logo

HORRIBLE SERVICE

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

uhaul repwest insurance, Whitehall, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - claim is not resolved no status provided

uhaul repwest insurance Contacts & Informations

uhaul repwest insurance

Posted: 2011-06-14 by    magdali07

claim is not resolved no status provided

rep west insurance
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
I submitted a claim on 5/27/11 and they have not tried to resolve the claim, I had stored 10 set of mattresses at uhaul at whitehall store on the room 1330 and the roof had a leak and all the mattresses got wet and damaged and there is a meg willauer supposely working on the claim but is not returning my phone calls I spoke with the manager Dave horn and he stated on 6/8/11 that he will check on the claim and return my phone call and today is 6/13 and he did not return my phone call yet. as per the uhaul store in whitehall they have no idea of nothing and they supposely can't do anything for me. the manager on 5/27 stated he was going to move the mattresses for the storage unit to keep them dry until the investigation is done but did not do what the promised.
Comments United States Equipment Leasing & Financing
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Jul, 2011 by   Devestated27 0 Votes
My claim was submitted 6/10/11. The adjuster, Phillip D'angelis stated he can take as long as he wants just as long as he updates me that nothing has changed. I stored ALL my possessions for 2 months while relocating. The roof leaked and I lost just about everything. I am devestated. My kids are sleeping on air mattresses, no dressers to put the survived clothing. Oh ya, and now they cant complete the leak investigation because the unit has been occupied. When I told them how dare they do this to someone else, I was told- well, maybe the roof was fixed. Well then now where is the proof???????????? Contact the Arizona Dept of insurance that regulates them. 602-364-2499 or www.azinsurance.gov. I also filed with the BBB. I will be seeking an attorney next.
 18th of Sep, 2012 by   Degi 0 Votes
Hi, what's happened then? Any result? I had same problem with them. One u-haul truck hit my car when my car was in the parking spot. The driver left me all insurance information and Mr. Jack Sampson from Repwest Insurance company, Arizona asked me to submit several documents. But he elapsed, no reply, never pick up my phone and always on voice mail. And he changed my claim status on u-haul truck claim website closed.
 11th of Dec, 2012 by   asiam 0 Votes
I am going threw the same thing.. i was hit by a u haul truck nov 12th and it is now Dec 11th, rep west have only told me my car is under investigation because some scratches has rust already in them.. this is ridiculous i have never heard anything like this.. I can barely walk my car is unsafe to drive and all they say is "wait until the investigation is over", "we can take as long as we need".. I hope we all see some results asap!
 10th of Jan, 2013 by   Jos8281 0 Votes
I am having the same problem. My car was hit by a woman driving a U haul truck at 2:30 am. The driver took off and I had to chase her down. I got her info and submitted the claim the next morning 11/10/12. Today is exactly two months later and no resolution. I can call any of the extensions at any time for the Arizona branch and all go to voicemail and all my voicemails go un answered. Whenever I do get my adjuster on the phone after basically calling non stop she acts like the busiest person in the world and rushes me of the phone with the same BS answer saying she still needs to speak to the driver of the rental. How hard is it to make a five minute phone call? I am having to drive without a side view mirror because of this BS. Soooooooo F*****G PISSED!
 10th of Jan, 2013 by   asiam +1 Votes
Exactly, i was told the same thing from an adjuster. Thank God the driver and my uncle exchanged info at the scence, because come to find out the lady that hit us says no adjuster or investigator has tried calling her and i had to ask her to call them myself because thats what i was told and they are using it as an excuse not to fix my car. She called weeks ago and im still sitting here with a totaled car!
 13th of Jan, 2013 by   Jos8281 0 Votes
I'm basically having the exact same problem and I also asked the driver to call but no luck as it is next to impossible to get anyone on the phone. Also the driver isn't exactly looking to go out of her way to help me. I don't understand why they need to speak to her if they have all the info. This is the absolute worst company I have ever had to deal with. Several times I have spoken to my adjuster (Wendy Wayne) about contacting the driver and she'll tell me (I'll call her in a few minutes and call you right back). Many days and many calls by me later I finally get her on the phone and she says (oh sorry I've been too busy and haven't called). REAllY? So my claim just isn't important? This company is a complete pile of crap! I will be speaking to an attorney next week.
 16th of Jan, 2013 by   Jos8281 +1 Votes
So i got the cell phone number of the CEO of Uhaul and called to complain about my claim. Where did that get me? Right back to where I was before I called NO WHERE! What a joke.
 30th of Jan, 2013 by   Lisa2013 0 Votes
I can't believe I am reading such similar complaints! I pulled into a parking spot and while my daughter and I were still in the car a Uhaul truck hit the side of my car and took out the drivers side mirror. I pulled out and started high beaming to try to get the driver to pull over. I followed for almost 10 miles (dumb, i know!) and had my daughter call Uhaul and gave the truck # and license plate # and was given the contact number for Rep West Ins. Then called 911 and explained I was following a Uhaul that just hit my car and was told to pull over and stop following the Uhaul. I waited for the police and when they showed up and saw my mirror they said I needed to go back to the town it was hit and file a police report, which I did. Over a month has passed now and I am being told they cannot get in touch with the person who rented the Uhaul because the mail they send keeps coming back but they were doing an information search to try to locate the rented. Today I was told they sent out correspondence and will give the rented 2 weeks to respond and admit guilt or else they will have no choice but to deny me for any compensation for my mirror because of lack of evidence proving the Uhaul hit my car!!! Really?! How can this be legal?
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   asiam 0 Votes
Anyone have any results yet?
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   Jos8281 0 Votes
I finally got paid out for my claim after almost three months. I had to go to the very too of the claims department. I contacted Kathy Dumke-Zappavigna via email. She responded within the hour and then she had the elusive Mr. Jack Sampson call me shortly after. I recommend contacting her with your claim because you won't get any answers or results dealing with anyone else. Her email is on they site but here it is anyway. Klzappavigna@rep west.com Hope this helps.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   asiam 0 Votes
Did u have a lawyer?or u handled everything?
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   Jos8281 0 Votes
I handled it myself but I spoke to my family attorney. I would contact her directly trust me she is the highest you can go. She will get the ball rolling.
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   asiam 0 Votes
i emailed her today, wish me luck!
 19th of Feb, 2013 by   Jos8281 0 Votes
Good luck! Keep us posted.
 1st of Mar, 2013 by   Sandra Byl 0 Votes
I had everything I owned ruined by UHaul storage. I have an 18 inch water mark on a Teak bar, that's not a leaky roof, that's a down pour! I had rodent damage, nests in eaten shoes, mold on everything, clothes ruined, photos and painting irreparably ruined!! My whole life was in storage because I was jobless for 3 years and had to rent a room until I found income. I couldn't afford the extra expense of insurance, I struggled to make the storage rental fee, but I did it and was never late. I finally found work, saved bought a little house, so happy to get my things again and my God, every box came of the rental truck, destroyed, moldy and stunk to high heavens!! Meg Wilauer sent out insurance adjusters, all they could say was "this claim is huge". As soon as she got the picture of the extent of damage, she stopped answering calls, no emails, ran me ragged when she did respond for values of each and every item and then after months of begging her to resolve she tells me my case went to the Marketing Manager for UHaul. What kind of BS is that?? When I questioned who he is and how I get a hold of him, she sends me a rejected letter, I didn't buy the insurance, I am out of luck! I could have left everything in my back yard, saved thousands of dollars and gotten the same result with my things. It sounds like there is a pattern of abuse and unwillingness assume responsibility for their negligence within the whole cooperation. My experience happened in Hanover, MA. The thing is, the roof didn't leak, there was serious damage, they had to have repaired it and did not bother to notify the people who rented storage spaces under the damaged area. You don't get an 18 inch water line from a puddle!! It was floating, why would they ignore the people with units, unless they only notify the people with insurance, those people they will have to pay. My life has not been the same since. Depression, crying jags, lack of sleep, I even fell off a ladder throwing my things in the back of truck to take to the recycle center like so much trash, I ended up in the hospital with my elbow broken in 2 places, my arm will never be straight again. Thank you U-Haul, may all your executives and management rot in hell!!
 6th of Mar, 2013 by   asiam 0 Votes
I did contact Kathy, but since i have a lawyer all she could do was have the adjuster contact my lawyer to say they are still investigating!Ive never known for an investigation to go on so long!!Im praying to God something happens fast.. And same for u Sandra..
 5th of May, 2013 by   Nightmareon1stStreet 0 Votes
Have two of the largest U-Haul rooms available, one for almost fourteen years, the other since last December. They are covered in mice/rat turds, the floors, my belongings -- and the two rooms are not near each other. Refused to pay last two rent fees and expect they may try to lock me out. An adjuster came, took photos (I had taken my own previously), and said the rooms need to be cleaned out. I noted they needed professional cleaners since the vermin turds carry numerous viruses and my belongings need to be cleaned by experts. The adjuster came up with a man hour figure for the work: $311.44. I told the insurance woman I would laugh if situation wasn't so serious and $311.44 wouldn't buy clean-up materials. The hallways have vermin droppings also, but U-Haul mopped the floors before the adjuster came (I have some photos of the turds outside other rooms). This is causing me much anxiety and I am not sure how I will proceed -- legally or going public w/newspapers and/or an action reporter. The insurance company has tried several tactics to insinuate that I caused the problem in both rooms. Anybody have suggestions.
 21st of Jun, 2013 by   king of +1 Votes
This company should be investigated by the Insurance commissioner in the state of Florida. They have a pattern of misleading people when there is a legitimate claim.
 16th of Jun, 2014 by   call smith +1 Votes
I am having the same issues ! My car was parked a U-haul truck hit it tore up the whole front end and drivers side. The person stopped gave me their information we made a police report and called the 1-800 number on the spot! The Repwest claims agent did not want to send out an adjuster ! She said it would cost them to much money !!! She is know saying that she can not locate the driver !! What kind of insurance company is this ??? Now I am waiting for her to investigate !! Whatever !! So angry !!
 23rd of Jun, 2014 by   Tom A. +1 Votes
Rep West Insurance is a complete scam... I had a Tow Dolly and the fender guard rail of the tow dolly made contact with my vehicle... Causing Damage... I reported the claim... had terrible customer service... I had to do all the work jumping threw hoops getting estimates, taking photos, etc. The damage wasn't event that much to repair... I had one estimate as low as $219... I was first told that the damage was too extensive to have happened while my vehicle was being towed and my claim was denied (Basically calling me a lyer) ... and that I should expect a letter in the mail... So when the letter came the reason was different than what was told to me in the email they sent... The letter said that they did not have to pay the claim b/c they are not responsible for improper packing or shifting of items... as if my vehicle was a card board box in the back of a moving truck or something... The uhaul website says safetow... Covers damage to your towed motor vehicle and cargo while being towed with any U-Haul equipment. That apparently is a lie. This company tried to think of every reason possible to not pay a claim... regardless of how much the claim is they will try to weasel out of it anyway possible... SUCH A SCAM!

Marriage Fraud