of my tasks . however on that same day they allowed 5 or 6 other students finish their tasks so that they could pass and or graduate mean while they are telling my even after i went and talked to all the students and some teacher that where finishing their work to pass the staff proceeds to lie to my face that those students where not working on anything related to school work . and this is coming from kenny carter a lying sack of corprate waste who just happens to be the head of education. and also on this same day confronted the president of that wyotech campus about the situation and he told me he would look into it the next day.needless to say nothing happened . so i took the next twoo days off since they were starting me over with my time cooled offf a little bit went back to with draw, talk with kenny again and he talked me into staying for the rest of the day so i wouldnot time out . well the following day i could not shake my outrage at the situation. so i proceeded to withdrawl packed up and headed home a whole nother state away a poorer person with nothing to show not even one cert . well i proceed to send a complaint letter to the corperate office in california their responce to my complaint letter was an un itemized bill for 3000 dollars ??? that was their responce to my complaint letter that i sent certified mail so they could not say that they did not receive my letter. and almost right after that they sent it to collections awsome they are a scam and anyone who has attended needs to get to gether and sue them for miss representation and falsely leading us the consummer into beleiving and not delivering that they are a top notch school of higher learning and taking grant money from us and the government . any way long winded but true ; go to mmi or itt tech any where but wyotech
 30th of Nov, 2010 by   mk2dubbin 0 Votes
Im currently attending wyotech in West Sacramento, CA... let me start by saying hahaha what a joke this place is, the instructors are paid to talk the talk but in all reality someone with decent tools can do a better job than them, for example (i have done body work most my life) i would mess up on small details to see if they would catch it or just pass the work on... turns out that they do not give a damn if you pass or fail, as all the work that i got passed i purposly messed up on and got a wow good job have you done this before? haha i dont know about the automotive program but as far as there collision program... im transfering out. i guess if you dont know a single thing about a car maybe its a good start for someone to learn how to do average body work... but if you wanted to excel and become the best... dont go to wyotech, as a matter of fact i have talked to a couple of local shops... they will not hire wyotech students or grads due to cocky assholes who think they know everything coming out of the school... look into it a little more wyotech is owned by corinthian colleges its about the money all that everyone is there for is there paycheck so if you pass or fail, wether or not you make it in the industry will not matter to them, because they are getting a paycheck.
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   Mr. Goodwrench JR. 0 Votes
Wow, I read these stories and wonder if there is a different school named Wyotech. I whent there in 2007-08 in West Sacramento. I graduated with a AS degree from the ASM program, and it is true that you cannot go to a UC with the credits, but everyone told me that all along the way. I also took Advanced Automotive Diagnostics and after I graduated I took and passed my SMOG license exam. The instructors are all SMOG techs and share real world experience every day. They had four SMOG machines and I think I did like 40 smogs in school. When I did my very first SMOG it was just like the instructors showed me. I have a great job and making $22.00 an hour now. If you follow the rules you get treated like an adult, The students that get treated like children are the one who act like children! I only had one time when I lost points and had perfect attendance. I enjoyed WyoTech. I am sorry you did not.
 4th of Dec, 2010 by   JC103 0 Votes
im thinking about going 2 wytoech in wyoming for automotive tec n chassis fab. and mayb also the ams. first i heard good thing about it now i been hearing bad things. so idk what 2 do now? any1 have advice for me??
 6th of Dec, 2010 by   AJMULLER 0 Votes
DO NOT GO TO WYOTECH PERIOD! the teachers dont even have teaching degrees, yea maybe they know thier shit but they have no way to get it across to us. The attendance policy is bull shit the uniforms are bull shit, the coordinators and teachers are all bullshit. they litterally treat every one as if they are children. that includes the people in here that happen to be in their late twentys or older some even older that a couple of the instuctors. they do nothing to improve thier facility but they take your money no problem. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS FUCK WYOTECH AND EVERY ONE IN IT!
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   ricodel82 0 Votes
I am currently attending Wyotech Daytona in their Marine program and i love it.I came in the program not knowing anything much about turning a wrench and the very first day we where in the lab taking apart a 3.0 l 4Cylinder inboard engine.I can see how alot of people have all of these negative reviews because i see it everyday.Sorry guys but its time to let go of Mommys !i!!ies and grow up.I see guys like you that cant make it threw the program because they dont take it as serious as they should.They think that somebodys going to hold there hand and just give them a degree for showing up.Well let me say that im happy that you guys didnt make it threw the program and couldnt get jobs because that just gets rid of all the crappy techs that do graduate.Granted if your not serious about it and dont give it 120 percent than i suggest you do not enroll.Anyways like the guy before said any college or technical school is going to be what you make of it.You do not see everybody that goes to community college getting jobs on what they studied.So if its something that you think youre passionate about then do it, and let the experience speak for itself.

3 Ways to Clean Up Your Credit History