Worldwinner

Posted:

Awful fraud

WorldWinner
worldwinner.com
I know part of this is my fault for being so stupid but I lost a total of $43, 141.00 in money last year. The worst part is I have to claim $21, 697.00 in other income because they file a 1099 Misc income form to the IRS. This site is a total rip-off. It should be classified as gambling. When you lose they are so quick to send you an email or something else on your page and say something to the effect 'sorry you didn't win but get back in there and try again.' I could go for several days and do nothing but win, win, win. Then when they have you hooked for a bit you start going for the bigger prizes and sure enough you lose all of it. Then you try to regain some of your losses only to repeat the cycle over and over. I could go on and on but you get the point I'm sure.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Gambling Games
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

19th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
Certainly there are better, more reputable skill game sites than Worldwinner.com
one that comes to mind is King.com, there is also Skilladdiction.com, and a host of others.

i'm a member of WW, but it's a sinking ship.
tried voicing my opinions on their "discussion forum" and was blocked lol
saved up "player rewards" points (6 months worth) for a $200 Home Depot gift card, they never sent it!...i contacted them, stated my address on file was correct, the reply i got was "it was probably lost in the mail, we can send another one"...needless to say it was never received either.

i see alot of complaints and i totally agree with most of them, but keep in mind - NO ONE is making you play there!

i jumped as a full-time player from WW to King.com in 2006, the ratio of withdrawing $600 a year at WW, vs. $600+/MO. at King was all it took and i never looked back.

King.com is a UK based site, open to most countries (including USA)

Some of the PRO's that made it easy to switch:

> Very fair ranking

> Tax-Free Money - Because King.com is a UK Based Site, they do NOT report to the IRS = more money in your pocket!
nor should they, i don't report money i make selling on Ebay to the IRS, or at yardsales, or when selling items on Craigslist, or in the newspaper...all forms for "income"

> 65% More games - King adds a new game every 60-90 days on average.

> Smaller "rake" - the amount of money they keep from your cash entry fee = more money in the tournament pot = more money in your pocket.

having been a member of both sites for over 6 years, it's plain to see... Worldwinner.com would rather pay out MORE money to less people in a tournament, and King.com would rather pay out a smaller amount of money to a larger amount of people...so unless your playing with blindfolds on, your bound to win a decent amount...even if it is your entry fee back.

King use to host games such as Bejeweled, Zuma, Tetris, etc., but they decided against paying for the licence to carry those games...once again keeping more money in your pocket.
the games are very similar however, "Candy Crush" is the knock-off to Bejeweled, "Hoop-De-Loop" is the knock-off to Zuma, "Startris" is the knock-off to Tetris, and so on.

TIP - most "skill" based sites only allow 1 gaming ID per household, BUT if your a good enough player, and have some friends / family / co-workers / etc. who don't mind opening up an account in THEIR name, on THEIR computer (different IP address), with as little as a $10 deposit...you can easily play FOR THEM, agreeing on 50-60-70% or MORE of the money you win while they pocket the rest...for doing nothing more than simply opening up an account!
Naturally the naysayers will consider this a form of "cheating", but that's only because you thought of it before they did.
you can let them know, NOWHERE in any of the skill sites rules & reg's does it rule against you playing for someone else on their account, so there's your edge!

...there's a good chance i would have lost my house in 2007 if it weren't for good acquaintances...and that money continues to trickle in to this day based on my own personal skills (yours may vary), but HEY, i can't give away all my secrets.
so yea, if your unhappy...begin again somewhere else, it will take up less time and aggravation vs. bitching about rules they will never change, don't waste your time trying your hand at amateur investigating, and opening up lawsuits, that's money sure to never be recovered...even the people qualified to do those things know it's a dead end.

the only way to bring down these fraudulent companies (such as Worldwinner), is to do the same thing they are doing to it's members, hit them where it hurts - in their pocketbook..by JUMPING SHIP!

- all the best
 9th of Nov, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I now only play the freebie games. I've never lost much of anything to the games, but I'm glad other people have noticed what I have noticed. I would play freebies at midnight until I earned $5. Then I would play and win and win. Once I hit around $15 I would inexplicably start to lose every game. I realized what might have been happening is that when you win too many games they pit you against people in a much higher skill bracket. It happens every time. Now I only play for free.
 9th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
Worldwinner is semi-legit, but having been a player there, I can say the every single word written on worldwinnersucks dot com is accurate. The scam is that they have it rigged so you keep playing over and over and when all is said and done, you only lose. And what the OP said about them always sending stupid messages about you been outscored to get you to play again, that is 100% true. I left WW and now play on royalgames, it is way better.
 19th of Jan, 2014 by    0 Votes
If anyone thinks that an online game site is here to give you money then you shouldn't have internet access. The place is designed to get your money. What's so hard to believe about that? Some people claim to win, but over time you will all be losers. Quit now before you lose the farm.
 28th of Jan, 2014 by    +1 Votes
I agree with a lot of what the other people have said. I'm not great at some of the games, but some of the scores have to be nearly impossible in the time allowed to finish the games. I also play token games, I had over 2 million tokens in January of this year, I now have just over 1 million... am I really that bad at my game?? I don't think so. Ergo my name, cantwin4losing.
To comment on the credit card/pay pal posts, they will automatically allow the money to go through because the CC is there for backup if the pay pal money does not allow the deposit.
 28th of Jan, 2014 by    +1 Votes
Does worldwinner get to see these comments at any time?? Surely something can be done.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by    0 Votes
Worldwinner is definately a scam. They use bots to beat your scores and fix certain games like solataire rush where they make it impossible for you to win. They promote fair gaming but give people different puzzles, that's fair? How is it fair when you enter they same tournament multiple times you get different puzzles? I have lost thousands on their site because I'm a compulsive gambler. I don't understand why a site like theirs is allowed to operate when it's a gambling site and they operate in the U.S. They are very smart how they operate, they offer you reward points and freerolls.STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
 30th of Mar, 2014 by    0 Votes
I completely agree I have been saying world winner is a rip off too. They ripped me off once not by much I think it was about $6.00 when I e-mailed them they said it was paid to me and it wasn't. But, anyway I am pretty good at some of these games and a lot of them do have
people that score nearly impossible scores. And, a lot of times if you pay attention it is almost always the same people that win the games I e-mailed them about that too, and the next day I won a tournament I won like $27 or something like that I kept winning for a few days and then right back to losing. They also match you up with people that there is no possible way of beating. Total rip off. I think we should try to file a lawsuit.
 22nd of Apr, 2014 by    +2 Votes
I have played for about 7 years, and have seen a pattern that made me close my account. I had originally played the small money games, but recently started playing for bigger amounts. I know it sounds crazy, but it seemed so apparent that someone else was controlling the cursor, and when I'd be on a roll, the cursor would automatically swing to the left or right and it was as though I had no control over it. It's like when you call customer service for a computer repair and they can get into your computer and then move the cursor...honestly, that's what it felt like. I had gotten so close to winning some high dollar games, and it was always during these times that the cursor would just jump. It was not a problem I had with my computer at any other time. I have no doubt that Worldwinner will be exposed at some point.
 25th of Apr, 2014 by    0 Votes
I have been playing off and on for a few years. Recently.. I lost too much money. My fault of course for going.. but I was trying to make my money back only to realize that could never happen. Once you start winning... they pair you with players with scores I have never seen before! I once won on a Bookworm free play.. I could never touch the scores now.. they are so high! I am a pretty good Solitaire Rush player however there is no way I can score 1810 and over! My highest was 1802 and I honestly am not sure how i even did that! I am not sure what is going on but something is not right. I just emailed them and asked them to close my account, I am way out of my league apparently!
 15th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
WW is an awful site. Everything about it just stinks from the design and user interface on down. I found Gambit.com a few months ago and it's a great site with only a 2% rake on most games! And they give half of their rake back to the players in drawings every week. The community is awesome, chat room, games are fair, and they also release new games every month or two. They don't have many action games though...mostly turn based classic/casual games. Highly recommend the site, although they use bitcoin, not USD.
 29th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I'm not here to cause a ruckus, I am here to warn others because with today's economy, those of us who work hard for our $$$$$ deserve to be treated in a fair and legitimate manner. I signed up to world winner about 2 weeks ago. I made sure to thoroughly review all disclosure and agreement policies upon signing up and I legitimately met all criteria so I went forward with opening an account. I added personal credit cards to make deposits and for the first week I only had 2 tournaments available for Solitaire Rush and other games. One tournament you could win $100, the other $1500 so I played those tournaments for about a week and kept winning good prizes. The second week when I logged in suddenly there were about 20 tournaments for Solitaire Rush ranging from practice games to $3, 000 tournaments and so on. I deposited money 4 times and continued partaking in all of the different tournaments and I was doing quite well winning. Suddenly today I log in and I get that infamout "Fraud and Fairness your account has been closed, please contact fairness@worldwinner.com" Absolutely NO explanation as to why my account has been closed. No email, nothing! Nothing at all about sending me any money that was in my World Winner account. No refunds, NOTHING! I emailed them and told them they have 24 hours to refund any and all money be it deposits and winnings/money remaining in my account via PayPal. I said if they do not abide be it WorldWInner or their subsidiaries, I am contacting police to file a fraud/theft report. I told them if there were some "issue" in violation of their policies when I opened my account, they should have notified me within the first 24 hours and I could have corrected the issue or they could have closed my account before I made ANY deposits. But no, instead they wait 2 weeks and once I have a large money balance in winnings, they unexpectedly close my account after gaining my personal credit card numbers etc. Why has nobody filed a class action lawsuit against them!? I agree that some "players/cheaters" had UNREAL high scores. Been playing games online a lot of years and Mahjong Dimensions for example you'd be lucky to get around 150, 000 - 500, 000 but no some players/cheaters had more than 1, 000, 000 points as their scores and this is absolutely impossible, try it for yourself and you will see getting 1, 000, 000 or more is absolutely impossible! I honestly think that every one of us who have been scammed, defrauded and stolen from as part of signing up to www.worldwinner.com should contact police and file fraud/theft charges if not at least reports. If World Winner does close a players account it is their duty to provide a reasonable and legit explanation as to why they are closing the account. They cannot just take your winnings, personal info, etc and lock you out of your account. Is that not what identity thieves do!!?? As well, you couldn't walk to your neighbours house and take their cash and credit cards, go home and lock your door and expect your neighbor to not want their money back and a DAMN GOOD explanation! I really personally feel it's time we all involve the police and Better Business Bureau and any other Internet Watchdog to shut down this www.worldwinner.com SCAM ONCE AND FOR ALL! The only reason World Winner is able to continue getting away with this is because we allow it by not standing up to their company and involving police/FBI
 29th of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I'd like to mention additionally in terms of high scores...If you have a good computer and a good computer mouse especially an optic mouse, you can win especially well at games like Solitaire Rush because I have personally scored many high scores sometimes 1, 844 or 1, 862 but it is very difficult. I call them "sticky cards" where you try to move Solitaire cards around but the card won't move and it takes 2-3 tries to move it costing you 2-3 seconds of tournament time. Interesting how the cards become "sticky" when you prove you're a great player who can score high. But as I mentioned in previous post Mahjong Dimensions is impossible to score 1, 000.000 or more points yet somehow players/cheaters manage to grab they outrageous scores. But the problem is Worldwinner locking people out of their accounts after receiving a players personal credit card and financial information and taking a players winnings and giving no explanation. This is truly fraud! I also apologize for any grammar and/or spelling errors in my previous post. My hands are shaking while I type as I am very aggravated about worldwinner closing my account today and taking my money.
 27th of Feb, 2015 by    0 Votes
I decided to try Worldwinner for just 5.00 and I believe they matched it so I had around 10.00 invested.

I liked the games like Word Mojo BUT here are words that were rejected due to their word games not using The Oxford English Dict. and Miriam Webster Dictionary as ref.! (please note that this happened during Cash Games and thus resulted in rejection of board set up and loss of turn!)

Dodo
Mala
Ronde
via

And this is just a few!!!

Also, the return on investment is awful. They want you to pay .80 for an entry fee and if you win you have made a whopping .30? (you win something to efect of 1.10)

I clear around 25.00 per day at royalgames.com also known as King Games. They have 5 times the amount of game selection, better graphics and better tourney fee structures.

I do not work for King games or have any affiliation with them professionally or financially (other than that I win alot there)(if you practice and aim to excel you will win there)

Something is VERY off with the Tournament matching at worldwinner and I find there methods HIGHLY suspicious.

For those of you who want to have legitimate Skill Gaming for Money, I suggest royalgames.com and SKILLZ mobile gaming.

I hope this post will help others.

STAY AWAY FROM WORLDWINNER/GSM GAMES!!!
 13th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Played on the WW cash game site for over 10 years, once was fair but slowly over the past 3+years and more recently as they have shifted their site to GSN.com it has become less fair matching and more luck. While the IRS still appears to rule them a skill game website, the Website has moved more to the luck side. Whether because there are fewer players due to deleting games and not replacing them with new games as continually promised their members or simply because their attention is to expand the GSN portion of their site.

They refuse to respond to members questions regarding failure to add the new promised games, apparent lack of fair matching on the games still available to play. And, if you repeatedly ask these questions through help link or by posting these questions on the Players Forum message board, you are suddenly banned from posting on the forum, without explanation or notification and can no longer contact Support through the help link. That is not a proper response from an accredited website especially where the player asking these questions has spent thousands and thousands of dollars entering cash games over the past 10 years. Do you agree?

Don't play here. I also question why the IRS would only approve this one skill game site as a skill game site. There have been others, far more fair IMO over the last 10+years that have had to shut down due to the IRS. I was playing these sites, they had many more fun games to play and you could choose prizes like toasters, microwaves, luggage, t.v.s instead of a cash prize when you won.
 13th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes

So the previous post regarding, can I get all my money back, isn't such a crazy question. I have actually attempted to contact them and ask for my deposits and game entries back from the time I was banned from benefits I was eligible for to the present. No response after 3 business days and doubt they will respond. therefore, as I believe this is a breach of contract/terms listed on their website I may be forced to dispute the deposits I made.

Contact Us