logo

Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

www.DRI*DigitalRiver.com, California Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent charges!

www.DRI*DigitalRiver.com Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Beatrice

Fraudulent charges!

California
www.DRI*DigitalRiver.com
I was recently informed that my Greendot card was used to purchase item i know nothing about. I don't even know what items were purchased. Greendot is telling me i need to write them a letter, why is there not a 800 number to call so I can get this settled quickly.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More www.DRI*DigitalRiver.com complaints
www.DRI*DigitalRiver.com - Fraudulent Caharges

Comments

6th of Mar, 2008 by   Allison 0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me. I found a $39.99 charge on my card from the same "company".
 6th of Mar, 2008 by   Nicole 0 Votes
Today I also found a fraudulent charge from DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM today, it was for $44.95. I definitely did not order anything from these people and I have reiterate how shady it is that there is no telephone number or email address available for this group.
 11th of Mar, 2008 by   Bigsef77 -1 Votes
I have received a fradulent $44.95 charge from: DRI*digitalriver.com. My online bank account does NOT have any phone # to contact this supposed "company". I am very angry & this seems like a pile of crap...
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   Krista -1 Votes
I recently today checked my statement online and i have this charge from DRI*DigitalRiver.com for $44.95 i immediately called my bank to dispute the charge and they said they couldnt do anything about it until after the charge went through tomorrow. When it went through i would have to get the number and dispute it with them and if they didnt reimburse me then i would be able to dispute it through the bank. I thought the best thing to do right off hand was the change my debit/credit card and pin and such so this wouldnt happen again. The bank allowed me to do so. I told them about these postings online and what they said about not having a phone number and they replied all charge as such need phone numbers and there would be one i replied well what if there wasnt and they continued with the same response..
Has anyone had any resolution with such did anybody get reimbursed
 27th of Mar, 2008 by   Ora Wolf -1 Votes
I have 2 charges from DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM
does anyone know what or who they are?
 1st of Apr, 2008 by   Sonja -1 Votes
The same thing happend to me. There was a charge of $49.99 Does that mean that they can keep charging my bank card when ever they want to. I am going to change my bank account and pin #. I called by bank and they are going to do an investigation.
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   Karan -1 Votes
How do I get in contact with DRIDigitalRiver.com? They have charged me with something I did not order or download. Help anyone?
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   Christine -1 Votes
I just got a charge on my credit card for DRI*DIGITALRIVER.COM for $239.95! I think this company has serious probelms with using other peoples credit cards. It looks like this happens a lot. Luckily my credit card will reimburse me for this charge.
 2nd of Apr, 2008 by   Cat +1 Votes
I just received a charge from the same company and called my bank about it. Turns out it was actually a charge from Symantec for my Norton Anti-Virus renewal. If any of you have your the same program, it may be set up on an auto-renew plan. Digitalriver is likely just a card processing-middle man. Double check with your bank to see where the charge actually roots from!
 4th of Apr, 2008 by   Wayne Mumma +1 Votes
I just got charged $39.95 on my Wachovia bank card, never ordered anything from this company. I am contacting my bank now...I canceled my account with Symantec and have not used Norton Anti-virus for over 1 year ago.
 5th of Apr, 2008 by   Laxman 0 Votes
Today my bank showed an transaction from "dri.digitalriver.c my ord.com" for 79.98 $ and thinking what action can taken or how to know who initiated the tracsction?
 7th of Apr, 2008 by   joe -1 Votes
Just happened to me. Some kind of phishing scam I think. I contacted my bank and they are going to assist me in handling this.
 14th of Apr, 2008 by   PANSEY +1 Votes
I just had a charge from Dri*digitalriver.com and didn't know what it was. Well it was a legitiment charge as it was for software I purchased online from H&R block to do some back taxes. The site I used was taxcut.com. When I went to research my order from HR block I found that this is the software they or the company they use to process the order.
Hope this helps
 24th of Apr, 2008 by   Lilly -1 Votes
Same thing just happened to me. A charge of $49.99 showed up on my bank account, it was from DRI Digital river.com They have no e-mail or 800# but I eventually found a # to reach them.They told me the charge was for virus protection and refered me to a different company who knows nothing about this transaction.
I had to cancel my bank card and change my account info.
 1st of May, 2008 by   angry 0 Votes
I *just* woke up this morning to a charge from them for 39.99. I don't have Norton AV nor have I ever ordered any tax software. Their charge didn't list a # and their website only allows you to e-mail them through their online form, so through some google magic I was able to find this # for them: 1(952)253-1234
I am currently on hold to speak with a customer service rep and have been on hold for about 20 minutes. I have yet to contact my bank since I'm going to try to resolve this through them first, but from past experiences with fraudulent charges my bank has always handled these things properly and am confident they will reimburse me if this company is in any way uncooperative.
 2nd of May, 2008 by   Deb -1 Votes
same thing here. I'm out working and some bastard is out on a shopping spree on my money. total was 870.24. I woke up early that morning and checked my account balance-said there was a hold for that amount-canceled the card -hopefully it did not go through-I tell my kids to invent a security program for this damn internet and out smart these bastards!!!
 27th of May, 2008 by   Michael DiSotto -1 Votes
I am having the same issue. Who are these people
 27th of May, 2008 by   Jarrod R 0 Votes
I freaked out about a charge. Seeing one of these posts reminded me that I had made a purchase from Symantec. In the confirmation e-mail it says this at the bottom:

"Symantec Store Customer Service is provided by Symantec. Any refunds, as applicable, will be processed by Digital River. All physical products (e.g. boxed shipping products) will be shipped by Digital River, Inc. Digital River is the authorized e-commerce merchant for the Symantec Store."

From the DigitalRiver.com company information page:

"More than 40, 000 companies...have selected Digital River as their e-commerce partner, including Adobe, Canon Europa, Gateway, H&R Block, Circuit City, CompUSA, Microsoft, Symantec and Targus."

So if you have made any online purchases in the last few days or weeks it could have gone through Digital River.
 2nd of Jun, 2008 by   Federica Lanier 0 Votes
I was charged $ 33.98. It was a non authorized/non requested renewal of anti virus software. They said it was "automatic".
I asked for refund.
 12th of Jun, 2008 by   anon +1 Votes
I noticed a $49.99 charge pending on my bank account yesterday, and like many people above, my bank was unable to give me more detailed information. I have been receiving emails regarding the expiration of my CA Internet Security Suite, so I called them at 877-694-8509 and it turns out that I was set up for auto-renewal. They cancelled the existing order and processed a refund without any hassle.

Hope this helps!