logo

ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
3. (24 mins ago)
BLS international services canada
No response on phone or on time process
4. (33 mins ago)
Credit Score Kings
He Stole Our Money
5. (47 mins ago)
Shenzhen Yamay Digital Electronics
Don’t buy from them – no info and orders as well

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Fraud

Country Inn and Suites by Carlson
2321 N Lacrosse St, Rapid City, SD 57701
Rapid City, South Dakota
TripAdvisor has this hotel listed as #2 business hotel but when we stayed over Easter weekend, the place was appalling. I placed a negative review on the website and shortly after they pulled it. 2 weeks later it was reposted with lies by the General Manager saying we did not stay at his hotel. My wife contacted him, even got an apology from him but his lies are still posted saying we never stayed at his hotel. If you look closely at the website, there are an inordinate amount of positive postings for this place as if they have all been fabricated by the Manager. The negative ones have been removed, like mine. I stayed, have all the receipts, and it was hell. I reported them to the South Dakota Attorney General's Office and I suggest you do too if you experience the same. I propose TripAdvisor is in bed with this hotel manager generating false positive reviews to generate business. In a word, FRAUD.
Comments United States Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

4th of Jun, 2011 by   AverageJoe742 0 Votes
I had the same experience with TripAdvisor on another hotel, Harpers Valley Resort in Kimberling City, MO.
I had a nighmare of a time there, to put it very briefly.
I posted my review and it disappeared. I found out that TripAdvisor uses your review to in effect shake down
the facility. "Not a member? Join up and pay or we will publish bad review." If you are a member and an advertiser,
they will not let bad reviews be posted oftentimes.
As Consumers Reports always said: You cannot trust rating sources like these that accept advertising. Thats why C.R. never did.
 5th of Jun, 2011 by   gunfighterkid 0 Votes
Myself and wife have made several positive reports on hotels and submitted them to Tripadvisor only to NOT have them published.
Upon enquiry the hotel in questiion HAD NOT agreed to pay tripadvisor money for some sort of promotional contract. Therefore the good reports were not being published...hotel in question knows of a number of happy guests that wrote positive reports and these too were never published...only negative ones. Tripadvisor seems totally biased towards companies that pay them money...the reports they publish are therefore biased and not trustworthy..I am distgusted...I actually got them to publish one by threatening to blog this sort of complaint across the net if they didnt publish!! They are a total fraud in my opinion.

Student Falls For Nigerian Fraud