logo

Feldman Law Center
Fradulent Claims to Aquire Clients
4. (12 mins ago)
Direct Buy Membership
Poorly run business and a rip off!
5. (12 mins ago)
SSCSWORLD
A holistic business support from experts

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Sound going off&on

public utilities
Brainerd, Minnesota
Phone: 218-829-0063
Tv two years old and sound going on&off.
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Aug, 2007 by   kimberly 0 Votes
I also purchased a trutech tv from target (where I'll NEVER shop again, a company who can't and won't stand behind any products they sell!!). This TV is JUNK, JUNK, JUNK!!! DON'T BUY THIS BRAND EVER!!! YOU CAN'T EVEN GET A REPLACEMENT REMOTE OR LOCATE A NUMBER FOR THE COMPANY!!! WARNING DON'T BUY THIS BRAND!
 12th of Aug, 2007 by   Colleen P Kronman 0 Votes
I bought a Trutech TV last November(06) to replace an old fashioned magnavox. Needless to say the remote started giving us problems and then the TV broke, no picture, just sound. My husband is ill and housebound, watches a lot of tv, I couldn't get a hold of customer service at all and all the repair shops around here do not fix this brand. Best Buy was wonderful! I bought a new LCD Magnavox with a 4year repair/replace plan and the young woman who helped said it would probably cost more to have the Trutech fixed than to buy a new name brand. Target is good for sanitary stuff, shampoo etc, but do not purchase any Trutech merchandise.
 14th of Aug, 2007 by   jerry 0 Votes
DVD player broke also in 6 months. Don't waste your money!! Brought back to Target and was told to contact the manufacturer. What a waste of time and money. Target should stop selling their equipment.
 18th of Aug, 2007 by   Marcelo Flores 0 Votes
Trutech is suck!!! I bought a Trutech 19inches LCD with DVD... and the DVD isn't working after 6 months and the remote control doesn't read the functions... WARNING... you never shop in target!!!
 20th of Aug, 2007 by   Theresa S 0 Votes
My husband and I bought a Trutech 19" flat screen TV @ Target about 4 months ago and it just died on us last night. We replaced and old model Zenith that is about 15+ years AND still working. We were watching TV and it was like someone just turned it off on us. tried to see if it was the switch or anything, it wasn't. So needless to stay we have our old Zenith back up.

While I do agree not to buy this tv or brand EVER! I do not agree about the target issue, we have shopped at Target for many years and this was the first time we have had any trouble with any product. DON'T BUY THIS EVER!!!
 17th of Sep, 2007 by   Frances Yepez 0 Votes
I purchased a Trutech TV Nov. 06. I was a christmas gift for my son. It has stopped working. All sound no picture. Can't find phone number to manufacture. Piece of #$%^.
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Ricky L Jordan 0 Votes
I bought a TV, DVD combo at Target, (Trutech brand) and it broke 3 weeks after the 90 day warranty was up!
 5th of Nov, 2007 by   Mr Cline 0 Votes
This TruTech lcd is really junk and we all need to hold target to the fire.. I dont know about you all but I do not have money just to give away like that... I was watching my tv when the picture just went out only sound left... this is really some bulls*it..
 4th of Dec, 2007 by   Skye Jacobsen 0 Votes
I brought my TruTech PLV16190 last year on Black Friday and Today December 4,2007 On my T.V. i get a green line going down the side of the screen and even if i was to change the channel it was still there. This is what happens when you buy a cheat product. Dont think the cheaper price is better. You hurt your self in the long run. I reallllllllllllllly hate this T.V. DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
 18th of Dec, 2007 by   mc stevens 0 Votes
DO NOT BUY!! Yes. Outrageously awful product. And not that cheap. From the get-go the DVD player in my Tru Tech sounded like an old motorboat and then after a month would only play DVD's in black and white... so I just watched TV..I also had sound problems with DVD player. I did better with one of those really cheap portable DVD players.
 27th of Dec, 2007 by   patricia borosky 0 Votes
I bought a Tru Tech flat screen television on black Friday, lured by the price and the compact size. Was watching television and it just stopped and screen went blank and tv shut down. Went and got ANOTHER television and the SAME thing happened. Spend a little more, save yourself the trouble. Target's return policy STINKS. I like Target and do shop there, but make darn sure you want to KEEP the item. Review the return policy, it is INSANE.
 30th of Dec, 2007 by   j ebert 0 Votes
How about this one...just purchased a tru tech 19" tv from target today and the picture went out 1/2 way through the DVD my daughter was watching! Yes, a peice you know what ! What a waste if time!
 31st of Dec, 2007 by   S Carlson 0 Votes
Thank you for these comments. I went to Target and stood before all the TV/DVD players. I too was lured by the $379 now $278 price. There was none left on the shelf, so I received a rain check... prices $329.99 (not $379 as stated on the tag) discounted to @278.oo until 12/29/07 only. I took the rain check. I just tore it up after reading all these comments.
 5th of Feb, 2008 by   Anna Hartsfield 0 Votes
I too bought an under the cabinet TruTech TV/DVD/Tuner combo from Target. I replaced an old color GE which I have had for 15 years, and it was working fine. I gave it away and am now without a kitchen TV. I remodeled my kitchen and wanted to update the TV and add other media. The set died completely within 2 months after it was installed, although it was purchased over 6 months ago. It never worked evenly. After emails where the manufacturer said to contact them(which were ignored) and phone calls (put on hold for 3o min, but I wouldn't give up) I finally got a rude salesman who instructed me to dismantle it and send it in if the warranty was still in effect. I also learned that TruTech TVs are made by a company in Hong Kong, so good luck getting it repaired or restitution. Keep these comments/complaints going--someone should listen soon and Target should stop selling this product. It is fraudulent.
 8th of Feb, 2008 by   Megan 0 Votes
I'm having the same problem with it coming up as No Valid Disc for one of my DVDs. I've tried unplugging it in order to reset it because I thought the memory in the player tried to keep loading it on a bad spot on the DVD. It still didn't work for that DVD, but it did for a different one. The audio also went out on mine once. I pressed the Audio button a couple of time on the controller and switch it to 2/3 English or something, and it came back on.
 10th of Feb, 2008 by   james 0 Votes
My husband and I bought this tv/dvd combo last year for X-mas for our 2 daughters. All the sudden the dvd discs don't read. At first it would say no disc to brand new ones and now you can hear it spin but it doesn't do any thing blank screen. DO NOT BUY THIS CRAPPY PRODUCT!!!
 11th of Feb, 2008 by   MJ and Stan 0 Votes
Ugh. Our review of the Trutech TV DVD is a bad one. This TV/DVD was a LAVISH present in our household. At just a year old, purchased from Target, ours died this weekend. Power supply apparently is just kaput, no more, gone, nothing comes on. I don't even have the mental energy to try to go down any "customer satisfaction" road because we all know that road no longer exists. Target won't care. The manufacturer won't care.

Bad TV. We will never buy electronics at Target again. Paper towels, yeah. Anything I expect to last, no.
 11th of Feb, 2008 by   MJ and Stan 0 Votes
The impact on the environment from this "disposable" tv should be criminal. It's disgusting.
 19th of Feb, 2008 by   Melissa 0 Votes
I bought a 32 inch Trutech. Well, no tv shop can work on them and you have to buy a $75.00 box to return it to them and then maybe they can fix it. You have to have kept the book on the tv to even call them because they do not exist other wise. I think Target should stand by what they sell, We all came down on Walmart for having things from Chine, this is not different, people work hard for their money and a store should not supply to the public subpar items. I will not shop at target any longer for the fact that Trutech is their brand only available at Target. They should be held accountable. If any one knows of the proper procedure to file a better business bureau or complaint against Target or Trutech, please advise.

Melissa
 23rd of Feb, 2008 by   Ed Baez 0 Votes
Thank you for the heads up. I was about to purchase a hdtv/dvd/pc monitor with this name brand. After reading all these negative comments there is no way I could possibly throw away my hard earned money.

Job Scams On Craigslist