logo

Gavel & Gown Software
Amicus Attorney
2. (19 mins ago)
buyforsalecheap.com
Shop didn’t work and no order as well
3. (53 mins ago)
Seven shine cleaning services
Groupon vouchers
4. (53 mins ago)
Award Notification Commission
letter stating has won prize
5. (55 mins ago)
Enterprise
paid toll is charged by Enterprise again!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Usell.com

Posted: 2011-01-11 by    DEE.W

So far not so good

uSell
I saw a commercial for uSell.com. They promise to give you a reasonable quote for you gently used cell phones that you no longer need or want. I submitted a quote request for the 2 blackberry 8900 phones that I had. They quoted me @ $72.00/phone. Which to me was a great deal considering otherwise they would have been collecting dust in a drawer. So, I requested they send me the "secure" shipping bag and about 4-5 days later I received that. They send you the shipping bag and shipping label. I put both phones in the envelope...affixed the label and but it in the mail box. Now they promise to send you emails once they receive your phone and throughout the entire process. So, seeing that 3 weeks went by I figured let me shoot them an email (only way to reach them) and see what they say. Maybe they just forgot to email me right? NOPE! According to the rep helping me they have not even received the package. She continues in her email that maybe since I mailed it during the holiday season (I mailed it Dec. 22nd...it is now Jan 11) that maybe the USPS is just behind. Um, yea the post office can be slow...but not 3 weeks slow. I get my Netflix in 2 days...and that was over the holiday season also. So I respond back to her "well is there a way to track the package?" she emails back "no, they do not have a way of tracking it, but that all phones are insured up to $100/each." So, I respond" Ok, that's fine, but how long to I have to wait for something to happen then? Either way you need to cut me a check cause I'm not leaving this as just a loss. Yea I didn't want the phones anymore but you don't promise me one thing then then do another." I am currently waiting for her to respond to that. I will let you know what happens. But, my whole point is..I will never do this again...I will not recommend this service to anyone. If you do decide to give them a try I wish you luck.

Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2011 by   cursedgriffin -1 Votes
The exact same thing happened to me. They keep saying they can't track it, but somehow it is insured? They quoted me $78 for my phone and three weeks later they still claim they haven't recieved my phone.
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   dragnsdime -1 Votes
I haven sent my phone out, also a 8900, after 3 months they have told me the phone they received was not the model they thought would receive. When asked to have the phone sent back to me, 2 weeks later i received another email saying the phone was recycled and was told "your welcome".
This company is a scam
 30th of Jan, 2011 by   yellowman1156 0 Votes
hey the package that they send is a small plastic bag the doesn't have protection (bubble wrap) so they can break during shipment and say that your phone was worthless.
 2nd of Feb, 2011 by   uSell 0 Votes
Hi everyone. I work for uSell, and I'd like to address your complaints and help you resolve them. First, the postal issue. Dee.W and cursedgriffen, we completely understand your concern. We're pulling our hair out over it, too, and we're working very hard to resolve it. To clarify the situation -- it's not a general postal service issue. It's a local issue in the area around our receiving facility (which is a different location than the one we ship the packs from). We don't know for sure that it's a "holiday" mail issue, although we do know that it started with packs that customers sent in around the last week of December and thereafter. If you still need help resolving this, please email support@usell.com and reference your post on this site. Please also provide your name and phone number in your email (not on this board, please!) and we'll call you to discuss your account. Depending on the time frame since you shipped your phone, we may be able to assist you with filing a claim. Second, dragnsdime, to your comment about your phone being recycled: We're very sorry that there was any confusion about this. We do try to be very clear on our site that the model number you quote must exactly match the phone you send to us. Model numbers can vary by just a single letter or number, but that difference can really impact the amount we're able to pay for your phones. We are working hard to make it even easier to find your exact model number on our website ... but if there's ever any question, before you send in your phone just shoot an email to support@usell.com and we can confirm pricing for you on your exact model number. Finally, yellowman1156, we haven't had other complaints on the issue you're suggesting ... did this actually happen to you? If so, please let us know. Generally speaking, we receive the vast majority of customer phones intact with no issues. Thanks to everyone for their comments -- we appreciate the opportunity to provide excellent customer service and discuss your concerns.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Usell Sucks! 0 Votes
I sent in a box of phones and only received payment for the cheap phones. The phones they did not pay me for were the iPhones as they said they did not receive them. Pretty tough to lose those since they were in the same box. I also submitted a complaint on this board about them. I am also going to complain to the BBB about this company. Their customer service is poor and they like to lie. I hope to see this company shut down soon due to their poor business practices.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Grow The F**K Up +3 Votes
Hey USell employee. I was stongly considering using your services, but am now a little hesitant. Can you please answer a few questions for me? How come there is no contact (phone number), or business address on your website? To me it seems like you are hiding something.

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: USELL.COM

UPSTREAM WORLDWIDE INC.
200 E BROWARD BLVD. STE 1200
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida 33301
+1.9548225673

Is it safe to assume that the location above is the companies address? Is it safe to assume that if we have any problems, we could contact Paul from above. Also, what is the connection between usell.com, money4gold and upstream worldwide? It makes people uncomfortable to do business with a company who will not post information such as phone number and address on their website. I will be waiting your response.
 7th of Feb, 2011 by   Grow The F**K Up +2 Votes
Just did a little more reading of reviews for this company as well as money4gold and a few other sites that seem to be linked. Guess what, NOT ONE GOOD THING SAID. I think I will spend the rest of the afternoon and do a little research on how many companies are out there, and what there relationships to one another are. Although I have never used any of them, they all seem to be filled with the same complaints. Getting paid less than what was promised. Not returning items when the checks were sent back. Unable to reach anyone on the phone. No return calls, no return emails. In my opinion, they seem to have very poor customer service, if any. I will wait and see what employee of usell has to say before I post my findings in the event I am way off base on this. Also, there are plenty of other consumer websites out there as well, and if they are a scam, I will have no problem posting about them everywhere.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   Jameys Girl -4 Votes
I sent in a Blackberry Storm about a month ago. My quote was for two phones, but I decided to keep the other one. I didn't have any problems with the services. I received several emails throughout the entire process. I received an email today saying my check was sent out and I should expect it soon. When I got home today, there was the check for the amount I was quoted on the Storm.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   uSell -5 Votes
Hi again everyone. First, the good stuff ... Jameys Girl, thanks for the props. We appreciate it! Grow The F**K Up, thank you for posting here and giving us the opportunity to answer your concerns and questions. It sounds as if you're a very conscientious consumer, which is great! So hopefully, as you've been doing your research, in addition to finding some negative posts about uSell, you've also seen that we make it a point to reach out to every customer who's posted an issue about our company online, and to work with them to resolve their concerns. That's because we believe in creating customers for life, and we also believe in the power of the internet and social networking. Above all, we believe in complete transparency. So, while some companies might delete negative posts, we don't. We just employ people like me, and I spend my time emailing and posting with customers (or would-be customers!) like you. : ) I hope you'll give uSell a chance to earn your business -- not just now, but for a lifetime! We look forward to hearing from you.
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   Grow The F**K Up +2 Votes
Why can't you supply us with a customer service phone number? I have never heard of a legitimate company with no phone number?
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   dragnsdime +1 Votes
Usell how about sending my phone back to me or the check? I received an email Saturday saying my phone made it and the check would be sent shortly. This was the same email I received several months previously. 2 different email addresses they were sent from. Also a phone number would be nice, as its easier to talk to someone than to wait several days for an email reply. Thank you for promptly sending my phone or check after reading this. I know the company such as yours prides itsself on such wonderful customer service...
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   Goat462869 +1 Votes
I sent four phones in and was looking foward to about $240 they promise but these bastards just sent me a $16 dollar check come on get the fuck out of here I have email and even left my number but these guys still havent respond so I bout to take their punk ass to trail
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   joewho -4 Votes
It seems to me that there is way to many negitive comments. I think some spend their time posting bad comments and trashing companies like this. I can guess for what reason. I'm sure ther are issues but there are some way to negitive stuff here.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   natelan 0 Votes
Usell.com also defrauded me. I sent them a Samsung Memoir, which they quoted at 70 dollars, and then they sent me a check for 18 dollars instead.

When I emailed them, they claimed that I sent them a Samsung Behold, which is a totally different phone. I have never owned a Samsung Behold. They lied, they stole, they cheated.

They eventually stopped answering my email and refused to give me any phone numbers or addresses to escalate the issue.

Whenever a class action lawsuit opens up, I want to be a part of it.

Lawyers, my email address is natelan@gmail.com and I am willing to appear in court. Thank you.
 12th of Feb, 2011 by   natelan 0 Votes
Keep in mind that the CEO of usell.com ran a money for gold (by mail) scam which has scammed thousands of dollars from unsuspecting victims.

I wish I knew that before they stole 50+ dollars from me for my cell phone.

DO NOT USE USELL.COM!!!
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   PhillyRoger +1 Votes
I sold my cell phone recently to SellYourCell.com. They paid me $245 for my iPhone 4 (I'm moving to Verizon!). The process was good but a bit slow but they did send me emails so I had an idea where my phone was in their process. Most importantly I got my money. They let me choose PayPal or a check and I went with PayPal to get it more quickly. I haven't used Usell.com so I can't compare the two but Googled them because I saw a commercial and thought I'd leave the comment. Good luck everyone.
 18th of Feb, 2011 by   darksidejedi07 0 Votes
I agree do not use usell I also sent them a phone, I sent them a motorola I880 nextel phone and was quoted only $28 for it but it has been three months and have sent numerous emails to them asking about the phone I sent and all that I ever get back is an automatic response saying it was sent to a member of there service staff and then nothing, I also have a feeling that even if they do get back to me they will just say the phone didn't work even though I know for a fact it worked because the only reason I wasn't using it anymore was because I switched from nextel to verizon. Kind of makes me wonder if they even recycle the phones or just turn around and sell them themselves, at this point I don't really care about the money but would have at least liked to get a response from them saying why they would not pay what they quoted for the phone rather than 3 months of sending emails. ONCE AGAIN DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY YOUR BETTER OFF JUST BREAKING YOUR PHONE AT LEAST THEN YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO IT or like Brenda said donate it.
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   Too many scams these days +1 Votes
How the hell can a iphone 3gs be worth 118$ when you can buy it new for 50$??????? F*CK THIS COMPANY!!!
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   Christina64 +1 Votes
I went to the uSell website because I had a few phones that I thought I could turn into extra money, but I figured I should do my research because of my skepticism of the whole process. It turns out there are little to none comments saying how good of a company they are. I'm glad I didn't go ahead and send my phones in. Thank you everyone for your complaints, comments, and reviews and good luck to you.
 22nd of Feb, 2011 by   usell sucks +1 Votes
They suck! Usell quoted me $48 for a Samsung Instinct. I got a check for $6. THis will come back on them some day.

Consumer Alert! Nationwide Locksmith Scam!

Latest Groups