logo

Total Scam

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

USPS Complaints & Reviews - They lost my package, and don't care!

USPS Contacts & Informations

USPS

Posted:    neurosurg.girl

They lost my package, and don't care!

USPS
This complaint is in regards to my lost package sent via the US mail.

I was out of town and had my mail on hold until July 15th. I was expecting a package to be delivered around the same time. When I looked at the tracking information it stated that it arrived at the post office at 8:09 am on July 15th and then sorted around 9am. The next scan (at 9:29am) stated that a notice was left and then a minute later it stated it was "Out for delivery". I didn't think too much about but I was excited that my package would be waiting for me when I arrived home from my vacation. Well, when I came home, on the 16th of July, there was no package in my mailbox, in fact there wasn't even a notice from the post office stating a delivery had been attempted. Mind you, there were exactly 4 letters in my mailbox and the package didn't require a signature, so I'm not certain why there would be a need to leave a notice. Anyway, I immediately headed over to the post office to inquire about it. I was told by a 'supervisor', Johnson Thomas, that the two scans ("notice left" and "out for delivery") were mistakes. However, she couldn't answer why the package hadn't been delivered over 24 hours after arriving at their facility. So I waited to see if it would be delivered that day, the 16th, and then the following day. Nothing! So here we are today, Monday, the 19th of July, and still no package. I called the post office and spoke with the same supervisor [Johnson Thomas] -that had told me the scan were mistakes- and she informs me that they cannot find my package. She claims she's spoken to the carrier, that left this supposed "notice". Funny thing is, one minute she [the carrier] cannot recall any package or leaving a notice and the next minute she recalls leaving the notice. So, which is it?! The supervisor also claims she is "searching everywhere for the package". She was supposed to call me back. After hours had passed, I called her. She said she cannot find the package, anywhere. When I questioned if my package had been lost, her response was appalling... "yeah, basically. And I'm not sure what you can do about it." After getting no where with this moron of a supervisor, I called and spoke to the postmaster, Daryl. Oh my, I have never spoken, nor met, someone so rude and unhelpful! After practically yelling at me that I had to "wait until they found it, if they could." and "until then there was nothing that could be done, so deal with it." (yes, he really said that) he then hung up on me. Unbelievable!! I doubt I will ever receive my package. If I do it will probably be so damaged it will be useless.

How does the postal service in business with this horrid behavior?! All they want is more and more money and the service gets worse and worse. I would rather pay extra and things sent via FedEx or UPS. Anything but the god awful post office.

Comments United States Government & Police
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Jul, 2010 by   neurosurg.girl 0 Votes
Sorry, just to amend something in my previous post.

How does the postal service *stay in business with this horrid *service and behavior?! All they want is more and more money and the service gets worse and worse. I would rather pay extra and *have things sent via FedEx or UPS. Anything but the god awful US Post Office.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   neurosurg.girl 0 Votes
No it was not stolen since I have a locked mailbox, which can fully accommodate the small package size. Also, the package NEVER LEFT THE FACILITY, as per the supervisor, so that's not possible.

As to why I ordered something when I knew I wasn't going to be home. My mail was on hold so I knew it wasn't going to be a problem. Since, as I stated in my complaint, it did not require a signature, there was no need for me to "be there to accept it. Yes, I did come back a day late but since I had a LOCKED mailbox there wasn't an issue. Also, I knew that it wouldn't be left on my porch because 1)again, it was a small package, that easily fit into my LOCKED mailbox and 2)my normal carrier NEVER leaves my packages on my porch.

Was it insured? No, but I was not aware of that when I purchased it.
 19th of Jul, 2010 by   neurosurg.girl 0 Votes
First, there are quite a few people that have locked mail boxes that don't live in apartment complexes, my fiance being one of them. However, I do live in an apartment complex, not that it matters. The point is that is was a locked mailbox. No one could have stolen anything from it. Move on from this.

Second, I'm sure it's possible that it fell under something but I have a supervisor stating that she has "searched everywhere!". Whether she has or has not, I don't know. I obviously was not there. Since it was hand scanned 30 minutes after the sorting, I don't think that's possible. However, when I recall them tomorrow, I will mention looking in those areas. It's worth a shot.

Lastly, no they did not deliver it to the office because, again, it never left the facility. To reiterate, it was hand scanned by someone INSIDE the post office saying a notice was left (however, there was no notice in my mailbox). So that obviously negates your theory that they "forgot to scan it". I actually have the scanner ID number from that scan. However, the post master has refused to even take that into account, or even take the number. Perhaps it could aid in locating this package but he feels it doesn't matter. I'm just supposed to wait till his incompetent employees 'search' for my package. The package THEY lost in the first place.
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   neurosurg.girl 0 Votes
Annoyed at the situation, not necessarily you. I will say, your 'pressing' of the whole locked mailboxes was a tad bothersome. However, I'm also moving on from the issue.

Your suggestions about the sorting and loading zones were really helpful and I have been remiss in thanking you. As I said, those suggestions will be given tomorrow when I or my fiance call them, again. Thank you.
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   deepsilencer +1 Votes
they lost my package as well,
i been waiting for this package to arrive

im a bass competitor and without this package i lost one competiton because of them!

and now the other one is comming up this saturday july 31st 2010
and i have a feeling im going to lose that one too cus of my lost package!!!
after a long time that i been prepared for these days they screw me over

i never done usps before because of this problem, but no we had to choose the usps because it was the only one closer to the shippers place, a
and need this package ASAP!!!

i filed a claim and its been 5 days i dont get a damn call from the investigators!
i called again and they redocumented the stupid claim number
so i have to wait 2 more stupid days

it's a high output aftermarket alternator that they lost and the box was huge for a reason, so they wont damage the damn thing or LOSE IT!!!
but obviously those idiots lost my package, the shipper sent that package on june 30th 2010 and its now july 26th!!!2010!!!

last time i use usps,
screw them!
 26th of Jul, 2010 by   neurosurg.girl 0 Votes
That's a pain, deepsilencer. I hope you get it resolved, and I'm sorry about the competition.

I would try to obtain the number for your local consumer affairs. I had to deal with them directly. If you wait for a call back from the USPS 800 number, you'll be waiting for quite awhile. In fact, I'm still waiting for a call back from a complaint I filed about lost mail... back in 2005. They just don't care. Anyway, as I said, try getting the local consumer affairs number. Once I put it in their hands, they [the post office that lost the package] were willing to refund the money. Overall, it was handled and done with in 3 days.

Good luck
 30th of Jul, 2010 by   neurosurg.girl -1 Votes
Not to be a total b!tch, although that ship may have already sailed, but could you please take your fighting somewhere else. This isn't high school! If you want to be perceived as an adult, act like one.

Anyway, just to give an update. Not only did the shipper refund my money but on 7.27 my package, the one that they "tore the entire post office apart, trying to find" appeared, with a huge bundle of other mail. Everything had a 'hold til July 19th' written on it. I'm not certain where the 19th came into play -because neither were the dates that my mail was to be held till- or why it took till the 27th for it to be delivered?. But I finally received my package... 2 weeks late, after I repurchased the item and been given a refund. Maybe I should have the post office pay for the shipping, of the item (that they 'misplaced'), that I now have to send back, lol?!

I hope your package shows up deep. *fingers crossed*
 9th of Dec, 2010 by   USPSisUSELESS -1 Votes
I hate USPS. They are a bunch of useless workers. Their tracking and confirmation doesnt work for shit. They lost my package and all they do is keep giving me different phone numbers to try calling. Each number that i call I get an angry, hostile worker that has no idea where my package is. I don't even come off rude. I speak to them normally. This was priority shipment also. I even get workers telling me to ask the seller for another shipment. Right, who is going to give away money just because it was lost in the mail?
 12th of Aug, 2011 by   pkgless in ny -1 Votes
I had a package sent to me priority mail they scanned it into their facility and then it disappeared no more updates contacted sender he is frustrated as they are unable to locate this priority mail pkg no sender has to send another this is awful service priority mail should be a priority!

3 Reasons You Might Not Get a Mortgage