logo

Posted:    G Rooke

Poor service

Calgary, Alberta
Canada
Today is September 10, 2009. I last had access to my email on August 15, 2009. While I was out of the country for 3 weeks I was unable to access my email. Upon returning they had difficulty determining the problem. After about 45 minutes talking with their technical support department I was told that it would take 24 to 48 hours to resolve the problem. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that one would call me back. That was more than 30 hours ago. I still have no email and I have heard from no one.

I now understand all of the complaints I have been hearing about the company. I'm wondering what I have been paying for during this past month. My clients wouldn't let me get away with this but Telus doesn't seem to have any difficulty taking an inordinate amount of time to assist clients.
Comments Canada Internet Providers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

31st of Dec, 2008 by   Millerox 0 Votes
Telus is useless as a company, after paying more than $300.00 to them for the past 3 years they have almost ruined my perfect credit, I had to call them to asked them how much I owed so that i could pay them and get rid of them in my life. They wanted me to pay $5.00 for a copy of a bill I have yet to receive . their service is bad all around as i have used them all including the digital tv.
 2nd of Jan, 2009 by   karen winterburn 0 Votes
I recieved an incorrect bill today. I phoned Telus and eventually ended up by speaking to CLINT. He informed me that I had been double billed (no apology). I also noted on my bill that I had been charged for dial up internet services as well as high speed internet. It turns out they have been charging me for dial- up ever since I had my service changed to high-speed, which has been at least 2 years @ 29.90/mo. He told me that this was MY FAULT for not examining my bills every month. When I told him that I expected the dial -up to be cancelled when I CHANGED the service to high speed he informed me that Telus is under no obligation to inform the public that they will continue to bill you for the dial-up even though you have changed to high-speed. Although I guess he admits to partial responsiblity because he offered to reimburse me for 2 months .
This employee was giving me a lot of attitude because I was having difficulty understanding his explanation of my bill and he was giggling when I had to have him repeat the postal code of his head office.
This company has no morals, as far as I'm concerned I believe they purposely misinform, or withhold information from the public for thier financial gain. They don't apologize for thier errors and they don't train thier employees to be courtious or maybe, being rude is a qualification to being hired.
 12th of Aug, 2009 by   Kathleen Ogg-Moss 0 Votes
I live in the country and only have dial-up service. I was informed I could buy a stick from Telus that would give me high-speed. I was told they offered 30 free-trial period. I signed their 2 year contract on the understanding I could cancel if I couldn't get connected. I purchased the stick from Telus, Carleton Place on July 10. I could not connect to high-speed. I had my son come to my house and connect it. He could not get it to work either. I went back to Telus on July 24 and told them that I could not connect to high speed. The clerk suggested I buy an antenna that would boost the signal for $50. I purchased the antenna and it still would not connect. I took everything back to Telus on August 10, and was told I could not cancel the contract because I had not contacted a technician to help with the problem and I was also one day late. I was given a number to call for a technician and told to come back the next day and my money would be refunded. I called the technician who assured me I could not get high speed and gave me a number to take to the store to tell them what the problem was. The clerk called telus to deactivate my account and they refused. Telus said I should have cancelled within 14 days. I was refunded the $50. for the antenna but was not refunded the price of the telus stick nor was the merchandise returned to me. They said they had to keep it.
Why should I pay for two years for something that by their own admission doesn't work? Also, no where in my contract does it say I had to cancel within 14 days nor that I hafd to contact a technician before I could cance.
 18th of Sep, 2009 by   james readma -1 Votes
HI, YES TELUES USE TO BE VERY GOOD AND STILL IS FOR PHONES ONLY AND NET, NOT FREE COMPUTORS ON 3 YEAR CONTRACT, ALL THEY ARE IS JUNK, I JUST GOT MINE PAID OFF AND MOTHER BOARD DIED, ASKED TELUES AND THEY SAID PHONE DELL, HAHA, TALK ABOUT PASSING THE BUCK, TELUS SOLD THE COMPUTOR TOO ME SO TELUES SHOULD BE ACOUNTABLE, IF THEY ARE SELLING BAD COMPUTORS SHAME, MONEY IS NOT ALL THINGS, GIVE A CUSTOMER GOOD SERVICE NO MATTER WHAT AND HE SREREDS THE WORD, BUT BAD NAME SPREADS TOO, SO WHEN YOU GET A FREE COMPUTOR FROM TELUS ON CONTRACT, GET IT CHECKED OUT FIRST AND FAST, MY EMAIL jamesereadman@yahoo.ca have been with telus and for 20 years, paid over 20 thousand dollars, now they could give back what it cost me to fix their computor,
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   Ollie Read 0 Votes
My son lived in Vancouver until Nov 2008. He paid his Telus bills on time. He was moving to another place in Vancouver and didn't need the phone. He had to return the Telus Equipment as instructed by Telus emopyees by using Canada post to send the equipment to Telus warehouse in Edmonton. He filled out Tellus paperwork and put it in the Canada Post box. My son got a tracking number on a strip of paper that identified the box. The box was sent and my son assumed that he was free and clear of Telus. He kept getting letters from Telus about the phone equipment and in January 2009, my son phoned and Telus employee said it normally took 6 months to clear the books. My son left Vancouver for a job on the east coast and had his friend forward his mail. He still has not got the mail through Canada post sent in May 2009. There might have been vital nformation in these mailing that might have changed the course of history. Now to make the story complete, Telus says it 't have the phone equipment and sold the cost of replacement to a collection agency. My son is now back in Vancouver
to try and sort this out. Telus says the they need the tracking number. They have "stonewalled" him. A small piece of
paper, assurance that everything would be OK after six month, moving to the other side of the country, no email
communication about the lost item, no tracking number! Implication: my son owes $600.00 to the collection agency, not Telus and because my son's account was given to the collection agency, he is now redflagged and will have a bad credit rating for SEVEN years by the credit bureau. If he goes to apply for a loan, he can expect to pay higher interest rates. Lots of
mplications because he lost the tracking number. Telus says if he wants them to track the package, they need the tracking
number. If they somehow found my son's equipment, they would have to admit they made a mistake AND write an official letter to the credit bureau to get my son's name off the "redflag" list. My son tried to ask Canada Post if they had some kind
of cross-reference between the tracking number and my son's name but no go. Smells like a money grab by Telus. Very poor
ustomer service.

HELP: any suggestions would be appreciated as how to we can resolve this problem and get Telus to listen to my son's side
of the story. An advocate for customer complaints against Telus?? Thank you.
 27th of Nov, 2009 by   MindyDDD 0 Votes
My friends told me not to sign up with TELUS. I should've listened to them. Many of my friends have experienced poor quality service from TELUS. I came to believe that this company should try really hard to improve their customer service quality in order to be able to compete with other competent company.

They booked an appointment to instal my TV on Friday and did not want to tell me what time they would be able to come. The technician finally called and said he was going to be late when he was already late. It was after office hour, and I had waited the whole day for them to come.

This is very unprofessional. Too bad I already signed up with this very incompetent company. Otherwise, I would be more than thrilled to switch to other competent companies such as SHAW!

I hope somebody from TELUS will read this complaint.
 15th of Dec, 2009 by   David Forbes 0 Votes
I have been dealing with Telus to get my home phone line working for 21 days and I have been "promised" and "assured" and "guaranteed" that the problem would be sorted within various times. I hate the voice-automated system because there is no option to get help with this kind of problem. Lewis, Mary, Leah, Sam, Nasir, Elly, Raf, Kelly, and now ... oh, i can't remember her name because no one reads my file to find out what the problem is, each one asks different questions to confirm they are speaking with the customer. several have told me I have reached "the right person" to sort this out, told they would call me back at my office or my cellphone by 8 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. or within 12 to 48 hours, etc.

This is unacceptable.

I have sent a complaint to Telus. I am also going to send a complaint to the CRTC and the Telus ombudsman if I can find that number or address.

Anyone can sign up as a new customer and have a phone operating within 48 hours. They can even get a cellphone and have it operating within an hour.

So, Telus, what's your problem? I have been extremely patient and the idiots, sorry, who are working for Telus haven't a clue what they are doing. Even their hot-shot TOPAZ team doesn't seem to know what to do.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   4444hate telus 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me i'm stuck in a 2 year cotract and the service always disconnect or takes forever to get connected its horrible, they sai it doesnt matter i need to pay 380.00 to get out of my contract whether it works or not, the customer service was very very bad ***** she was, I will never deal with Telus ever agian and I will let everyone know about my incident, they can take the 380.00 bill and put it where the sun don't shine :D
 2nd of Dec, 2011 by   lambchopbc 0 Votes
I am having the same problem. They force us to MAIL them equipment instead of having us drop it off locally and then they don't process the refund for the equipment for months and months. I am currently refusing to pay for the last bill due to this yet they continue to charge late payment charges every month. And they wondered why I cancelled after 6 months of INCORRECT bills? and now this bogus equipment charge?
I still have my tracking number, but am wondering how many years it will take to resolve this AND how many hours on HOLD. I am currently on hold with Telus again for my monthly call to dispute their charges -- it is has been 23 minutes now. ...
 3rd of May, 2013 by   Shahaba2 0 Votes
What story I returned my equipment 1.5 ago and have the tracking number but looks like somebody stole the package in between telus wants 350$ not sure what to do before they ruin my credit history

Vacation Homes for Hotel Prices