Ontario, Canada
Hi, was using Wordline for Long Distance for certain countries (not all are included) and heard they offered Internet & home phone. I called to inquire about fees, services and they sent me an LOA to activate the service if I was ever interested. Then got a $128 bill on my CC for home phone and Internet service. Called promptly to adivise, after a lengthy wait, was informed it was a mistake of the orig rep and would be credited amount back. Poor start for an important home phone service. Will continue to shop arround.
Complaint comments Comments (5) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful?

11th of Aug, 2011 by    0 Votes
Hello, I'm an employee in the company and wanted to reply to your comment about Worldline charging you for home phone and Internet. I believe there must have been some miss communication regarding your interest in the order. We have Canada's lowest priced Digital Home Phone & Highspeed Internet at $49.95 per month plus $5.00 essential services fee to cover CRTC costs, and regulatory fees. When you spoke with an agent they may have understood that you wanted the service. We don't charge the 128 (first and last month of service), until 10 days after your order. Yes, we also send a Letter Of Authorization because you can keep your existing phone number. The LOA allows you to transfer your telephone number to our network. Please feel free to contact us billing@worldline.ca to clear up this honest mistake. We strive to be perfect, but we are human and mistakes can happen. I hope you will let us know directly if you need anything. We are here to help out and appreciate your business.
 24th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
Worldline offers 'unlimited' longcdistance. After 4 years of good service we have been refused further service due to 'an abuse'. Truth be told there is a limit of 55 hours and we exceeded it. Which part of unlimited are they not getting? They did not correspond with us not try to explain a new limit whatsoever. What a strange cut throat way to run a business. It has left a rotten taste in my mouth. They make me feel like I have committed an abuse when they have.
 24th of Sep, 2011 by    0 Votes
I also want to add that I spent a couple of hours on the phone trying to speak to a supervisor only be cut off after 3 long attempts. The tech on the phone assured me I will never be able to use the service again. Strange way to treat long term customers.
 3rd of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I have been a client of Worldline for over 2 yrs, without notice or advising me that I have been using to much of the unlimited long distance plan, they canceled my service. It would be nice to let me know that there is a limit on a unlimited plane, I would be more than happy to use less, anyways when I asked for a refund of the last month, that I paid when I signed up, and for the month of Sept. that was charged to my credit card, I was told by the CSR "good luck and good bye". I don't really understand, at no point of my conversation I was disrespectful or even upset, I told him I didn't know there is a limit, he kept saying that I abused there service. Anyways, called back 3 times asking to speak to supervisor, still waiting for his/hers call. Very strange way to treat customers!
 19th of Oct, 2011 by    0 Votes
I live in Brampton, Ontario
i was Primus Internet customer since 2008 until recently when my friend told me to try worldline.ca homephone and internet for $60(approx.) including tax.
When i called worldline to signup the lady told me that it will be DSL phone + Internet while it came out to be VOIP phone.
Now after first 15 days of perfect "testing our worldline services phase" my internet and home phone is down from last 5 days and whenever i call Worldine tech support they give one excuse or another or put me in conference when they are speaking to BELL regarding my DSL problem so that i should get assured that they are seriously working on my problem with BELL CANADA.
I will wait for 1-2 days AND THEN I WILL BE DISCONNECTING WORLDLINE.CA AND GOING BACK TO PRIMUS. also i found out that worldline.ca and 295.ca are same thing.

now i am pretty much sure they won't give back my last month's bill that they charged in advance and going to charge another $100+tax+miscellaneous charges to get over with this everyday harassment.

will keep you guys updated what happened. (RICKIE)

Worldline Logo Worldline