Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Posted:

Financial Aid Processing

Financial Aid Department
Virginia
I have just finished up my first academic year at Axia (Online University of Phoenix). I am a straight A student, and everything I went through went pretty well up until November 1st, 2010. I began my new classes on October 25, 2010, and was supposed to be expecting funds to be disbursed into my student account by November 1st, but my academic counselor made a costly mistake on my application. I am now being asked to wait an additional month and a half to obtain those funds. This is the most frustrating situation because my academic counselor does not act as though he did something wrong, and that when my classes are paid for are an issue to him. This one situation has made me analyze whether I want to remain a student at Axia, or transfer to another university.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Nov, 2010 by    0 Votes
I was also tricked into thinking University of Phoenix is a great school and enrolled. I was very disappointed with their online degree program after jut 1 short week so I withdrew from the school.

I was in shock when University of Phoenix "decided" that I owe them $750 for withdrawing after just 1 week. And the thing is, they don't tell you any of it and they keep insinuating each and every student to just try it.

The top people who are running Univ. Phoenix absolutely do not care about the student's well-being. They JUST WANT YOUR MONEY ANY WAY POSSIBLE.
 2nd of Dec, 2010 by    0 Votes
I spoke with a UoP relations specialist and she assured me that they are continually looking for improvements in their educational methods. So that was good to hear, that they are changing their ways. Or at least we can hope..

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States