logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
flippiness.com
This company wants only your money
2. (7 mins ago)
Tianshi/Tiens
Is product really working
5. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
clothing-dropship.com
They stated that no payment was provided

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Wild Tangent

Posted:    Larry49113

Wild Coins

Wild Tangent
This website was accessed through Gateway Games which was already preloaded on my new Gateway computer. I paid for what I thought was a one time purchase of a Scrabble game for $6.99 and paid through it via Paypal. Now they say I signed up for a years worth of "Wild Coins" and have started taking $6.99 a month. I disputed the charge through Paypal and was suprised that they said it was not fraudulant even though Wild Tagent had to somehow swipe my Paypal information when I paid them to now take a monthly fee out of my account without my authorization. I am contacting Paypal again and have changed my account settings there to stop any further activity. It's really sad that you can't even trust "trusted" things like Gateway, Paypal and others to protect you against fraud. It makes you not want to buy anything on-line anymore sice there's a 50-50 chance it's a fraud.
Comments United States Entertainment
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Dec, 2009 by   oilsnflowers +1 Votes
Very easy to get trapped by Wild Tangent and the wild coins packages. Not so easy to cancel. They are refusing to refund my money even though I tried to cancel twice before I was billed. I fullfilled the contract and I requested cancellation. The website would not allow me to cancel, not my fault. I emailed for help and was led around in circles by a customer service rep who didn't read my emails but kept saying I was wrong. Then accused me of not paying my bill. I copied my account and showed how they were wrong, now they won't respond.
I did enjoy the games, but this is now a problem that is taking the fun out of games.
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   marynik +1 Votes
i had the same problem. bought game for 6.99 thur paypal one time fee. getting charged every month. stopped the payment thur paypal do to the fact wild tangent wouldnt cancel. logged complaint with paypal most likely useless. this is how they scam money out of people 6.99 here 6.99 there it adds up
 12th of Dec, 2009 by   oilsnflowers 0 Votes
I tried to work with customer support for a week now and no help at all.
FYI if you try to cancel take a screenshot of the cancellation page.
For some unknown reason the automated email about my cancellation did not go through. I suspect they don't send a cancellation email. So bottom line according to the company I didn't cancel. Cancel through customer support, it works better.
 22nd of Dec, 2009 by   KnowMoney 0 Votes
Good to know as a consumer and as a Money Coach. I just bought a new Gateway laptop and enjoyed the Scrabble until it quickly ran out of free games, which they didn't mention until after the fact.
Paypal is another scam...they don't protect you like a credit card. Twice I had problems and they don't get involved in dispute resolution, so I stopped using Paypal 3 years ago. I also don't accept it as payment for my business transactions. ( http://moneylessonsforlife.com )
 23rd of Dec, 2009 by   oilsnflowers +1 Votes
I finally have given in to Wild Tangent. I decided not to waste my time and energy fighting them. I reported to the BBB and nothing is going to change.
Wild Tangent won't admit the website wasn't working so I am out a little money.
However I do hope that people read this page before they sign up for the games or the plans.
Remember to take a screenshot anytime you do business on the internet. It just my save you sometime.
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   renstar 0 Votes
I have a slightly different problem. I have subscribed for a whole years worth of coins . Yeah, I know *sucker*. These guys intentionally crash your game so that you have to use more wild coins to resume. Their rort is unfortunately supported by the likes of HP & Paypal. It came free with my new HP laptop, so I thought these guys were ligit . Serves me right for not practising my usual due diligence. *hmph*
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   RINCON +1 Votes
Right now I am on a Wild Tangent these Scum Bags took advantage of my mother and I am on a mission to stop this scam. I am latching on like a PIT BULL. Here are the names of the board of directors who should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for taking a of innocent people like my mother and the others that have gone before her. I am going to do whatever it takes to stop this insanity, and I plan on starting by writing the local media. People start googling for their emails and give them a piece of your mind. I am all for capitalism but this is ludicrous !!!
Bill Kaiser, Greylock Partners
Mike Peronto, WildTangent
Ed Fries
Hany Nada, Granite Global Ventures
 5th of Aug, 2010 by   Deitzler 0 Votes
I am having a similar problem with wildtangent. I used the game console that came on my new hp laptop and enjoyed playing some of the games. So I decided to buy the 2 month deal for 9.99. I used paypal and was charged the 9.99 (of coarse that part they can do just fine!) But I never got any coins. I tried to contact them through there email support but it said that they didn't have an account in that name (but they could sure bill me through it!) So I registered again so that I could send an email to them. I got a notice that they received my question and I would hear back in 24 hours. Of course I have yet to get a response and it has been over 24 hours. I feel like I have been scammed and if I do not hear from them soon I will dispute it with paypal and send a complaint to the BBB.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by   Angry_Creditcardholder 0 Votes
I agree, since having been stung by several credit card scams and recurring subscription charges, I decided to cancel my PayPal account. Fortunately, I did because I received a message that my subscription with WildTangent was cancelled I I wouldn't be charged again. I didn't even know I had one! Its really sad that you can't trust anybody to do the right thing and its just a sign of the times when compnies have to use sneak tricks to take your money hoping that you won't discover their charges. They obviously know what they are doing especially if they refuse to refund your monies and also cancel when you ask them too.
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   Diane marie 0 Votes
i brought widcoins game nightfall mysteries asylum conspiracy which i got also brought wild coins package +i was told 20coins were added to my account but my account says o coins, you already got your money, so where are my coins what do i need to do about this, i do not have a unlock code, i am very dissapointed, because i like playing the games, please give me an answer on how to collect my coins.
 29th of Dec, 2010 by   vegaspei@gmail.com 0 Votes
I purchased an HP laptop several months ago from Best Buy that came equipped with the Wild Tangent Program. At first I enjoyed playing the games and even signed up for short term contracts as well as have spent over 60 dollars in Wild Coins since October of 2010.
Now Wild Tangent has installed some kind of upgrade on my computer that makes me unable to access any new games, has caused my current games that I spend coins on to freeze up, and when I try to access their customer help service I am told that my account is suspended, yet I have a pending charge to come out of my account on January 1st so obviously THAT part of the account is working just fine. I am seriously disappointed in this upgrade...it has taken an enjoyable service and ruined it.
 3rd of Jan, 2011 by   Joyce Rodriguez 0 Votes
I have an hp laptop, purchased from Best Buy several months ago. Got into the Game Console, thought the Wild Coin Club (Wild Tangent) was a good deal, bought several coin as well as games and the back up discs. The powers that be all of a sudden a few weeks ago changed their program, cannot access my account, find my coins, (of which ther are quite a few), have tried to do everything I can think of, Co. tells me they have no record of my account and can do nothing until I open one, they don't tell me how to do that. Geek Squad can't even find it. I am very angry and instructing my credit card to block any further charges from this co., also repotring them to BBB if I don't get satisfaction shortly. Being a former business owner (now retired), a product is only as good as it's availability and back-up support team. They have all the info they need to get in touch with me, IF THEY'RE INTERESTED IN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.
Joyce Rodriguez, Robert Lee, TX
 6th of Jan, 2011 by   F.Tony 0 Votes
Totally agree that these guys try and scam people. I signed up for a 2 month contract, only to find out that they continued to charge me for 2 months after the contract. I have cancelled the account through their website, which requires you to create a new account if you want to dispute anything. My credit card company advised me to keep any and all emails of disputes and cancellation dates so they can refund me in the future. Their so called customer service seemed polite but WILL NOT REFUND any of the UNAUTHORIZED charges.
I'm out $19.00 but as long as this helps someone else...good!!!
 19th of Jan, 2011 by   jbarch 0 Votes
Still happening - and this thread dates back to 2009. I am currently getting charged $6.99 per month on my credit card. I noticed it coming up about nine months ago. I figured it was some mistake my children might have made. Fine - I go to the wild tangent website looking for some way to cancel. I can't sign on as a member because I have no idea what the user name is. I've tried the kids emails and other possible user names . I have tried to send a simple message to a general mailbox at what seems to be either Singapore, the UK, or the US. The web site says it no longer provides phone support.
I have gone to my bank to simply cut off the payments and they were unable to help me. I was a bit surprised at this. I am sure If I go in again I can follow through with the request. But that now means that this wild tangent group has taken about 90 bucks from me that I am sure I will never get back. Do this to to say a hundred thousand people or so and you are getting around 10 million. As it stands, it looks as though a computer is now doing all the work. Click here, credit card info there, bill here, bill there, stop when questions become intense but keep doing it elsewhere to all the new eyes it can attract. I realize this post is long, but it amazes me when I see a thread such as this dating all the way back to 2009 with the exact same problem that I am having now. Someone needs to put a stop to this.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   gramparich2 0 Votes
Wild Tangent is stealing 6.99 from me every month. My suggestion to all of you: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM WILD TANGENT!
 28th of Feb, 2011 by   Julie Porter 0 Votes
What about using a prepaid visa they they can only charge what is left on the card. When the money is gone what can they do?
 31st of Mar, 2011 by   jponeal24 0 Votes
The same thing just started happening to me. What a scam. I bought a game for $6.99, there was nothing on the screen that indicated it would be a monthly charge. I noticed the charges on my card after 2 months, and I called their number. They claimed that the monthly fee was obvious and that if I didn't notice, it was my fault. They directed me to their website and showed me a screen where it clearly showed that it was a monthly fee of $6.99, but the screen where I bought my game did not look anything like that. I am considering fighting it, but based on the comments here I'm not sure if fighting is worth the $14 they took from me.
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   Really, really 0 Votes
My games stopped working as well and their response was to have me follow 6 paragraphs of instruction to MAYBE get the games working again...if they didn't work again, they would send more instructions on how to get the games to work...unbelievable! I have a case pending with BBB...
 4th of Apr, 2011 by   Really, really 0 Votes
I've filed with BBB and have a case pending (but I have little faith in them at this point...I think they have listed 270 some odd complaints against the company, supposedly resolved, so WildTangent has an A rating!...thanks BBB for watching out for the consumer!). I stupidly got sucked in to a year contract...it started with a double billing...that they wouldn't refund--thankfully, after a couple attempts and a month later, Paypal refunded my money. Less than a month later, the games stopped working...WT response was to send 6 paragraphs of instructions that may or may not fix the problem! I started getting my money's worth complaining in their forums (to which they have a snippy little poster, Faded Glory, trolling the forums trying to make all the people who have complaints think it's their fault they are having problems)...they then banned me from the forums...so I went to BBB. Next step is to cancel my Paypal account if they don't stop billing me. Thanks for listening!
 19th of Apr, 2011 by   Deepak Tayal 0 Votes
I too have complaints for wildtangent. I purchased wild coins and they are showing in my account as well but I can not use them.. I purchased a game and unlock code is not working... SHAME on laptop manufacturers who shipped this stupid console preinstalled with my Toshiba laptop... BEWARE..!!

Do Gas Saving Devices Work?

Latest Groups