logo

Product Misrepresentation

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

TWX Magazine, California Complaints & Reviews - False charges against my credit card

TWX Magazine Contacts & Informations

TWX Magazine

Posted:    Cali Man

False charges against my credit card

Time Warner
California
To the "obviously thorough" people who keep writing in suggesting that people are not paying attention. Not reading the fine print, or whatever, I suggesst that you pay a little closer attention to what the complainants are saying. Chances are that you have "no" idea what the complaintants situation is. And if so many people are complaining, then there is definately a consumer problem with both parties from the selling side.

I was checking my account to be sure I had enough to subscribe to Blue Mountain e cards so I could send out cards to friends for Christmas, when I saw a charge that I have no idea how this was done. This is who charged me: TWX*ENTERTAINMENT WKLY
800-828-6882 NY. I have not been offered any subscription. Nor have I received any magazines. I have not called anyone yet, as it is Christmas Eve. Great way to start Christmas though. At 1:32 am. No more Best Buy for me, even though I didn't buy anything there. At least not this year. And time warner? If I know it's a time warner product, unless I have NO choice, I want nothing to do with it. I hope I'm not held up to long on this. And I'll be looking for the class action suit.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!1

PEACE!!!
Comments United States Credit Cards
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jan, 2009 by   Stacy M 0 Votes
I just got hit with the same charge at my bank and I have not authorized any magazines to my credit card either! Thank you for your post as I did not know who they were much less how to find a number to TWX*ENTERTAINMENT. I just disputed this with my bank. Did you get any resolution to your unauthorized charge?
 27th of May, 2009 by   Amaraltx 0 Votes
Same thing just happened to me... the only thing I left the house for this last Saturday was to buy canvases at Texas Art Supply... and I show the Texas Art charge and a $29.95 charge for TIME MAGAZINE both on that same day... and I did not LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR ANYTHING ELSE... I was never OFFERED TIME MAGAZINE, have NEVER subscribed to it... and surely have no intention of subscribing now...

Tomorrow I will be calling my CC and paying Texas Art a visit to talk to the manager..
 15th of Mar, 2011 by   BETTY PETRSEN 0 Votes
oN MY AIRTRAN CREDIT CARD, I WAS CHARGED $24.95 FOR THE TWX ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY ON fEB 08. I DID NOT MAKE THIS PURCHASE. I HAVE CANCELLED THE CREDIT CARD, I HAVE AND NEVER WILL USE IT. I SENT A CHECK FOR THAT AMOUNT TO AIRTRAN IN ORDER TO KEEP INTEREST FROM ACCURING WHILE THE MATTER IS TAKEN CARE OF. PLEASE REFUND THE $24.95 TO ME AS SOON AS
POSSIBLE AND CANCEL ANY ORDER IN MY NAME FOR THIS WEEKLY. THANK YOU. MAY I HEAR FROM YOU CONCERNING THIS ISSUE. BETTY J. PETERSEN WBPETE204@ GMAIL.COM
 30th of Jul, 2014 by   CraigMH 0 Votes
Just spoke to the people at TWX Entertainment Weekly to question the $24.99 charge to my credit card and they said our subscription was set up for automatic renewal. We let our subscription lapse 3 years ago. It pays to check charges to your credit card often. We will get a credit.

Land Register Too Open To Scam