Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

12095 Garland Rd
Dallas, Texas
Phone: 214-319-6699
vipfinanceoftexas.com
I took out a car title loan with VIP Financing 07/20/10 for $900. Originally the loan was financed and I was supposed to pay back $1033. To date I have paid back $1730. After closely looking at all of my payments, I noticed that the loan amount wasn't decreasing. So, I inquired about the total amount to the manager, Jake. He informed me that I am responsible for payments for an "Auto Club" that VIP Financing provides for their customers. I asked to get out of the "Auto Club" because I have full coverage insurance on my car with Progressive insurance, and roadside assistance is included. The "Auto Club" and my insurance company's roadside assistance provides the same services/assistance. I am to pay $50 a week towards the "Auto Club". All monies I had paid out prior to VIP Financing was going towards the "Auto Club". I informed and provided proof to VIP Financing that I do not need their "Auto Club" coverage and I want all payments to go towards the principle. I was told that I could not get out of the contract agreement, because I signed up for it. Actually, I wasn't told I could opt out of not getting the "Auto Club" service plan, if so, I wouldn't have signed for it. I still owe $843, until I pay that amount in full, I will be responsible of the $50 payments. I feel this company is a rip off, and does not provide good customer service. Prior to contacting the BBB, I tried to contact an upper management (chain of command) to address my concerns. I was told that I could only communicate directly with Jake at the local office. I am currently unemployed, and any extra monies need to go towards the principle, not the "Auto Club".
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More VIP Finance complaints