logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Bulliongurus Research Private Limited
beware of this company! it causes nothing but extreme loss!
2. (24 mins ago)
State of Florida Child Support Enforcement
Child Support
3. (37 mins ago)
eyemarkedcards.com
No confirmation info and seller keeps silence
4. (45 mins ago)

Target

Posted:    Sarione

EMPLOYEE ABUSE

TARGET
I have worked at a Target for 4 years and over that time all I see is abusive behaviors out of the LOD's...That stand for Lead On Duty. They are allowed to accuse anyone that doesn't suck up to them of not doing their work or worse. They have been known to set up people to get rid of them also. This is sanctioned by the main company. That is why they go through so many employees every year. Between the abuse and lack of training given new people and the general disrespect given everyone...They are lucky anyone will work for them.

PLEASE do not work for this company...Run the other way when you see these jack booted droids in khalki and red coming to woo you with lies about how great it is to work for them.

DO NOT SHOP THEIR EITHER. They get inferior merchandise in that breaks or wears out before you know it. And they over charge on most items, even though they employ slave labor in 3rd world countries to make their trash.
Comments United States Bad Business Partners
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of May, 2009 by   just humiliated +1 Votes
as complaints go - this may be a small one - but it has left me completely unsettled and physically ill -
after working most of the day on a sunday i scanned the online target ads - i had been looking for a small tv and found one that - while a bit pricey - seemed to be what i was looking for - i checked to make sure it said 'also available in stores' - it did and i went across the street to buy it - the price in the store was higher than online and i asked about this - the employees were very defensive and extremely dismissive - so i went to the service desk and quietly asked for the manager - a few moments later a very young man (whose badge said chris) came over and asked me what i wanted - i just looked at him and thought - this is not the manager - so i asked 'are you the manager' his response was 'i am the acting manager' - i decided to continue being polite and described the issue - he was dismissive and then started looking around and talking about how if i wanted to i could write everything down - as he looked around i apologized and said that i realized this was of no importance to him and that i was sorry to have bothered him - i walked away and halfway to the door he YELLED after me in a tone of voice that conveyed exactly the four letter words he wanted to say (and usually followed by another four letter word) - so loud that everyone in that area of the store (which is at the very front) turned and stared - i was humiliated and embarrassed and could not understand what i had done wrong - when i got home i called the store and found out the store manager was in fact there - his name was bobby - i tried to explain to bobby what had happened - he at first tried to make excuses for the employee and then started with the fake i'm sorrys - i have contacted the company but their final word is that they are also sorry also 'but but there isn't any follow up to your complaint to Target Guest Relations' - and that is it – target just does not care that an employee tried to play some stupid game with a customer - who decided not to go along - and the employee then decided that as punishment the customer should be embarrassed and humiliated –
 19th of May, 2009 by   hetal patel 0 Votes
i m working with target since last 4 years now i m suffering bed experience in t1045 with HR department i do wanted to go to school but seems like they don't wanted to change my schedule instead of helping me they ask me to not to go school and not to work in my field in spite of all i open my availability according to my school schedule they said no to me for not work in pharmacy and that is my field so for that reason i had to drop my classics which is completely unfair to me
 26th of Jan, 2010 by   Glenda the Good Witch +2 Votes
I have been working for Target for several years. I have a college degree and extensive management experience. Presently, I am a mid-level manager/ Team Lead. Several of the ETLs in our store are straight out of college and have little to no management experience. Preferably, Target seeks out these recent grads with bull-dog like personalities that they can "groom, " and individuals that are looking to move up quickly - no matter what the cost. The Target Leadership handbook stresses being a sincere, and meaningful leader and that "humble leadership must be earned." Instead, what they promote is bullying, and chiding criticism and general lack of respect for their employees.
The job market is tough so many people stay at Target out of necessity. Once this changes, you will see a movement out by many employees whom are tired of the crappy treatment that Target overtly promotes.
If you are seeking a professional career in management, where you will be treated as a professional, do not seek out employment with Target.
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   rednessa +2 Votes
I worked for the target in cedar pk. tx. So i know from experience how they treat their employees, like dogs! they are liars! I was hired to work day shift hours. after being hired i was informed i would work nights, because they "forgot" they already filled the day position with someone already employed with target. On the first day of work i learned she was a new employee as well! When I asked management, they denied ever saying anything about it. They told me to take the job i was given or walk.
 1st of May, 2010 by   Susan1865 +2 Votes
Sarione,

I'm wondering how you know that Target sets employees up and that Target headquarters sanctions this type of behavior. Something like this is going on where I work. The environment at my store has become very unpleasant for me because you never know which fake guest (someone hired by Target to act as a guest) will accuse you of false things and then there is no recourse on the employee's part. It goes in your record and then at review time they can cite this made up information. It's amazing how a company the size of Target is allowed to get away with treating their employees like children and the CONSTANT belittlement and so called coaching by 25 year old kids. At first I thought nothing of it but I see a trend and it's not very nice for employees---- it makes for an extremely hostile work environment. Bottom line Target pays lip service to treating employees well but frankly they don't give a rip. Wallmart has a very bad name in how they treat their employees and I thought Target was different but after working there -- not so much.
 15th of Aug, 2011 by   sbthompson +1 Votes
I've seen so many employees terminated for ridiculous reasons. I wore a red shirt and khakis every day, nobody complains about my outfit, and suddenly I am fired for refusing to comply with the dress code. The real reason was simply because I had too much self respect to suck up to the managers.
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   jane doe2 -1 Votes
I also work at a Target and it is totally ridiculous. I work with people who have threatened guests with physical violence and cursed at them. Somehow, they are still there. I used to do my job with pride, but realize the only people that appreciated it were the guests I helped that day and me. I know Target doesn't pay the greatest but I enjoyed doing the job. Now I work with people who could care less and it has rubbed off on me.
 23rd of Nov, 2011 by   azkatail +1 Votes
My grandson was hired to work overnight stocking. He blew out his knee and was hobbling around trying to stock heavy boxes. The "lead" asked if he was okay and he said his knee was killing him and asked if he could do something lighter for the rest of the shift. The "lead" told him to go home and to call HR in the morning. So, he did and found out he was terminated. I vow never to go back into any Target again. They have gotten way too much of my money, but will get not one more penny.
 13th of Feb, 2012 by   kate5 0 Votes
The store I work at generally allows sexual harassment from upper level management to lowest level employees. Recently management has started openly talking about shorting employee hours to get them to quit. Employees who work early hours before the store opens have to stand outside waiting to get in, until after they are late... which they are later written up for.
 15th of Dec, 2013 by   bobdingles 0 Votes
I started at Target in Louisiana 8 years ago. it was an ok company that has progressively worse over the years. Well raise time comes every years as usual, usually about 30 or 35 cents, based on an evaluation that borders on ridiculous. But we do it for our progressing pay. This year, we are just now informed that most all of us are Topped Out!! No more raises ever! Well we asked its not in the Handbook they live by, the Managers don't know anything, strange that this happened when we get a new District Manager we suddenly get NO MORE RAISES EVER after giving our time for a company for 8 years. We cant even work full time we get only 30 hours most a week. The District Manager from Human Resources say they will get back with us about top out. They NEVER DO. This is the WORST Company to work for, to pull that stunt, when its NOT in the handbook and we were not informed about it!!! I would recommend this company to NO ONE!!! Now I am stuck because I have been there 8 years and topped out... Shame on this Company!!!
 7th of Feb, 2014 by   cdubau 0 Votes
I worked at the target warehouse in Woodland for 10 years and for years I noticed that when minorities got injured on the job the management would send them straight to depal or some other hard labor job while our white counter parts was sent to work in the office one GL in particular named Greg Stores made sure that anyone of color had the worst assignments he could quite possibly find, when I hurt my shoulder due to bone spur in my shoulder from years of repetitive motions driving a forklift even after I brought a memo from a doctor target sent me to Greg still sent me to depal. I would love to be a part of this lawsuit not for any financial gain but just to show the Target corporation that there are consequences to they're actions I know there are former target employees who feel the same way I do so I ask if anyone knows the name of the law firm handling this case please forward the info to cdubau62@yahoo.com. I and many other Target employees would be grateful thank you
 6th of Jul, 2014 by   J. A. Hoehn 0 Votes
I am a semi-retired restaurant manager that served and managed in the food-service business for 38 years. I understand the importance of great customer service. . I never disrespected the people that worked for me. Great employees are a valuable asset and are an integral component to the success of any business. My son was hired at the Target in Bozeman, Montana. He was very excited about the opportunity to work for a company that he thought might actually care about its employees. He has worked there three months and has found out the hard way that Target does not care about its employees. The management, and "team leaders" continually harass and verbally abuse employees. My young son was one of them. He has pointed out expired food products and taken initiative to remove them from the stocked coolers. This action was seen as an over-reach and put that department's leader in an embarrassing and humiliating situation. Perhaps she was not doing her job? This type of action just will not be tolerated! WE must protect the management hierarchy at all costs. Subsequently my son tried to do the right thing and he was punished by verbal abuse and brow beating by a team leader. I believe that it was sanctioned by management to get him to quit. Well, he did! Congrats Target! Shame on you... You have lost my business!! I thought a Minnesota based company would be better than this. I am a former Minnesotan and am ashamed of this..Target is just like all the other money grubbing corporations that
care only for the bottom line. My son worked hard for them and was treated like **** . I know that writing this is a waste of time.. Nothing will change...
 28th of Jul, 2014 by   Jane101 0 Votes
Target is a bad unethical company to work for .
They start of their employees at minimum wage.
No one gets 40 hours a week .
Employees schedules are Change
all the time morning, mid and closing shifts
Bottom line target doesn't care about its employees.
Some ETLS have to pay out of pocket to reward their employees with a barbecue . Sad that a company can't even treat their employees a thanks giving dinner .. Target is greedy corporation they lie to the public with commercials and giving back to schools and the volunteering work they do . I forgot to mention the volunteering work employees do not them.. Don't be fool by Target . Target doesn't deserve to be in America ..

5 Tips to Pick the Right Hospital