logo

Disconnect of Reliance Netconnect+

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

trustnet, a financial service company, Arlington, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Award Claim Notification

trustnet, a financial service company Contacts & Informations

trustnet, a financial service company

Posted:    netter1111

Award Claim Notification

trustnet
Arlington, Texas
Phone: 1-323-285-6911
Phony letter informing recipient (my mother) that she is one of the winners in the NORTH AMERICA CONSUMER PROMOTION DRAW organized for customers of Wal-Mart, Sears, Home Depot, Safeway, etc.

Says she was entitled to the US sum of $9, 851.80 which is payable by Certified Check and will be delivered by a courier company. Advised to contact claim agent (has name and number) for further instructions on how to claim her "big winnings." They enclose a check for $985.18 and go onto say "Per your state regulations, a tax amount of $900.00 will be required before your lump sum winning can be sent to you." The tax amount is $900.00. Says "Do not act on this letter until you speak with your claims agent."

The company, trustnet, is based in England. The letter comes on letterhead from Arlington, Texas and the cashier's check is from "Animus Credit Union" in Farmington, New Mexico.

Before she received this in the mail, she was bothered by multiple phone calls each day (hard to understand what they were saying because their English was so poor). When I started asking them questions, they hung up. Then she received this letter. Watch out! This is a total scam!
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2010 by   pechezz 0 Votes
My son also got a check from them and he is only 16 years old. He was happy but I told him it was fake and he was crying. shame on the company.
 10th of May, 2010 by   Laurella1235 0 Votes
I receive the same letter. I got ready to deposit check in my account and my bank told me it will a 19 day hold. My check was drawn off a Dallas Federal Credit Union, I look up the number to the credit union and ask why was there a 19 dy hold on check. I gave the lady the check number she said that is a bogus check we don't have any checks that start off with that check number. She said there are a lot of bogus checks out there with there bank name on it that some company is using. i call the agent on check back and told him what the bank said and he said he the bank told you that read between the line don't try to cash it and said i'm sorry, another words he was trying to tell me since i kept asking so many question it's a scam he was trying to tell me read between the line. Agent number was ontario canada. bank dallas checks. They need to be locked up.I ask him how could you work for a dishonest company. he didn't answer.
 24th of Mar, 2011 by   Karen Yoxall 0 Votes
My mother is 82, in one day she received 13 calls before 1PM from scam people. They do not take no for an answer, they use so many different numbers you can't block all of them. She received the same letter as above but now I check into these things, before she would have been out the money.
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   nolamom 0 Votes
My 12 year old daughter just received the same letter, a poor quality xerox which has the Better Business Bureau logo at the bottom and a Canadian address. I guess they're hoping that parents don't open their kids' mail?

AIG Fraud Perpetrated on the U S by Dodd Franks amp Pelosi