logo

ALL EMAIL LOTTERY & OTHER OVERSEASE FUND
FAKE,FRUAD&CHEATTER
2. (6 mins ago)
BMW
winning of lottery 500,000 Pounds, asking personal details and bank account nos.
3. (20 mins ago)
background music

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

The Most Adorable Pets in America, Schenectady, New York Complaints & Reviews - they have my pets picture and want me to pay $59.95 for a copy of this book.

The Most Adorable Pets in America Contacts & Informations

The Most Adorable Pets in America

Posted: 2011-04-26 by    vampira

they have my pets picture and want me to pay $59.95 for a copy of this book.

unknown
1260 Stratford Rd.
Schenectady, New York
Phone: 518.370.2636
This book company called this scam a "contest". I bit and sent (e-mail) a picture of my cat. I was congratulated a few weeks later and told my cat had been selected to appear in their book, "The Most Adorable Pets in America" - 2011 edition. Then they wanted me to pay $59.95 (discounted) for a copy. Can they use my pet's picture without either giving me a copy of the book since I "won" in their contest or getting my explicit permission to use it? What a low-down outfit this must be.
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of May, 2011 by   Trisha Nichols 0 Votes
My cats were also chosen to be in the book. I think it's a big crock, and whoever signs up gets their pet's picture in the book. I agree, the people who's pets are in the book should get a free copy. These are my cats.
 9th of May, 2011 by   Tyra Howes 0 Votes
Me too!!! They put my pet in the book and want me to pay for it. RIP OFFFFFF!!!
 12th of May, 2011 by   J.G -1 Votes
Im in the same position. I had withdrawn my participation almost immediately after I submitted the picture as when I looked at the 'voting' they wanted phone numbers of 'voters' and I happened to see the fine print at the bottom of the screen explaining charges.

The way they have gone about this is very sly. What a scam!
 29th of May, 2011 by   ?!?! +1 Votes
I agree, my dog jacks picture was chosen and those jerks want me to pay 70 bucks for a book man i am PO BIG TIME!!!
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   ivy010140 +1 Votes
Hello!
well i just check my email today and it said that i "won" with the picture of my cat!!! but they want money for the book!!! hell noooo!!! I send those people an email and i hope they answer back soon!
 3rd of Jun, 2011 by   FA0 0 Votes
Have you read the details of the contest or any fine print on their website/email (whichever one that led your contact)? If they had written anywhere that your pictures may be published, then unfortunately, by sending them the photos you have given them your consent.

However, if there was no outline detailing it, I'm not of the opinion that they can just go ahead and publish without permission.
 6th of Jun, 2011 by   Disgusted Self -1 Votes
Scam, Scam, Scam!!! is there really a book? Ticks me off that I was so easy to take the bait on this one...What a way to get a bunch of FREE photos of other peoples pets and then gain the fruits of our labor and not to mention stealing our adorable little family members for their advantage!!! Low down pieces of CRAP! They aught to be ashamed of therselves in so many different categories!!! Please tell me there are not people out there that actually take the hook, line sinker and all????? ={
 8th of Jun, 2011 by   DoggieMomof1 -1 Votes
I just received an email informing me that my dog was selected to be apart of America's Most Adorable Pets. I can't imagine that they would have the right to use my dog's photo in some book that I have to pay for without some signed contract. Do they have the right to publish the photos since I submitted his photo?? I wasn't aware that my baby's photo would be used for a book!
 25th of Jun, 2011 by   simons mom 0 Votes
I also recieved the same email, but I only put the picture up 10 hours ago. When they wanted all that personal information I knew right away it was a scam for ripping pet lovers off. They can do this with pets, but never with people's pictures because of the liability factor, we would sue. Dumb scam or genious scam? That is the question! But " SCAM" not a doubt ! Simons Mom
 30th of Jun, 2011 by   wwatson 0 Votes
My pets are there and they want 69.95 to reserve my copy.
 12th of Jul, 2011 by   el81 0 Votes
I also recieved the same email...When they wanted all that personal information I knew right away it was a scam for ripping people off. They can do this with pets, but never with people's pictures because of the liability. Dumb scam or genious scam? That is the question!
 26th of Jul, 2011 by   HorseLover1998 0 Votes
the same thing happened to me and i also did not agree that you had to pay for the book. And i did not order it.
 3rd of Aug, 2011 by   calie mckenzie -1 Votes
i put mine and sisters dog in the contest and they just keep sending me messages you won. i just wont the book. im only 15 cant get a job till next year and it is hard to get that money any money.
 5th of Aug, 2011 by   cottonsmommy2010 0 Votes
I got the same email about my kitten and thought hey that would be a great book to have. then I decided to do a little research on amazon and barnes and noble and found out the book has never been published. I almost bought the book. I don't mind them having my baby's picture but I almost got caught up in the scam also. If I hadn't goggled it I would have bought the book. Beth Murphy
 9th of Aug, 2011 by   Diana9*8 -1 Votes
it is a scam i entered my pet golden retriever and supposedly my dog was chosen to be in a 10, 000 dollar competition, then they said they would put his picture in a book. i thought it would be nice to give as a gift so i purchased the book for69.95 and it never came... not only that but they kept taking money from my banking account good thin i found before they can take away all of... all i'm saying is to ignore them and don't give them any information!
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   russel_ms +1 Votes
QUOTE (from Disgusted Self) "What a way to get a bunch of FREE photos of other peoples pets and then gain the fruits of our labor and not to mention stealing our adorable little family members for their advantage!!!"

UMM... what labor? You took a snapshot, pressed a button, probably had the picture anyway and dug it up or found it on your computer... also, they didn't "steal" your actual pet. They really didn't even steal the picture. You submitted it to them.
I fell for it too... I entered a picture of my puppy and have been getting e-mails. I just ignore them. They can use the picture. I really don't care, but I'm not paying them $70 for the book. I suspect every single picture entered will be publshed and you'll need a magnifying glass to see the pictures. Even when they say "your pets photo was chosen from thousands"... technically, they're not lying. They just didn't say, "by the way, those other thousands were also chosen!"
It is shady... but as for it being a true scam, I think we will just have to wait for the book to come out (if anyone ordered it, I sure didn't). If they deliver and publish your pets photo, then it really isn't a scam... misleading, yes...

BUT, the prizes that I vaguely remember being advertised... including a $10, 000 prize? if those were not real, that would surely be a scam. They would get around it though... I would almost guarantee that they did/will select a "winner" and the money will find itself right back into their bank account. Dishonest? yes. Scam? probably but who can prove it? If you ordered the book, let us know if it comes. For those of you who feel "violated", I doubt your dog's identity is in that much danger...
 14th of Sep, 2011 by   Chelle152 0 Votes
Me too. I figured it was a rip-off right after I entered the contest... I posted the link on my facebook and in order to vote for the picture of my cat they would've had to go through a bunch of advertising gimmicks. Ridiculous. I can't stand scammers! Wasted my time!
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   Debi Hart 0 Votes
My dog was choosen too. they wanted me to pay 19.95 I get emaik every day from them.
 22nd of Sep, 2011 by   Ellen67 0 Votes
Did they ever say if your pet was chosen that you get the book for free? If no, you have no complaint. It is your choice whether you want to purchase the book or not.

Not a scam but a clever way to drum up business. Playing off people's egos and emotions. Example: The mall modeling contests are similar; it gets people interested with it's 'hook' and then wants to sell a product ( modeling lessons/classes).
 11th of Oct, 2011 by   Martha25 0 Votes
I GOT THE SAME THING MY GRANDMA'S DOG POOPIES WAS CHOSEN AND THEY WANTED ME TO PAY 15.99 FOR MY COPY I KNEW SOME THING WAS UP BECAUSE WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST GIVE YOU A FREE COPY IF YOU PET WAS SELECTED TO BE IN THAT BOOK ASS HOLES!

4 Ways You Lose From Financial Reform