scam- unfair

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I took out a $300 loan to help pay for my son's birthday party in September of 2008. I agreed to he terms of the loan, being that there was a $90 fee. The catch to this place is in their agreement (the prit out; not on the website), you have to contact their customer service once they deposit the money, or every two weeks they will reissue the loan & only take the $90 fee. You also have to contact the customer service on a differt site than were you applied. The first payment date I did noit get an email, and on the Wednesday before they were due to take the payment out, I used the website to contact customer service & sent an email advising I wanted the entire payment taken out. I got an email back THursday advising it was too late for the transaction to go through that way & Friday only $90 was taken out. So the next payment as soon as I got the email I saved it in my adress book so they would stop going in my spam box, Litterally the next 3 payments they took I tried contacting customer service through th email & throught the websit & was given a website down message or some crap. Finally in December, they started taking out the $90 plus another $50 towards the loan. The next payment, when I had paid back the $300, the $90 & some I put a stop payment through my account, which worked, but two weeks later (dec 31st- a wednesday) they issued a paper check for $382. I wish I had researched this further before taking the loan out- I just wanted to give my son a nice birthday party & ended up starting out 2009 with a negitive balance & not being able to pay my rent that Friday. I am so upset & still looking into what I can do to get my money back. I don't want the $390 I borrowered, I just want back the $400 they took from me, my 16 month old son & my unborn child.
Complaint comments Comments (39) Complaint country United States Complaint category Loans
Was the above complaint useful?

31st of Jan, 2009 by    0 Votes
This company is a HUGE ripoff artist. When I spoke to the customer service representative last week when I noticed additional fees taken from my bank account he stopped me in mid sentence.

The man was rude and treated me like I was stupid. It was my understanding that I would pay back $390.00 for a $300.00 loan. Well now the fees are up to $700.00.

Please someone put these people out of business.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by    0 Votes

United Cash Loans - Unauthorized billing
United Cash Loans

I had gone to untied cash loans in May. As of today I'm still being charged a monthly fee. My loan should have been paid in full in August.
 30th of Mar, 2009 by    0 Votes
Theyre a fraud and a half!!! I did the same thing and now their hounding me after I sent numerous emails and made numerous calls. I paid the stupid loan in full in addition to an extra 180.00 before I completely just changed bank accounts. They are threatening to report me to a higher collections agency, I told them "go ahead and good luck with that, I have everything in writing and by the time they spend money on reporting and trying to scam more money from me they will be out tons more money"...Just close your account and open a new one...Are they really gonna try and go after people for 300.00 that I KNOW people already paod back in full if not more? Dont think so!!!
 20th of Jun, 2009 by    0 Votes

United Cash Loans - Unauthorized charges
United Cash Loans

I would like to have my money back. They stole money from my account with out me knowing. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IT IS A FRAUD!!!
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
yap same here! Bastards took over $500 from me and I only borrowed $300! I had to close my account and now they are calling me saying I owe another $347... I told them I am not paying them another penny. They say they will take me to collections but I could care less. I'm going to file all kinds of complaints on them where ever I can.
 28th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
I have gone down the same road. Unfortunately I needed more and borrowed from three different agencies with the understanding there would be a $60.00 charge all payable in four weeks. And sure enough moneys where coming out. Ninty dollars for each case was being taken out each week. On the forth week it change to double hits on each account for $110.00. I immediatly called for an explanation. I was bounced around and at one point a computer promted message came up and said "your money will be in your account in the next business day" and then nothing. Tried many times after that and ended up with the same result. Contacted the better business bureau for each individual case and nothing. Now I'm getting harrasing calls saying I owe them when infact they owe me. There should be a major lawsuit brought up against this company. Who wants to join me. This is the biggest scam at the lowest level. Everytime they call I loose my mind. I can't believe this is legal. The people that work for this company have no right they are scum. I'm sure they know exactly what is going on and continue to Rob.
 28th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THE CONSTANT WITHDRAWLS IS TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT AND LET YOUR BANK KNOW THE REASON. Then the real agony starts. You're not going to get your money. Trust me I tried. This then turns to hatred cause you'll get them calling saying you still owe them more than your original loan and you've already paid out 150%. That's the killer. There should a nation wide campaign against any company as such. It hurts I know. I will be so thrill the day these Crooks are brought down. Why isn't there some Representative that will bring down these bastards.
 5th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I didn't have an unfortunate experience with them. I took out a $300 loan and after reading ALL the fine print, I saw that they say that unless you request to have the balance paid in full at least three days before the payment is due, they'll renew your loan. I sent the request to have it paid in full right after they sent me the money. When it came time to make the payment, they took out the full amount plus the $90 finance charge. Today I got a call though from a guy who worked there. He told me they would be sending me a special e-mail OFFER. I said ok...and hung up. I immediately checked my e-mail and it was not an OFFER, it was another LOAN!!! I immediately called them. When another guy answered he was laughing into the phone, then I told him I didn't request that loan and he withdrew it. I also told him not to market to me anymore. After that, I sent a notice to my bank telling them not to let UCL put money into or debit from my account. It may be a little overbearing what I did, but I did it to protect myself.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I also got scammed bad. I took a 400 dollar loan and didnt really ready the full small limes but ithought i would pay 120 to them so i figure the 400 plus 120 and they were taking the money out of my account every two weeks but i was thinking it is paying my loan off then i find out im just paying finance all this time so i have payed them 5 times 120 for nothing. I am so mad i am going to change my bank account but i would love to do something to them i emailed them saying i wa gonna report them to the BBB i am so upset i got the money because i needed it badly but they are bad people is there a way to get your money back.
 14th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
Same here!! I asked for a 350 dollars loan and so far they have took 700 dollars. I just checked my bank statements and they took money from my account twice a single day! A single check of 50 dollars and then a check of 120 dollars. If there is a way I can sue, anybody let me now!! Or if anybody is going to sue I am willing to go to court.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Are United Cash Loans legal in New York State - I took one out and am about to report them to my Attorney General. Please write me back and let me know.
Thank you.
 31st of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
Are United Cash Loans able to give loans to people in New York State? Please let me know.
Thank you.
 8th of Apr, 2010 by    0 Votes
I had the same problem.. I took a loan out for $400 and so far have paid back $620 and they are saying that I still owe $450 which makes no sense. They said that the $620 is a service fee. I put a stop payment on my acct and they are not allowed to take anymore money from checking. This just happened recently. What should I do to to stop them from harrasing me. Has any one gotten there pay garnished because of this or has any one able to get justice on this so called company?
 18th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree they just royally fucked me over too... this place needs to be shut down...
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
this place is a fraud!! they take your money and still call for more money! do no do business with these people!!
 26th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Warning!!! Unitedcashloans is a real bad company and they need to be put out of business.

I will never use this company and I advise everyone to do the same.

12th of Aug, 2010 by    0 Votes
I just got a call today from a woman claiming that I owe money to United Cash Advance. She stated that if I don't pay a settlement, then she will garnish my wages. The funny thing is that I never took out a loan from them. Or received any info from them about a debt. I am very versed on the legal matters of consumers so I read through her pretty quickly. Why is this going on?

6th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Anyone know how to get out of the loop with them? My husband keeps getting a new loan when he hasn't requested one & then they won't take it back and say he has to pay the fee! This is ridiculous!!
 6th of Sep, 2010 by    +1 Votes
You ghetto hags are all the same, and are the reason my business will prosper. Keep signing the contracts, we'll keep raking in the cash.

You really took out a loan to pay for your child's birthday party? Wow.

It's all in the contract, in black and white. You read it, you signed it, you lose, good day...

Off to sail down to Bermuda, on your McDollar.
 6th of Sep, 2010 by    -2 Votes
Also, just to clarify, I don't work for this particular company, but one like it. The game is the same, though.

You expect free money, and then wonder why you can't pay your rent at the end of the month. A fool and her money are soon parted, so they say...

Contact Us