logo

fraud

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Universal Marketing Group (UMG), Toledo, Ohio Complaints & Reviews - identity theft

Universal Marketing Group (UMG) Contacts & Informations

Universal Marketing Group (UMG)

Posted:    timesaver

identity theft

Universal Marketing Group (UMG)
Airport Highway
Toledo, Ohio
universalmarketing1.com
UMG job recruiter Ashley took and kept my delicate and personal information (such as social security number and any other information to open credit cards or any account) on my application after she said I had no chance of getting hired. That means she knew she wasn't gonna hire me before I even met her and sat down and started to fill out the application yet she waited for me to finish and turn it in before she rudely tried to make a fool of me and tell me I had just wasted my time. I kept asking her why she had made me come in and complete an application when she knew I wouldn't get hired, but she just wouldn't give me an answer no matter what. Not even after I kept asking over and over. I knew why. Think about it. Like any other employer, they had already received my resume online before the interview but one piece of information that isn't on a resume is YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. That's why they needed me to come in. It's exactly why she made me turn in the completed employment application before she came out and told me literally there was no chance at all getting hired. If she would've told me from the beginning I didn't have a chance in hell getting the job, I never would have filled out the application which conveniently had my social security number. Yet instead of answering why she put me through the act, Ashley gave me some stupid 3 reasons i didn't get the job. That is probably the heart of your company's scam or con. Its the easiest way to get a person's social security number without looking suspicious.
Comments United States Employment, Staffing, Recruiting Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Jun, 2010 by   underpass 0 Votes
I would have demanded my paperwork back. If she refused, I would have called the police (non-emergency number of course, not 911),
 13th of Jul, 2010 by   samiirjo 0 Votes
Has anything suspicious shown up on your credit report as a result of this??
 18th of Apr, 2012 by   Alwayslive 0 Votes
Or perhaps you sucked as a perspective employee as the way it sounds like you acted upon not being hired proves. Sounds to me like this Ashley made a great call. And when you fill out an application most companies have a policy of keeping it on file ssn is always optional. Be smart and leave it blank next time instead of causing a scene.

Vacation-Fraud