logo

ripoff

CuteKid.com
Keep charging $20 for NOTHING. SCAM CONTEST. RIPOFF CUTE KID CONTEST SCAM
Comments United States Kids & Baby
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More thecutekid.com complaints
thecutekid.com - Scam

Comments

20th of May, 2010 by   KPET -1 Votes
The CuteKid™ is the internet's largest and most respected child photo contest and parent network. Our CuteKid™ Contests are the only online contests scored by Entertainment Industry Professionals, top Talent Scouts, and Casting Agents.

TheCuteKid allows members to upload and save images to your CuteKid account for FREE. CuteKid members have the benefit of accessing parenting resources, savings and receive talent and casting agent exposure. You do not have to enter a contest to be seen by our registered talent agents. Once an agent's application has been accepted, they are given access to our database of photographs only. They do not have access to your personal information. When an agent discovers a CuteKid he/she would like to contact, they have the ability to contact you through our system and forward the email to TheCuteKid member email address that the account was established with. If you are interested in learning more about the opportunity at that point, you will need to take action and contact the agent directly.

If you would like to join a contest, there is a $19.95 fee per photo to enter into our monthly contests for a chance to win prizes and exposure, please see http://www.thecutekid.com/prizes.php.
 5th of Jun, 2010 by   THECUTEKID IS A TOTAL SCAM +1 Votes
i totally AGREE - THECUTE KID IS A SCAM!!! stay far, far away - i very foolishly paid the $19.95 to "enter" my child in the conest and then kept receiving emails from them urging me to enter that month's contest. when i brought this up with customer service and asked for a refund, since my child was obviously NOT ENTERED in their total b-s contest, i was sent a reply with a very complicated 12 step process to locate my photo online, as if this was supposed to somehow prove entry. i was a fool to give them my money - thinking that the free 11x14 canvas print of my photo that they were offering for the entry would be worth the 20 bucks anyway. well, guess what?? the canvas print is not free - the shipping and handling is $16.95!!! THE CANVAS PEOPLE AND THECUTEKID SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN IMMEDIATELY - THEY ARE A TOTAL TOTAL SCAM!!! DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT MS. "I GET PAID TO DEFEND THECUTEKID" UP ABOVE HAS TO SAY - IT IS ABSOLUTELY, 100% A SCAM. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! don't learn the hard way like i did!!!
 8th of Dec, 2010 by   New dad2 +1 Votes
i just signed up for this total bs site. My thought process was that 20.00 is not that much of a risk. Then I see they charged me 60.00 dollars. I am in the process of complaining now. this site is a rip off.
 20th of Jan, 2011 by   Emily D. 0 Votes
Cutekid is just downright unprofessional! I sent 5 emails pleading for someone, anyone to get back with me and answer my questions!A complete month passed and still not a single person contacted me!When I asked if their honorable mentions received any sort of prize because the sneak peeks did and I thought that the honorable mentions should get something, I got a nasty email saying "In case you didn't know honorable mentions are...and we at Cutekid decided that as of the month of Jan.the top honorable mentions will receive ...BS DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!
 26th of Feb, 2011 by   VeryUnhappyMama 0 Votes
I completely agree!! TheCuteKid charged me $20 to enter the Gap Casting Call. Turns out I could've entered through the Gap for free and worst of all I found out my photo was never submitted to GAP!! SCAM ARTISTS. STAY FAR AWAY FROM THEM!!
 22nd of Apr, 2011 by   anonymousMom 0 Votes
SCAM! I signed up so I could enter my son in the contest, but had a change of heart when I got to the part where they wanted $20 out of me. Now I get e-mails every other day saying my son was a "chosen finalist." That's funny, seeing as how I never oficially entered him in their stupid contest!
 6th of Jul, 2011 by   mommy_11 0 Votes
glad I did my research !!! I was thinking to sign up my baby for the photo contest, but when I read all this complaint I changed my mind.
 22nd of Jul, 2011 by   LuLu1111 0 Votes
I also researched this before purchasing and glad I did. I figured it was a rip off. I can't believe it doesnt say anyhing in fine print about the s&h for the canvus photo!!
 19th of Aug, 2011 by   shellsey 0 Votes
i joined the vip membership and am finding it useless. I'm being charged 9.95 every month. i've emailed them 5 time with no reply. any one know of any other way of contacting them?
 25th of Aug, 2011 by   Doggymomm 0 Votes
I summited a picture of my dog and got a email saying my kid was a finalist scam scam scam!!
 9th of Nov, 2011 by   ctodd123 0 Votes
I was thinking about joining the cute kids, and am glad that I did some research! After reading all these complaints, I'm staying far away! Thanks for the reviews!
 26th of Jan, 2012 by   missesmaybe 0 Votes
Well I joined their facebook page after visiting their site. I thougth that facebook would clear it up but to be honest it made me even more weary of them. The first being they have about 122, 000 friends they consitanly ask what is your sucess story? Outta all those people less than 6 usually comment and only 2 of those comments are sucess stories. And often they are fighting with the people who thinks it's a scam. And it's the same families who comment i havent seen anyone new say anything for a long time. And if they are breeding child stars like that where are all the positive reviews with pictures and or comp cards or whatever? Also I wonder how much work people are actually finding threw them? Example. You submit your kid to cute kid (not vip) you are now a member of cutekid not a paid member but a member. Now later you see a contest for old navy on (old navys website) you submit a photo. Your lucky and your child wins. I think they take the credit for that which is misleading. Because your a member of cute kid they market you as if you got the gig threw them but really you got it on your own. LIke last year wtih the gap all "cute kids won really? no what they mean is all the kids who won the gap contest happened to have joined the cutekid website. I am still a member cause i have not closed my account but i want to because i dont want the cutekid to be able to have the right to say they helped me do anything with modeling.
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   ladyparents2 0 Votes
I entered my baby on 12/31/11 just before the year end. I made him a vip profile and addeded my 2 older kids. They didn't give me the 30days free vip profile but changed me $29.85 for the first child I entered and $9.95 for each of my older children. Is almost a total of $50.00 I lost... wow, what a rip off.
If u enter you credit card info they will charge every month.
Don't do that!!!
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   stacan 0 Votes
I agree this site is a scam, they just recently gave a option that says " do not enter", but once you click on this option, you are automatically sent to "the canvas people" who offers you a free photo canvas. This option then tells you that the canvas is free, but then you can't go any further unless you pay a 17.95 shipping and handling fee. You can't hit the back key if so you receive a message from Internet explorer stating error, your only option is to close your Internet browser. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM. These scam artists only review the negative comments and try to cover the errors on their site to make it appear that it is not a scam. BE AWARE DO NOT USE!!!
 17th of Apr, 2012 by   whitesnow -1 Votes
This site is a SCAM. I didn't know that the free trial of VIP will be followed by a monthly fee. And just realized tonight that they charged my credit card for the last 3 months for something that I didn't intend to pay. They even didn't send any invoice to my register email address. I just sent a cancellation request with no hope for them to reply, after reading some complaints in this board. I will just cancel my credit card so that they will charge me no more. Trying to find their phone number in their website with no luck. As I don't live in USA it's quite annoying to find out that I've been ripped off!!
 9th of Nov, 2012 by   Naheed Choonawala 0 Votes
i'm glad i read the report on this site. Thanks to everyone else i wud've paid them the 20$
 2nd of May, 2013 by   liyrahe 0 Votes
hi i recently entered my son's photo in the cute kid contest but as soon as i entered his photo they automatically wanted me to pay them 20 dollars upfront to finish entering hem in the contest so i decided not to do it because i was wondering if the sight was a scam or not then i went on the internet and started doing research on the cute kid contest and it has multiple complaints let me tell you I'm so glad i did otherwise i would have gotten scammed and ya they still offer the VIP membership and they sent you a free magazine supposedly when you first enter for a couple months i don't biy that for a second honestly i thank all they want to do is promote the magazine so they lure unsuspecting parents and there kids into there little scam don't even bother entering your child into this contest it's a joke save your mony and dont give them your credit card emformation glad i did'nt. Or i too would have been ripped off.
 27th of May, 2013 by   Ira-mama 0 Votes
I submitted 3 photos of my baby and it makes $ 60 total charge.but before signing they make it sound like if u submit any photo u automatically will enter all the auditions for that month and it can be gap or Disney or more others but in reality u need to for entering there too 20 for each photo. SCAM
 9th of Jul, 2013 by   BCrawford36 0 Votes
Thank youi for you comments. Previously, the casting call opportunities were free and now they charge for them. I have had my daughters picture on the site for a few years, but I have never paid the $20 PER PHOTO/PER CONTEST. It is just terrible what they are doing to these parents. My daughter was accepted as a model here in Atlanta at the age of two years old and I didn't pay one cent. She is now almost 4 and I will pay for her pictures, but that is it.
 15th of Aug, 2013 by   janekaori 0 Votes
hi im JANE im one of the victim of cutekid contest.ill pay to enter my kids into my visa card.and all of my money is clear up.they said the most votes is win.my son had 1000 votes.is not win...to all mother and daddy in the world please.please.please.dont join the cute kid.coz they wants only money from yous.i join my child on july 2013.but nothing happen and they message me that the kids will be won got 11, 000 votes...so be aware the cute kid.coz is only a scammmmmmmmmmmmm.is a really SCAM

Insurance on Campus