Timeshare Express Services

Posted:

Fraudulant company

Timeshare Express Services
I received a phone call from this company (suspect my number was given to them by RCI) and they stated they already had a buyer for my timeshare. I should have known better. They gave me an unrealistic price for my timeshare saying that the buyer was already willing to pay this amount. Beware. Once they send you papers to "market" the timeshare, they want their fee up front $1650.00 which I agreed to. Stupid on my part. You are never again able to talk to the guy who calls you and usually, when you call the company, you never talk to the same person. Each person you do get to talk to goes into length detail on the process so it seems real. However, several months down the road, when you have had papers notarized and send back to them, you never hear from them. Instead, you call them and they tell you the process is still being worked on. After about six months, you call them and get only an answering machine and their "agents" never call you back. After contacting my credit card company, Timeshare Express Services calls you again trying a second time to scam you out of more money. TIMESHARE EXPRESS SERVICES...DON''T ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALLS FROM THIS COMPANY...IT IS FRAUDULENT!!!
Complaint comments Comments (62) Complaint country United States Complaint category Scam & Fake Checks

Comments

17th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
To all timeshare owners,

I am writing this to all people who are timeshare owners and have been called, asked or inquired to sell their timeshare. I am giving all of you who find themselves in this situation some useful advise and telling you that they all are a scam. No matter how they sugar-coat the process to not sound like the other companies that have burnt you or tried to burn you, they all are the same. These so-called timeshare resale companies are about as real as Bigfoot. They are companies that say they have a buyer for you and that buyer has put a down-payment or is in the process of loan approval. Then you are asked to pay anywhere from $500.00 to $2000.00. They tell you, depending on the type of scam they are running, that the money you are paying is not up front. The company that is running a listing scam, will tell you that the money is for your paperwork that the seller (you) is responsible for. This includes the title search and transfer, the esstopel letter, the owner verification, deed search and transfer and etc. What they really do is take that money and pay the sales agent you speak to on the phone 15-30% of that money and the company keeps the rest. Now some companies actually list your property on their website, but it will never sell. Nobody buys timeshares on the internet, its not likely at all. Everything these people tell you is a flat out lie. Why do you think they stress the fee so much. There are also other companies like Timeshare Express Services that tell you that they have a family from a referal service who did not purchase a timeshare on the tour, but some time later decides they want to buy one. The so-called loan officer is the one calling you and says that there is a family interested in your property and asks if you want to sell. If you say yes, they will call you back with an offer. If you accept the offer, then they will proceed to put the family that is buying the timeshare, through the loan approval process. The loan officer will wait a while for it to seem that they are really putting this family through financing. After 45 minutes to 2 hours, they will call you back with GREAT news. " THE FAMILY HAS BEEN APPROVED!" That's what they will tell you and then that's when they hit you with the fee. If you ask them to take it from the sales price, they will rebudle with, " We can't take it off the back end, it would be viewed as taking a commission." " If we take a commission, we would be violating federal regulations." That is just another lie they are feeding you. I learned all of this the hard way and also had an ex co-worker who worked for this company. They not only ripoff innocent people, but they apparently ripoff their own employees. So take my advise, if Timeshare Express Services or any other company posing as a timeshare resale company calls you, HANG UP THE PHONE!!! Don't give them any of your precious time or money. If you feel compelled to talk to them, ask them for their website and Google their company name or check the B.B.B. They might say they are registered with the O.B.B., that's the online business bureau. That's not the same as the B.B.B., they just pay the O.B.B. to have an A rating. Don't be fooled or ripped off. Try to sell your timeshare through the resort or company you bought it from. That is the safest way. Thank you and good luck to you.
 19th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I'VE SOLD MY WESTGATE TIMESHARE, THROUGH TIMESHARE EXPRESS SERVICES IN 2008. I HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THEM OTHER THAN THE FACT THEY TOLD ME I WOULD BE CLOSING IN 60 -90 DAYS. IT TOOK A LITTLE UNDER 4 MONTHS( ABOUT 110 DAYS, BUT NONE THE LESS I RECEIVED MY CHECK AFTER THE RESORT WAS PAID OFF. IF YOU COULD OF HAVE SEEN MY FACE WHEN I FINALLY RECEIVED MY CHECK, A SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR. ESPECIALLY AFTER TRYING TO SELL IT THROUGH LISTING COMPANIES FOR 3 YEARS. IF YOU WANT YOUR PROPERTY SOLD I WOULD DEF. USE TIMESHARE EXPRESS SERVICES.

THANKS T.E.S.,
DAVE T.
 20th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
The compliment by Dave T. is obviously someone who works for that company, Timeshare Express Services. I paid my $1650 and have not heard anything from them and its been a little over 6 months. Needless to say that I was taken advantage of and I'm just cutting my loses. I call, leave a message and never get called back. Don't let them do the same to you.

yours truly,
Beth
 21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
obviously this sounds like a disgruntled employee
 21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I went to do a research on the net after I got a call from them and I found this page. I conclude easily that the caller is a scammer trying to steal money from me. Then I waited till the representative to call me back to smack them.

When she did call me, I confronted her about how she can live scamming people. Then she says she has no idea what I'm talking about and that their company is A+ rating. Really, b**ch? The F rating is just for a disguise of how good your company is then.

http://www.bbb.org/delaware/business-reviews/timeshare-companies/timeshare-expre... />
She then expressed that their business is legit and that they have sold to thousands of customers. She really doesn't sound like she has any guilt in doing any of this.
It really just sounds like a regular role call to her. That is, ripping money out of people

Well, F**K you and your company and I hope the rest of your life is ruined.

If you have a spare time, call her up and f**k her.

Jasmine Medina
302-724-6093 X124
 21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
oh Dave T., you obviously work for them.
I hope you will get scammed in return for all the easy money that you have earned through scamming.
God bless you.
 25th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
They helped us sell a couple of properties over 19 months. Never an issue with our timing. Strong customer support. We lost money to two companies prior that lied to us but our Rep James was an expert in his industry. Hope this helps explain. Good day all . Sue
 27th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Can does who answer provide verifialble facts and details ...

Gilles
 28th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
I fully agree with the Original Poster and other posters that have posted comments. I was called at end of December 2009 and was informed by a sales person at TES that they have a buyer for my timeshare. Well it has been 5 months since that call and I have not yet closed on my timeshare sale. I paid my $ 1, 640.00 in December 2009. They(TES) keeps giving me excuses as to why we have closed on my sale. The best thing to do at the advise of my attorney, is for you to file for mail fraud, file a complaint with FCC and the Delware US Attorney office because they have committed fraud and misrepresented facts across state lines. I am going to do this next week myself. TES is a fraud and a scam and it is pretty obvious.
 2nd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I agree 1000% percent with this complaint. I received a call the last week of May 2010 from TES asking if I wanted to sell my timeshare because they had potential buyers. I went throught the whole process but never could get rid of that gut feeling telling me something didn't seem right. I googled TES and found this complaint. It is exactly what they were telling me. They had buyers locked in financing and I had to pay $1850 up front for title fees and so forth and then I would have to get all this paperwork noterized and then I would get my check in 60-90 days. They were even so nice to get $1850 more out of the buyers so I could use it to pay my credit card off. Luckily for me, I had went as far as give them my info and my first 12 numbers on my CC, they said their verification dept. would have to call and get the last 4 numbers of my card and verify my info. In between calls is when i researched them and found many complaints and this one in particular. I was able to cancel the transaction and wasn't out $1850. I also spoke with my Bluegreen sales associate, and he reaffirmed that you should never pay money up front to sell a timeshare, always use commission based companies. He suggested Pinnacle or Century 21. The biggest red flag to me was that they wouldn't or couldn't show me any paperwork verifying that my timeshare was sold and that I was 100% certain I would be getting my money. Here are some other red flags to maybe help someone else from getting scammed. 1. They called me back and told me that the buyers agreed to buy it and the dollar amount was more than what I had even said I would sell it for, NOT Likely. 2. The dollar amount they said I would receive would have doubled what I paid for it 4 years ago, and even in a down economy, NOT Likely. 3. The buyers "agreed" to purchase with very limited knowledge of what they were exactly getting. They knew how many points I had and how much my fees cost, but didn't know accrual dates or any specific info, NOT Likely. It would basically be the same as me having a 2005 red Chevrolet Z71 V8 worth $15000 and asking someone if they wanted to buy a red truck for $30000. Thanks to this post I didn't let greed override good judgement.
 3rd of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thanks much.
 17th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I received a call from Time Share Express Services tonight and decided to check them out on the web. Well, from the responses, I am so glad I did!!! Thanks a million to you all.
 21st of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thank you all for this info!!! Have been called by this company three times in three days. Went through all the same spiel and voila they say someone wants to buy it for more than we paid for it! No, I did not fall for it! Thanks to all of you! If it's real no one would desperately be tryin to get out of their timeshares. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Wish we could leave bad comments on their website to warn others!
 26th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
If you get a call from Timeshare Express Services, hang up on them! Do not waste a second of your time on them, they are trying to scam you! I, unfortunately, found this out the hard way! I am not going to bore you with the details of what happened but only tell anyone who reads this post not to be fooled by them. They will tel you everything they think you want to hear up front but nothing will ever come from it other then loss of your hard earned money. Timeshare Express Services is a fraudlant company who only wants to steal your money from you.
 26th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
OMG!!! Ive read all of these complaints but i just received my check yesterday for 22.640 dollars and I am so excited but im even more happier that im finally done paying the maintenance fees on my unit, for no reason because last time i used my timeshare was 3 years ago when i bought it at Westgate... But everyone has their own opinion about everything. I would definitely give Timeshare Express Services a call when i need to sell my Cancun property
 27th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Wbauer12, if this really happened to you then that is terrific. I, however, am having a difficult time believing it as this is a complaints board. If you are so happy with them who is it that you would find a complaints board, why would you even look for me? There is no way to know for sure if this did work out for you or if you are a paid employee asked to put a positive response in here in order to try and give people a false sense of security that this is a legitimate company. If they do indeed sell my timeshare as they promised they would after all of the lies I have caught them in then I will be the first to retract my negative comment above and happily post that they did indeed do as they had promised they would.
 30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
Are all of you commenters referring to Timeshare Express Services with the web address, www.timeshareexpressservices.com, based in Wilmington, DE; or are some of you describing your experiences with a different organization by the same name, but with the web site address: www.timeshare-express-services.com? For the latter there seems to be no contact info. Their web page ask for yours if you click within one of the vacation destinations. bettes10
 30th of Jun, 2010 by    0 Votes
I am referring to the first one based in Wilmington.
 1st of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Just for everyone's record here, the Online Business Bureau is a sham website in and of itself. I have attempted to file a complaint there against a company, but have had no response from either party in three weeks! Also, this company's profile still has an A+ rating with no outstanding complaints!! BS, I just filed one. The bottom line is that any company that affiliates itself with the OBB is trying to hide something.

Even the Better Business Bureau (BBB) knows better. They have given the OBB a C+ rating, which is basically a STAY AWAY warning to consumers. Just thought I'd pass this information on.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by    0 Votes
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I just hang up with one of their representatives and I was about to seal the deal when I decided to just do a little bit of more searching and I read ths. Tim, their representative, call me back 10 mnts later and I explained him we decided not 2 proceed. He asked me why I make him wasted his time and I told him "I believe u were the one weisting my time! chekout the complaints board web page and ull see what Im talking about. After that he just hang up! so THANK YOU!...What was really weird in the process they were not provide any documentation but a email that read as follow:

Thank you JESUS & DEBRA ALVEREZ for requesting information,

We thank you for considering our service for the sale of your timeshare property. Our experience has provided us the expertise to handle your timeshare in a more efficient manner. We have invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in a proprietary, state of the art, computer system that allows us to handle your timeshare property with professionalism and efficiency. Our system also allows the client to see the status of their timeshare in real time, to provide real peace of mind. Our expert staff operates from our 5000 square foot sales center here in Wilmington.

If you own a timeshare, think back to how you bought it. You probably bought it at the resort. Timeshare Express Services is changing the way people buy timeshares. Our goal is to educate our customers, so they know exactly what they are buying. We want to make the process as easy as possible. At Timeshare Express Services, we can sell and market any timeshare property anywhere in the world to millions of potential buyers.

We will be placing your timeshare at BLUEGREEN on the market (why my timeshare will be placed on the market if you already have a buyer) within 48 hours. With a sale in place, (I though there was one in place already) we will send you to closing within 72 hours. The selling price will be $25, 000.00 and you will receive that total amount within 60 to 90 business days once sold. Our company policy is to help our customers market and sell their property in a timely fashion.

Is Now a Good Time To Sell My Timeshare?

Billions of dollars sold industry-wide proves that now could be the BEST TIME to sell timeshare. The timeshare industry has experienced tremendous growth over the last decade and many analysts predict continued growth in the decade to come. With the cost of hotel rooms on the rise, many families are considering the purchase of a timeshare as a way to lock-in today's prices for their future vacations. This means current sellers can take advantage of the surge in buyer momentum by placing your timeshare on the market today.

Check out our good recommendation on the OBB!
Timeshare Express Services has been recently rated A+ as a highly recommended company.

TIM CAREY
Your Timeshare Express Services Agent
877-410-5707
302-724-6094
Ext: 206
info@timeshareexpressservices.com
Fax: 877-239-0766

Another thing is that the email address they provide is generic...why? I guess they just change the name the amount of money and hit send...DO NOT TRUST THIS PEOPLE!

Contact Us