logo

UVOCORP
scammer
2. (10 mins ago)
PLDT / PHONE+DSL INSTALLATION
Failed to install on promised date
3. (27 mins ago)

Timeshare By Owner
7111 Grand National Drive
Orlando, Florida
timesharesbyowner.com
Timeshares By Owner contacted us a year and a half ago. We were assured that our timeshare located in Scottsdale AZ would sell in a matter of months. We started our property out at $12000 dollars on their recommendation. We have since dropped our price to $999. No calls yet!! We have however received multiple calls from Timeshares By Owner offering to advertise more or sell our property auction style for $800 more. WAIT!!! I already paid them $450 to advertise this property and they can't even do that. Why would I give them more money?!!

DO NOT USE TIMESHARE RESELL COMPANIES OR ADVERTISING COMPANIES. WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF TWICE NOW BY TWO DIFFERENT COMPANIES. JUST SAY NO!!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

26th of Aug, 2008 by   Bukola Adeoye 0 Votes
I have being defrauded by this comapny too. i was promised a sale before my credit card bill was due. that would have ben 30 - 45 days and when i contact them after 30 days to cancel, i was told i had 7 days to cancel. I was never told of a 7 day time frame to cancel. How could I cancel in 7 days if I was promised a sale in 30 days? These people contacted me saying they resell timeshare for Wyndham, the chain that owns the timeshare I’m trying to sell. The representative named Laura, called me several times and told me that they have buyers waiting to buy my Bonne creek property. I was told it will be sold before my credit card bill came due. I did not make this statement up. I can list my timeshare for sale myself on craigs list or a local news paper for nothing. I did not sign up with them to just forever list that time share. THAT IS BULL! It is straight up fraud and false advertising.
 9th of Sep, 2008 by   C. Moorehead +1 Votes
I listed my Maui timeshare property with Timeshares by Owner from the San Clemente office and they sold it in 34 days!!! Very happy with their services. Would highly suggest them to anyone.
 30th of Oct, 2008 by   Sense7@alltel.net -1 Votes
I have listed 3 units for Daytona 500 raceweek. I leave numerous messages and never get return calls. I have dropped the price of each by $500 from which they orig. suggested. Their service is awful!!!
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   Kathy +1 Votes
I agree with the dissatisfied people. I have been waiting for 2 years with no offers. Now I can't even get back the price I paid for them in the beginning. All they do is make empty promises and get richer. Stay away from this company or BEWARE.
 20th of May, 2009 by   dan +1 Votes
Pretty much the same, charge to list your property with the promise to sell, nothing happen for 2 years then they called wanting more money for a special program they were running guaranteeing to sell just like the first time. This is just a rip-off . Very rude when you call them on there scam. Located at 7111 Graham National Drive, Orlando Fl. 32819 sale persons name Joshua Schmidt which is probably Fake.
Beware they are scammers
 3rd of Jun, 2009 by   william duke III +1 Votes
This a complete rip off!!! I was contacted by timesharesby owner and they promised me they would sell my time share within 90 days for $599.00 and if they couldn't they would refund my money. Well that was a faudulent lie. As a matter of fact everytime I call the operator says she will transfer me to someone who can help and it goes straight to a answering machine and they never return my calls. Also located at 7111 Graham National Drive, Orlando Fl. 32819
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   Moore622 +1 Votes
I am very happy that I reviewed the complaints here on TimeShare By Owners, same location (with the exception of one nice comment, which is over ruled here). I was recently contacted by someone offering me to be apart of the Renter's Program. He made it sound so sweet and simple - stating that they were short of owners willing to rent their property for Superbowl 2010 and that I could rent 1 week for 5, 100.00 (negotiable). What really took the cake is when he stated that he had offers lined up already; but after I paid a nice $800 agreement fee, he stated that he would call me on Monday (7/13) with the offers (since there was a Superbowl showcase over the weekend). I thought wow, this is great - I will use my points to rent a week stay at a nice resort in the Fort Lauderdale area during Superbowl 2010 for at least $4, 500.00. Why not! Well come Monday, I received a phone call all right, but it wasn't with any offers, which I brought up - of course. The call was like a 'rush me off the phone' type - as he stated, "I should have offers for you by the end of next week, as we are going to contact the renters and see when they want to travel." WHAT! - wait a minute - something is not right here...I realize that this was an advertisement only, so I am happy that I did further research to cancel this within the seven days. I can rent my property my own for Free!! Yes, be aware of the scams out there, especially in today's economy - I'm sure no one wants to give away money for nothing.
 15th of Sep, 2009 by   Patti R +1 Votes
I am sorry but I have to disagree with the most of you as I listed my timeshare in Myrtle Beach, SC with TimesharesByOwner and they called me with several offers within 3 weeks . I accepted the 3rd offer and had my check in 2 weeks after that. I think some of you may have this company confused with another as I have been contacted by many companies with very simaliar names who did make outlandish claims that they had someone waiting to buy it right there. How could you have someone waiting to buy something tythat they do not even know is for sale yet? The agents at Timesharesbyowner were always very nice and couteous to me and i would reccomend them to anyone who owns a timesahre but is unable to use it for whatever reason.
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   Robert M. -1 Votes
My experience was absolutely negative. But there may be a ray of hope for others. To make a long, confusing, irritating story short, during my initial consultation, the unscrupulous salesman promised me several services that were designed to sell my time share. I checked in with him after 6 weeks but had to leave him a message because he was "busy." I myself got busy and forgot about the message I had left until I received a call from another one of their wonderful salesmen asking if I wanted to upgrade my account. The problem was that he was offering me the EXACT same services that I was initially offered. For only $399.00. I told him that my initial salesman already promised me such servies and he said that was not possible. He the offered to reduce the price to $349.00. I was touched, but also very pissed. So, I called my initial salesman again and had to leave a message. Luckily, the initial salesman had given me his cell phone number, so I called him up. He told me that he had left the company and then hung up on me. What a wonderful, caring person.
I tried to contact the company, but all I could do was leave unreturned messages. So, and here is what I would recommend people explore, I contacted my credit card and disputed the charge. In reply to the dispute I received a nice set of notes from Time shares by owner about how it was on ebay and their website. So, I replied that I did not doubt that it was on ebay and the website but that the other services I was promised were not being fulfilled since my salesman was gone and no one would call me back. I won the dispute but even better TSBO lost! If you have not given the company any money, save your time. You are better off buying lottery tickets. If you have, try to dispute the charge. In the mean time, I will continue to wonder how TSBO employees sleep at night.
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   RrB +2 Votes
I must agree with all of these except the positive on, I assume that that was written by one of there agents. This company is a total scam. Anyone giving them money will lose it and receive nothing in return.
 29th of Oct, 2009 by   chuckz +1 Votes
I completely agree with the opinion of this company. My experience was actually a little different, I did write to cancel within the 7 day period, but the same day I canceled, my wife was called by an agent asking if we would drop our price to 4900.00 because we had someone interested in renting. I was stupid enough to fall for this and re subscribed only to find out there was no renter and now I am too late to cancel. I am contacting lawyers to see if I can do anything about this company. anyone else who has had similar experiences please let me know.
 2nd of Nov, 2009 by   Jeff 0 Votes
100% agree, all of them Universal, Creative, Worldwide, etc etc...ALL SCUM
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   TimeshareDummy 0 Votes
Hopefully you are reading this BEFORE you fall for the scam these people have to offer. I also believe the only positive feedback was left by the companies own reps. I too fell for the sales pitch, believing there were numerous people waiting to buy my timeshare, and I could even double my money!? Well you guessed it, It cost me money and I still have a timeshare to sell. Beware.
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   DLEEB 0 Votes
Just recieved another call from them they satated they had a new program and a different company was looking to by shares. But of course they wanted me to give then $1100, 00 plus dollars up front which of course I would recieve when they sold my timeshare, Didn't fall for it twice. Then of course they had nothing more to say to me and when I ask to talk to a manager they reffered me to a different number, whith ext 177 and when you say that ext, you get contacted to a answer machine with no one in and never return your calls.
 2nd of Dec, 2009 by   kimi0335 0 Votes
I agree with you all ... I was told that my property would sell in a matter of days because they had a extravaganza coming up... I wasn't told the seven day thing.. now its been 4 months I recieved not a bit of contact until today and they wanted more money for me to advertise to renters... YEAH RIGHT!! I want out of the time share because I cant afford it like I can afford to give them more money??
 9th of Dec, 2009 by   josh12345 -1 Votes
i also have been taken by time share by owners...i was called by gmac...they told me that i could get my money back from them ...i told them yea ok at first but again i tryed my luck... they also asked for a up front fee but it was for a life time membership so i can get my unused time rented out every year. i didnt want to but gave in...i recieved offers for rentals within a mnth so im tellin you these people time share bye owners are a rip off if you have had them im tellin you, y agent from gmac helped me get my mny back i bet h an help you you to... i want to make this company go broke so his number is 888 750 4622 ex 154 he helped me ...
 12th of Dec, 2009 by   jamiea 0 Votes
I was looking to do business with Timeshare By Owners and saw this, then I realized that there is Timeshare By Owners, Timeshares By Owner, Timeshare By Owner, timesharebyowners.com, timesharesbyowner.com, timesharebyowners.net, etc the list goes on, so please be specific in the company you dealt with. I guess the company at the top of the page is who you all are talking about but have just used different names.

I'm going with Timeshare By Owners since I haven't heard anything bad about them... yet. And they are advertising to Pay Me to List My Property. How do you say no to that?

Anyway I guess I'll start one of these if I have a bad experience.
 4th of Jan, 2010 by   KRMMAM 0 Votes
I received a call from someone with Timeshares by Owner last month, and after listening to the whole speech, they told me there was an upfront fee. I immediately told them I was not interested anymore (I've been told to NEVER EVER pay a company a fee up front to list your TS) and we ended the call.

I just received another call from the same company, from someone named Diana who said she was the supervisor of the person I spoke with originally (Courtney). She said Courtney is no longer with the company and so she wanted to call me to follow up and see if I still wanted to sell/rent my TS. I told her that I was, but not if I have to pay a fee up front. She asked me what fee I was told, I honestly I couldn't remember. She said that they usually charge something like $1, 200. And I said yeah, no thanks... not interested.

She then proceeded to tell me that they have a "showcase" coming up this weekend and are in dire need of 25 properties to have by this Friday morning at 9:00. She asked me if I would reconsider if she could drop the fee. I said possibly, depending on what it is. She put me on hold to go speak with "her supervisor" and came back with a fee of $424 (instead of the original $1, 200 she wanted) with the condition that I'd have to give a written testimonial after they rent/sell my property, and also give my name and phone # to 2 other Westgate Resorts owners (I own at Westgate).

And to top it off, they keep telling me they can sell my TS for $18, 000+ (that that's the going rate). Yeah right... I didn't even purchase it for that much 5 years ago!

I told her I'd have to think about it and talk it over with my husband, but after Googling reviews on them and coming across this site, I'm not even thinking twice about it. They won't get my money!!
 8th of Feb, 2010 by   JannieG53 0 Votes
I agree. I had a similar experience and am glad that I did not go with them. I was contacted by Timeshares By Owner and set up an appointment for an evening call so both my husband and I could be on speaker phone.. They did not keep the appointment and called 1.5 hours late. I did not answer cuz we were in bed. Then today the same young man called again and I said we were not interested in doing business with them if they could not keep a phone appt. He said he was on the sales floor and that is why he was late-Well, during original call said he worked out of his home-so? Anyway, I then wished him well and he got very rude and yelled and said it was not him who needed "luck" it was me who needed luck to sell my timeshares. Oh my! If he treats a person who says no so rude, why would I want to do business with them? Beware!
 10th of Feb, 2010 by   dumb dumb beth 0 Votes
we were dumb once to buy a time share to begin with-why are we dumb twice-high pressure sales can get us to do anything-they keep calling until we give in with pitches full of lies that sound too good to be true and of course they are-there should be a law against this!!!just remember if any company wants you to pay up front it is a scam!!!

Start Thinking About Year-End Tax Moves Now