logo

Terrible Business

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Vlasic Jalapeno Slices, New Jersey Complaints & Reviews - Found a yellow worm with black tips in the jalapeno jar.

Vlasic Jalapeno Slices Contacts & Informations

Vlasic Jalapeno Slices

Posted: 2012-06-06 by    Maria King

Found a yellow worm with black tips in the jalapeno jar.

Pinnacle Foods Group LLC
New Jersey
Phone: 1-800421-3265
vlasic.com
I had just bought the jalapeno slices from Walmart. As I was serving them in a bowl, I saw something that looked like a thick yellow worm with black tips. I took it out of the serving bowl examined it and low and behold it grossed me out.. Everybody was waiting for the jalapenos and couldnt serve them I threw them all away. This was a big jar it was 62 fl.oz. What a waste.I will never buy another jar of jalapenos with that name brand again.
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

25th of Nov, 2012 by   adge 0 Votes
I too just bought the same jar from walmart opened it up took a slice out and began to eat it with my fish, I wanted some of the juice so I stirred the jar from the top and a bunch of little worm looking things floated to the top, I had to take a close examine but still am not sure if these were worms or part of the jalapeno, after looking closely for a few min. I came to the conclusion that they have to be worms, they are the same worms that when living in Rwanda Africa I ordered some food from a well to do place and it came with a small salad (you normally should not eat raw veggies from Africa for this reason) I ate my little salad thinking that there was not going to be any problem with it, because of the coffee shop tends to allot of Americans and people from western cultures. But as I was putting one of the last bites of my yummy salad (I had not had salad in about a year at that point) I noticed these little white worms crawling on the bottom of my plate mixed in with the ranch dressing, my fork dropped and of course I wanted to puke, not to mention I was pregnant which made things even worse. But it seems to me these are the same little worms that I experienced in Rwanda, so I will be taking these back to walmart (not walmarts fault) after I talk to Vlasic.
 27th of Dec, 2012 by   Rhonda Jean 0 Votes
Same thing here. Vlasic Jalapeno Slices from Walmart...
 28th of Jan, 2014 by   lcursio 0 Votes
I found a large piece of rubber inside a sealed jar of Vlasic bread and butter chips. It looks like a piece off a machine!!! Appalling!!! I will never buy vlasic again!!!
 28th of Jan, 2014 by   redhatterb71 0 Votes
Instead of complaining here, you SHOULD have complained on their web site. Whenever I find something wrong with a food item that I have purchased I contact the company, by email, and within a couple weeks somebody will call me wanting more details and wanting to know if I saved the item, which I have done. They then say they will send me special mailing envelope and coupons for some of their products. The fact that you allegedly found a piece of rubber in your jar of pickles is basically something that can happen on production lines and not be caught, because the jar is filled and then sealed by machine, and then goes on down the line, to the packing department. Do you expect a machine to catch the mistake. Production errors happen. It can happen with any brand, not just Vlasic.

Online Shoppers Warned About '12 Scams of Christmas'

Latest Groups