logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
PCH
You cant register for cash prize
2. (4 mins ago)
WIN PAYMENT CENTRE
HOW TO CLAIM YOUR WINNING PRIZE
5. (11 mins ago)
Awok.com
No value for customer complaints

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Rachel W.

scam- unfair

United Cash Loans
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I took out a $300 loan to help pay for my son's birthday party in September of 2008. I agreed to he terms of the loan, being that there was a $90 fee. The catch to this place is in their agreement (the prit out; not on the website), you have to contact their customer service once they deposit the money, or every two weeks they will reissue the loan & only take the $90 fee. You also have to contact the customer service on a differt site than were you applied. The first payment date I did noit get an email, and on the Wednesday before they were due to take the payment out, I used the website to contact customer service & sent an email advising I wanted the entire payment taken out. I got an email back THursday advising it was too late for the transaction to go through that way & Friday only $90 was taken out. So the next payment as soon as I got the email I saved it in my adress book so they would stop going in my spam box, Litterally the next 3 payments they took I tried contacting customer service through th email & throught the websit & was given a website down message or some crap. Finally in December, they started taking out the $90 plus another $50 towards the loan. The next payment, when I had paid back the $300, the $90 & some I put a stop payment through my account, which worked, but two weeks later (dec 31st- a wednesday) they issued a paper check for $382. I wish I had researched this further before taking the loan out- I just wanted to give my son a nice birthday party & ended up starting out 2009 with a negitive balance & not being able to pay my rent that Friday. I am so upset & still looking into what I can do to get my money back. I don't want the $390 I borrowered, I just want back the $400 they took from me, my 16 month old son & my unborn child.
Comments United States Loans
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Mar, 2009 by   Annoyed 0 Votes
Theyre a fraud and a half!!! I did the same thing and now their hounding me after I sent numerous emails and made numerous calls. I paid the stupid loan in full in addition to an extra 180.00 before I completely just changed bank accounts. They are threatening to report me to a higher collections agency, I told them "go ahead and good luck with that, I have everything in writing and by the time they spend money on reporting and trying to scam more money from me they will be out tons more money"...Just close your account and open a new one...Are they really gonna try and go after people for 300.00 that I KNOW people already paod back in full if not more? Dont think so!!!
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   Kitty95336 0 Votes
yap same here! Bastards took over $500 from me and I only borrowed $300! I had to close my account and now they are calling me saying I owe another $347... I told them I am not paying them another penny. They say they will take me to collections but I could care less. I'm going to file all kinds of complaints on them where ever I can.
 28th of Jul, 2009 by   tony torpes 0 Votes
I have gone down the same road. Unfortunately I needed more and borrowed from three different agencies with the understanding there would be a $60.00 charge all payable in four weeks. And sure enough moneys where coming out. Ninty dollars for each case was being taken out each week. On the forth week it change to double hits on each account for $110.00. I immediatly called for an explanation. I was bounced around and at one point a computer promted message came up and said "your money will be in your account in the next business day" and then nothing. Tried many times after that and ended up with the same result. Contacted the better business bureau for each individual case and nothing. Now I'm getting harrasing calls saying I owe them when infact they owe me. There should be a major lawsuit brought up against this company. Who wants to join me. This is the biggest scam at the lowest level. Everytime they call I loose my mind. I can't believe this is legal. The people that work for this company have no right they are scum. I'm sure they know exactly what is going on and continue to Rob.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by   SweetlyK 0 Votes
I didn't have an unfortunate experience with them. I took out a $300 loan and after reading ALL the fine print, I saw that they say that unless you request to have the balance paid in full at least three days before the payment is due, they'll renew your loan. I sent the request to have it paid in full right after they sent me the money. When it came time to make the payment, they took out the full amount plus the $90 finance charge. Today I got a call though from a guy who worked there. He told me they would be sending me a special e-mail OFFER. I said ok...and hung up. I immediately checked my e-mail and it was not an OFFER, it was another LOAN!!! I immediately called them. When another guy answered he was laughing into the phone, then I told him I didn't request that loan and he withdrew it. I also told him not to market to me anymore. After that, I sent a notice to my bank telling them not to let UCL put money into or debit from my account. It may be a little overbearing what I did, but I did it to protect myself.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   Madison19918 0 Votes
I also got scammed bad. I took a 400 dollar loan and didnt really ready the full small limes but ithought i would pay 120 to them so i figure the 400 plus 120 and they were taking the money out of my account every two weeks but i was thinking it is paying my loan off then i find out im just paying finance all this time so i have payed them 5 times 120 for nothing. I am so mad i am going to change my bank account but i would love to do something to them i emailed them saying i wa gonna report them to the BBB i am so upset i got the money because i needed it badly but they are bad people is there a way to get your money back.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by   DoloresFalcon 0 Votes
Same here!! I asked for a 350 dollars loan and so far they have took 700 dollars. I just checked my bank statements and they took money from my account twice a single day! A single check of 50 dollars and then a check of 120 dollars. If there is a way I can sue, anybody let me now!! Or if anybody is going to sue I am willing to go to court.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Kraven 0 Votes
Are United Cash Loans legal in New York State - I took one out and am about to report them to my Attorney General. Please write me back and let me know.
Thank you.
Mary
 31st of Dec, 2009 by   Kraven 0 Votes
Are United Cash Loans able to give loans to people in New York State? Please let me know.
Thank you.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   jic 0 Votes
I had the same problem.. I took a loan out for $400 and so far have paid back $620 and they are saying that I still owe $450 which makes no sense. They said that the $620 is a service fee. I put a stop payment on my acct and they are not allowed to take anymore money from checking. This just happened recently. What should I do to to stop them from harrasing me. Has any one gotten there pay garnished because of this or has any one able to get justice on this so called company?
 18th of May, 2010 by   Perky1983 0 Votes
I agree they just royally fucked me over too... this place needs to be shut down...
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by   nolagirl33 0 Votes
this place is a fraud!! they take your money and still call for more money! do no do business with these people!!
 26th of Jun, 2010 by   Shadow58 0 Votes
Warning!!! Unitedcashloans is a real bad company and they need to be put out of business.

I will never use this company and I advise everyone to do the same.

Denver
 12th of Aug, 2010 by   Roshele 0 Votes
I just got a call today from a woman claiming that I owe money to United Cash Advance. She stated that if I don't pay a settlement, then she will garnish my wages. The funny thing is that I never took out a loan from them. Or received any info from them about a debt. I am very versed on the legal matters of consumers so I read through her pretty quickly. Why is this going on?

Roshele
 6th of Sep, 2010 by   Smoore77 0 Votes
Anyone know how to get out of the loop with them? My husband keeps getting a new loan when he hasn't requested one & then they won't take it back and say he has to pay the fee! This is ridiculous!!
 6th of Sep, 2010 by   Mick Mankford +1 Votes
You ghetto hags are all the same, and are the reason my business will prosper. Keep signing the contracts, we'll keep raking in the cash.

You really took out a loan to pay for your child's birthday party? Wow.

It's all in the contract, in black and white. You read it, you signed it, you lose, good day...

Off to sail down to Bermuda, on your McDollar.
 6th of Sep, 2010 by   Mick Mankford -2 Votes
Also, just to clarify, I don't work for this particular company, but one like it. The game is the same, though.

You expect free money, and then wonder why you can't pay your rent at the end of the month. A fool and her money are soon parted, so they say...
 17th of Sep, 2010 by   Marlin T. 0 Votes
United Cash Loans:
I really don't know how you have stayed in business this long! The only possible reason can be that you have found a loophole for ripping off good people's money that can't be breached; or else the government watch dogs have not found out about your unethical, corrupted, and unconstitutional scam!
I went online looking for an honest lending institution to borrow money from and I ended up with a nightmare in my checking account. My biggest mistake was looking for money online! I gave them enough information to devastate my immediate finances. I gave them my account and bank routing numbers as they requested and that's all they needed to control my account.
All I was doing was inquiring about a loan; how much could I borrow and what would be the interest rate. United Cash Loans never told me how much they would loan, or what the interest rate would be. They just deposited $400.00 into my checking account through ACH deposit and they took out their payments the same way; $120.00 two times a month for two months. They waited 10 days after the $400.00 was in my account before they took the first payment. They have taken three payments before I found out what was going on and I closed the account, so now they won't be able to get their last payment of $120.00; so this means that out of the $400.00 they loaned me their only getting back $360.00. I'm going to take them for $40.00 for giving me a loan that I did not sign for, or did not agree to.
I figured out the interest rate for $400.00 for 2 month was 157%; if you would allow them to get all of their money they will deposit another $400.00 and debit your account all over again.
The worst thing about this was that they SOLD my information to other vultures and they have taken money out of my account as well by writing themselves electronic checks for $49.99. They took $134.00 out before I closed the account.
I don't care if they put me in collection. I'll fight it! With everyone complaining and telling their story of how this criminal organization has taken innocent people’s money is the only way we can put illegal business out of business.
Things to do: Don't apply for loans online! Don't give your financial information out online! Always check your bank accounts regularly! Report any and all fraud to authorities in order to stop these Criminal Organizations
M.J.T.
 21st of Sep, 2010 by   ollady4 0 Votes
i also have a lady calling me threatening to garnish my wages for a loan through united cash that i NEVER took out!! when i told her i had my last 4 years bank statements, she said well its to your address and spouted that off!! but when i told her i hadnt even lived at my address when they say the loan was taken out, she threatened to take legal action against me, and said im only prolonging the inevitable!! its a scam!! i just wish i could get them to quit calling me!!
 13th of Oct, 2010 by   Dottiempls 0 Votes
I took out a $400 loan with UCL, and after three months of paying them and one month of paying an extra 100 dollars to help pay down the principle, I contacted them to find out about my payment history and why the renewal rate had not changed (the same $102 dollar plus $50 for the principle). The website did not offer to give me any furthur info and when I called them because the lack of the decreasing the loan renewal rate caused an overdraft- I stated I wanted to clear this matter up but they went on about how I should check my bank statements, blah, blah, blah- an attempt to brow beat, etc.

I told them that I was calling (before they even contacted me first about this issue) so that I could get a payment history and find out why they are charging me for the same $400 when I specifically authorized them to take out extra to reduce the fees. It was as if they were expecting a fight because they would not answer my question however they told me I would have to pay $325 or $575 to pay off the account that I've already paid down so much. The language at this point is not clear because those amounts make no sense! With them basically unable to show me where they've applied the funds this raises serious doubt. I wished I would've checked here first but I was one of the people who believed in Montell Williams and his commercial about them wanting to help. What a pity him using his image for such a scam company.

When I told UCL that I was going to the Attorney General about their business practices of not letting the consumer see an acknowledged payment history from them- they immediately ended the conversation "because I said the words Attorney General" ( I mean come on!). They can no longer discuss with me MY account because I used free speech? Wow.

I will be stopping payment on any further collections attempts on the grounds that I am not allowed even see if the payments are being applied to the account in the correct manner. I will close the account as well- thank God I have other checking accounts that I can use. I hope that we all are able to see some justice here- I want to go to court and I will follow up with the Minnesota AG on this because it is suspicious and if they were fair they wouldn't have anything to hide! Good luck to you all.
 15th of Oct, 2010 by   Smoore77 0 Votes
Question: Anyone that has dealt with United Cash Loans/ United Fast Cash, etc had problems with USA Credit (19.95) as well? Seems we have issues with both of them...

FREE iPAD 3? Scams!