logo

Scammers

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Visa Mastercard Merchant Services*, Scottsdale, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - phone scam

Visa Mastercard Merchant Services* Contacts & Informations

Visa Mastercard Merchant Services*

Posted:    ladyxx

phone scam

Visa Mastercard Merchant Services*
won't give it
Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: 480 389 3915
A call comes in that Visa and Master Card have gotten together to save small businesses from over charging credit card processors. They are hiring just their cardholders in a 75 mile radius of their homes to simply give them leads for local businesses which the merchant services will convert to direct customers and pay the "affiliate" an extremely generous commission and a 50-50 split of the 2% they'll charge the business. It starts off as a small weekly $5.95 fee to access an 800 number and a website to track your sales. There's a guaranty of 2 sales checks within 2 weeks of your providing 5 business names. You get paid from $295-$495 per lead depending on what kind of FTC license you buy in order to be an affiliate. They offer "promotional dollars" to offset the $495 license.

They insist on charging your Visa or Master Card to start the licensing process, claiming that your guaranty against fraud is that the credit card company stands behind fraudulent transactions. I called the legal department of Master Card North America and and the merchant services at Visa and was told that only purchases of goods carry that guaranty, not services. When I put the recruiting manager on with the Master Card attorney he disappeared. She called again and the number was not being answered. All through this I heard lots of salesmen on phones in the background. The number is480 389 3915 and the salesman claimed to be Ken Sargeant.

I don't care what they promise--it's a fraud. *There is no such entity as Visa Mastercard Merchant Services.

Comments United States Work at Home
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Aug, 2010 by   KDaphA 0 Votes
I, too, have been getting phone calls from Arizona regarding a home based business where I would become an affiliate and would give them local business names. They would then contact the businesses and offer them Visa and M/C terminals at 2% instead of 4-6%.
The whole deal sounded "too good to be true". This is the first site I have found of another complaint about this company.
Thanks.
 16th of Aug, 2010 by   v in kc 0 Votes
THEY ALSO USE PHONE NUMBER: 602-652-2256. First, I was told that they are responding to my inquiry for information. MASTER CARD MERCHANT SERVICES, a Division of VISA/MasterCard, Small Business Cards. I asked for hdqtr address, which he said, "Scottsdale, AZ". When I asked for a STREET ADDRESS, he claimed that because they were a financial institution he could not give out that information. He then insulted me with, "You aren't even wanting to hear about me being able to help you make thousands of dollars?". Then I said, "You're insulting me when all I need is a street address and phone number to check the company out with BBB". CLICK...was the response. I live in the KC metro area.
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   Rich-Smith 0 Votes
Yep. Got the same exact scam on the phone yesterday. I sounded too good to be true. I talked with someone named Audry from the "Merchant Services Division of Visa Mastercard". After a couple requests, she gave me her call back number: 602-635-7231 .
With the initial phone call, you get someone reading a script with something like 200 people in the background. After you say "OK" to their initial script, they play a recorded message then forward you to the "Senior" rep. While talking to Audry, I asked her for a website with info... none. I asked if she could e-mail me some info... nope can't do that because "they" don't like her to send out info. The call back number that Audry gave me was 480-389-1704 .
Also, their caller ID is "Unknown". This is also not a good sign.
All they ask for is $500 to set up your FTC Merchant Services Licence. I did a Google serach on this and found that a Merchant Services Licence is something normally only issued to big companies and banks.
Also, when I did a reverse directory assistance on the (602) 635-7231 phone number, the only info I could get was that it was a cell phone number. This is also not a good sign.
Luckly I did not give them any personal info. All signs point to TOTAL SCAM!
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   DP VAN WA 0 Votes
I have been getting calls about a home business from Visa promise to make 2 to 5K a month with a initial investment for a Bank license of 295 charged against my Visa card and month fee of about 6. to generate them at least 5leads per week. Checked phone number call on 602-635-7039 unlisted or cell and same with the call back # of 480-389-0489 for Joseph Peterson. Sounds to good to be true.
 26th of Aug, 2010 by   Credit Card 0 Votes
Very well done, Thank you so much for this informative article. I guess if there's
any transaction that had been failed it is on the merchants obligation to settle or to
solve it because that's their work or job that to ensure that the customer should not to
worry of their credit or debit card.
 3rd of Sep, 2010 by   timmyw3 0 Votes
Yeah, I got a call from VISA & MASTERCARD SERVICES saying I had requested info on making extra money. I have not requested that, but I felt like messing with them so I listened to their recording and then another person came on the line to give me the spiel.

He was much smoother than the 1st guy and he told me how small business is charged 4-6% for credit card transactions and they could reduce it to 2% and split the fee with me for giving them names and phone numbers for businesses in my area. Said I could make $3000 to $4000 per month. I asked why they need for me to give them the info and pay me a lot of money when they could find it in the Yellow Pages. He says their agreement with VISA & MC doesn't allow them to do that, but it's OK if they get the info from me. Yeah right. Then He told me again how much money I could make just for giving them a few business names and numbers and I could expect to start getting paid within two weeks.

I said "sounds good".

He says, " I detect some sarcasm in the way you said that. I've been doing this for a long time and I can sense these things. I'm not just some schmuck your talkin to".

I said, " and what do you need from me? My SS#, my bank account and credit card numbers?"

He knew I was onto them and said, " no, I don't need that and I don't need you", and he hung up.
 22nd of Sep, 2010 by   Me in Dallas 0 Votes
Yes, they are still doing it, I just got a call. I played along to get more information about the company. He said he worked for VISA and you could check out the company at VISA.com . I ask him for the address and phone number and he said what to you need to think about? What do you need to know to move forward? I said I need to check some things out and ask him again for the address. I kept dancing around the issue. But, I got 4220 N 19th; Phoenix, AZ 85015, phone is 602-635-7231. He, Adam B., called from 602-635-7068 according to AT&T phone log. Of course, no VISA listed there. But, the call was similar with the exact same sales format as a company scamming people called. websites4america.com. they are list as Cornerstone Marketing Solutions LLC 4131 N. 24th St Suite A-122 Phoenix, AZ 85016
877-317-8166 or 866-952-2299 and FAX: 623-972-1924, EMAIL: support@websites4america.com
Here is the sales approach. First, a caller asking if you are interested in making money from home? Then, a pitch about some business with a website in it. Ask if we have a credit card to qualify. Then you listen to a message. Next, the supervisor gives you the pitch and high pressure sells you. He will not send you an email to make an informed decision.
 23rd of Sep, 2010 by   jpandmary 0 Votes
Yes, the company is still at it! Just received a call from them telling me pretty much the same thing everyone has stated on here. I told the guy I would call him back in a couple of hrs., needed to talk to my husband about it. His name was Duane Davis @ 602-635-7231 his direct line in Scottsdale, AZ. I hung up & checked the Internet to see what kind of scam it was. I'm in Panama City Beach, FL. Knew it sounded to good to be TRUE!
 28th of Sep, 2010 by   madmars 0 Votes
I just received the same call as described by all above including the 602-635-7231 phone number except the supervisors name was Justin Markoss. I was conducting research on the internet while talking to him and came across this thread. Thank you for posting and saving me the headache and $$ I could have wasted getting involved with this scam.
 7th of Oct, 2010 by   Discerning 0 Votes
Just received the same call as described by all of the folks who sent in complaints. It is a scam...I just got a bad feeling when they said I needed to charge $495. to my master card or visa. Thankfully they didn't have my credit card number. When I asked where they got my name and phone number (I was called on my cell phone) I was told that only "special" visa/master card customers were being called. The man I spoke with was Joseph and his number is 602-903-6406. I guess they want your credit card information and all your other "good" stuff if a License is involved. Fortunately, my husband and I are in business for over 10 years and we know quite a bit about licensing, etc. The license they are speaking of is not something anyone "off the street" can acquire. I feel sad for anyone who is in real need of a job and falls for this.
 12th of Oct, 2010 by   Jared1979 0 Votes
I got the same phone call yesterday the guy that on the other was really pressuring to sign up and I cant really afford $495 to start a business. The area code that showed up on my phone was 623 area code.
 18th of Oct, 2010 by   Jazziy21 0 Votes
The only advice I have for anyone that is contemplating giving these people youre money, DON'T. They call you and say that they saw where you were interested in making extra income frm something that you fillid out online, then they let you listen to a recorded disclaimer and when the recording finishes, someone totally different comes on the line from who called you, they tell you that you simply have to gather names and phone number's of business' in youre area and they have highly trained marketer's that will get these business' to convert over to them for a 2% rate. they tell you that they have like three different packages, the one I was considering was the start up one of $ 295.00 and a monthly fee of $ 24.95 for the personal website, it sounded a little to good to be tru, I told the lady that I could not afford the $ 295.00 right now just to see what she would say, she said to hold on, 3 minutes later she returned to the line and said that if I could give her 10 leads this week, that she would take off $100.00 so instead of paying $ 295 I would pay $ 195 and that I absolutly had to pay today. I hung up and she kept on calling back when I would not answere, then someone else called from a different number from the same company. The phone number's they were calling me from were 1-623-476-1950 and 602-635-7721. Can you say SCAM!!!
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   Destinyd 0 Votes
Hey! I got a phone call today from an Unknown number. He said I entered a sweepstakes but i don't remember doing so. He didn't ask for any info BUT if i had visa/mastercard/american express...I was half asleep so i answered with visa and mastercard (forgetting that i don't have mastercard) he asked for my age and my occupation. I just responded with those two things so now i don't get it. Was i scammed? or was it a pre-scam? later on i got a phone call from a 732 number i didn't pick up and when i try to call back and it said the phone number was invalid.
 13th of Nov, 2010 by   arlington77 tx 0 Votes
I have received the similar call. The number was 480-389-3723. The same script as noted above. The lady tried many different ways to make me pay. Saying she knew her product, and asking me why I needed any additional information. She said: it's like getting more information about FBI, what is there to know more about them? It was funny how pushy she was to get a payment and how that revealed it was a mere scam. At some point I wondered however whether she really believed in what she was saying. I wonder how she can sleep at night by telling blatant lies all day long.
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   DoubleO7 0 Votes
480-389-2938

I recently have been receiving calls from them as well. When I explained that this was an unsolicited call, and my number is registered in the "Do Not Call Registry" and I am filing a 1088 form on the FCC's website, the agent got rude and hung up. I called the number back several times before speaking with someone. I spoke to a Supervisor (at least she said she was), and she told me they EXCLUSIVELY purchase their lead information from a company called "HOOVER" ( Google "Hoover Telemarketing" and they'll be the first one listed).

HOOVER'S Contact Info:

Toll Free: 800-234-3867

IF YOU ARE RECEIVING UNSOLICITED CALLS YOU CAN:
1. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE
2. REPORT THEM TO THE FCC VIA http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

IT doesn't matter that Hoover or Dun & Bradstreet aren't the one's physically making the calls, they are unlawfully selling OUR information. When filing your complaints in the comments field Mention these 2 companies and their respective contact information. They should be held accountable for their negligence. Don't fall for the "somewhere you expressed interest in our service/product." they have been calling my cell phone, and I safe-guard that number like it's my ssn
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   DoubleO7 0 Votes
**EDIT** NOT SURE WHY IT POSTED LIKE THAT (ABOVE)

480-389-2938

I recently have been receiving calls from them as well. When I explained that this was an unsolicited call, and my number is registered in the Do Not Call Registry and I am filing a 1088 form on the FCC website, the agent got rude and hung up. I called the number back several times before speaking with someone. I spoke to a Supervisor (at least she said she was), and she told me they EXCLUSIVELY purchase their lead information from a company called HOOVER ( Google Hoover Telemarketing and they will be the first one listed).

HOOVERS Contact Info:

Toll Free: 800-234-3867

IF YOU ARE RECEIVING UNSOLICITED CALLS YOU CAN:
1. REPORT THEM TO YOUR STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE
2. REPORT THEM TO THE FCC VIA http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

IT does not matter that Hoover or Dun and Bradstreet are not physically making the calls, they are unlawfully selling OUR information. When filing your complaints in the comments field Mention these 2 companies and their respective contact information. They should be held accountable for their negligence. Do not fall for the: Somewhere you expressed interest in our service/product. They have been calling my cell phone, and I safe-guard that number like it is my ssn
 7th of Dec, 2010 by   EinATL 0 Votes
I received a similar call this evening. The earlier posts in this thread describe the conversation I had with the 'rep' trying to get me to send them 5 names/addresses/phone numbers. In return, I was going to get $1000 as an 'incentive' to keep sending them names/numbers/addresses. I asked why they could not hire sales people to do the same thing, and I was told that they have an anti-compete clause with other financial institutions. I am so thrilled that I found this thread while talking to the 'rep.' When I mentioned it to her, she hung up. I looks like these people are moving east as I live in metro Atlanta area. I encourage others who are on the Do Not Call List to report these unsolicited calls at www.donotcall.gov
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   Wargo 0 Votes
I also Just today recieved this type of call (they have tried to reach me several times) and I will tell you the Name was under and fhone numbers: This is how is came up on my caller ID,
BB Scriebner...1-480-389-0921, Brian Odle 1-602-714-2042 so I decided to take a listen. I'm just going to sort of pick up from the above comments: After the person was telling me all the money I can gererate in a month and than the catch, so I started telling him that I knew there would be a catch and he was giving me a hard time about him working directly with Visa/Master Card and he promises this and that. So I told him to send me a gaurantee contract and than they hung up. Really, do they think we are all stupid? Master Card and Visa should go after them. After all they are calling their customers.
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   RobertW 0 Votes
I've been getting calls for a few weeks from 602-652-2256. They left a pre-recorded voice message once, asking if I'd like to make money from home by partnering with VISA and Mastercard to make referrals for merchant account processors, or something. Finally I answered a call today and it was the usual hooplah, I can make money by just giving them business names and phone numbers and letting them close them for me (at a whopping 52 to 70% conversion rate) and then I'd be making residual income. Woohoo! I can just look up local businesses on Google and yellow pages! Wait, why can't THEY do that?? And why do they insist on charging me for the FTC merchant affiliate license if the money is supposed to go to the FTC? I asked them this and the sales guy dodged the question by talking fast about the forms I'd have to fill out, saying it would all be explained in the welcome kit, trying to confuse me into thinking my objection was handled and hoping I'd take them up on "faith." I asked the sales guy David where I could go to verify the supposed FTC license fees and he said "I wouldn't even know where to look... you can use Google can't you?" Why wouldn't he have this information readily at hand to verify the legitimacy of their claims? He said the name of their company is Full Speed Funding, they're listed on BBB.org with a rating of F and 46 filed complaints, 3 complaints failed to respond and 1 serious complaint. Obviously a bad BBB record is a huge red flag by itself. Before the quick research I was suspicious by how fast they tried to get my CC # and how little information they were willing to give me. I can't believe they're still doing this!! scam scam scam. How do we stop them??
 5th of Jan, 2011 by   RobertW 0 Votes
I've been getting calls for a few weeks from 602-652-2256. They left a pre-recorded voice message once, asking if I'd like to make money from home by partnering with VISA and Mastercard to make referrals for merchant account processors, or something. Finally I answered a call today and it was the usual hooplah, I can make money by just giving them business names and phone numbers and letting them close them for me (at a whopping 52 to 70% conversion rate - IMPOSSIBLE for cold calls). And then I'd be making residual income. Woohoo! I can just look up local businesses on Google and yellow pages! Wait, why can't THEY do that?? And why do they insist on charging me for the FTC merchant affiliate license if the money is supposed to go to the FTC? I asked them this and the sales guy dodged the question by talking fast about the forms I'd have to fill out, saying it would all be explained in the welcome kit, trying to confuse me into thinking my objection was handled and hoping I'd take them up on "faith." I asked the sales guy David where I could go to verify the supposed FTC license fees and he said "I wouldn't even know where to look... you can use Google can't you?" Why wouldn't he have this information readily at hand to verify the legitimacy of their claims? He said the name of their company is Full Speed Funding, they're listed on BBB.org with a rating of F and 46 filed complaints, 3 complaints failed to respond and 1 serious complaint. Obviously a bad BBB record is a huge red flag by itself. Before the quick research I was suspicious by how fast they tried to get my CC # and how little information they were willing to give me. I can't believe they're still doing this!! scam scam scam. How do we stop them??

Foreclosure - Options to Pursue, Scams to Avoid