logo

Safecart
Internet Defender
2. (31 mins ago)
Taradale registry
Bad customer services from staff/ owner/manger
3. (37 mins ago)
Fubar.com
This site is one of two of the biggest "scam sites" that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with
4. (44 mins ago)

Posted: 2011-01-08 by    overworked manager

overworked managers

walgreens
Colorado
I know that the job market is low.. And yes I probably shouldn't be writing this.. However, I can not help the fact that the store managers of Walgreens do not get any compensations for putting in more time worked.. Yes I know we get the bonus once a year.. However, the company changed the fiscal year on us, so we all lost 2 months of bonus.. How does that work? We as store managers manage the store and pharmacy.. We are over all the pharmacist.. Now if the salaried pharmacist works more then 40 hours they get there "B Pay" overtime.. no questions asked.. If the store manager works 60-70 hours a weeks and asks for an extra day off.. Your pulling teeth.. We as store managers are the ones on the front line making this company money.. For the month of December..IN our district our Dm forced us all to work 29 days of December...What kind of company lets the DMs make up there own rules like that... I don't know I guess I'm just bitter in the fact the Dm doesn't have the decency to even give a "Sincere Thank YOU".. All he is worried about his million dollar house he just bought, that nobody in his district even gives a crap about.. yuuuuu.. Oh well I guess it could be worse..

Yours truely,
Overworked Manager
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Mar, 2013 by   Fedupwithwags 0 Votes
And you take it out on your employees. Here you are complaining because you have to work extra hours. At least you get a bonus. Your team members, who actually DO the work that gives you that bonus, are lucky if they get a bag of leftover Halloween candy for a Christmas bonus. Then you profess to have an open door policy, yet when a team member comes to you with a complaint, you retaliate. Managers lie, threaten, and bully because that's the Walgreens way. Forgive me for not being sympathetic, but I really am sick of store managers whining about having to "work".
 13th of Feb, 2014 by   jentile1 0 Votes
The Managers at the Walgreen's where I work do a lot of work. However, we have a bunch of lazy workers there. I work in Photo, and I am overworked because I have to make up for the incompetent people who fail to do their job. Although the managers are always busy, they don't hold the employees accountable for their own jobs, and it always falls on me. I usually feel like I'm running a marathon trying to keep up. The stress is really getting to me. I go to work nauseated every day, and leave extremely agitated. (Sometimes I even cry my way home.) I like the Managers for the most part, but I hate that they don't hold the other people accountable, Is it just easier to pawn others' work on me than to hold the other employees accountable for their work, or lack of work? And, the work just keeps piling on me! I have to stay and close the store with the manager on duty EVERY night because they don't want to deal with the lazy, incompetent employees. I work hard, I'm always on time, and I RARELY take a break because I don't have time to. But, I have to cover breaks for the front cashier, and THAT is irritating! Especially when they demand a break "NOW" and I am really busy! A lot of customers have told me they thought I was a Manager because I am always working so hard when they come in. The worst part is that I haven't gotten a raise or anything like that. The Managers thank me and praise me for my hard work, but so what! Talk is cheap! If they started holding the other employees accountable for their own duties, I wouldn't be in such a stressful mess. Sometimes I understand why some people choose to live on the street...it is probably easier than MY JOB! I'm not even complaining about having to work hard, or even helping out other employees. It just sucks that I am taken advantage of because I have good work ethics. And, because I am there to pick up the slack from other employees, they aren't held responsible for their lack of work ethics. Needless to say, I am job searching!

How to Prevent Foodborne Illness