logo

CreateSpace
Scammers
3. (19 mins ago)
americanbestlocksmith.com
They worked slowly and the prices were too high
4. (37 mins ago)
Maccorp Czech s.r.o.
very high level of commission (service fee) on currency exchange
5. (41 mins ago)

4100 Spring Valley, Suite 600
Dallas, Texas
Phone: 1-800-teladoc
teladoc.com
With Teladoc membership, you are promised timely access to real medical doctors "anytime, anywhere". In fact their site also states "Teladoc is there for you 24/7 wherever you may be."

But there's a caveat. If you use Teladoc "too often", you are quickly scolded by mail. They sent you a form letter telling you to use the Teladoc service less and see your in-person doctors more often. The problem is, what if you ARE seeing your in-person doctors regularly but you have a doctor who has limited hours and doesn't have an answering service? What if you're on business in another city? Isn't this the purpose of Teladoc? Apparently not.

I used Teladoc, on average, once every 2 months. Teladoc sent me a letter every 4 months telling me to see my doctor more in-person. Each time they wrote me a letter I called them or emailed them or wrote them back a physical letter explaining that I *DO* see my regular doctors often and that I *DO* update my Teladoc online medical health record with the applicable information EACH time I see my primary care doctor or have a change in health. I was doing everything right.

...Yet Teladoc terminated my account without any opportunity to appeal or be further explained as to the reason why. What constitutes "too much" use of the service, and how dynamic is that rule being applied? I don't think using Teladoc every 2 months is overkill, especially when that is averaging over a period of a year.. so for a few months I might not use it at all, but in other months I might use it a bit more often because I'm traveling or my doctor's on vacation and being self-employed without insurance I don't want to do $1500 ER visits for a sinus infection.

I believe Teladoc is using false advertising to lure in customers with a whiz-bang web site and deceptive promises, and then dump them once they actually use the service upon seeing benefit in it. And that's not right.
Comments United States Doctors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of Feb, 2011 by   Autoguy 0 Votes
Hi. Yes they will cancel accounts without warning on people that use the service too much. They are in business to make money not provide health care. You won't get your money back either, sorry
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   angela2011 0 Votes
This is the worst service ever. I've used them twice over the past year and each time I get a doctor that is very condescending and useless. The last doctor asked me the same questions over and over and acted as if he did not understand. I think these are doctors who just got their medical degree or are in their 80s and have no clue what is going on. They act as if it is a chore to prescribe a antibiotic. I'm not calling you to just chat about how I dont feel good. Just stick with your regular doctor. This is a waste of time and money.
 21st of May, 2013 by   islic1 0 Votes
I tried to use them for the first time yesterday. It was a "benefit" from my insurance company. It has been 36 hours and I haven't heard from them. Their site says about 25 minute turn around what a lie. I was leaving for work yesterday so I let them know to call a different number. Two hours later they called the wrong number and left 3 different voice mails around how they are trying to reach me. This is extremely poor service. Buyer beware

Avoid Scams When Donating to Haiti Earthquake Relief