logo

Posted: 2012-09-23 by    KaneDean

Scam

Tapjoy
tapjoy.com
Someone should take legal action against this company if all of the other complaints around the web are true. I thought i was having problems with my account alone but it is clearly quite common.
They lure you into buying things or downloading apps with promises of "currency" in various online/mobile games. You never get the currency. I'm guessing it works for some people but there must be enough of a problem in the system that it is actionable. I have tried all sorts of things to correct my missing credits and I get emails from the company that are either generic or claiming credits were awarded. It is ridiculous. It is a class action waiting to happen.
Comments United States Online Scams
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Sep, 2012 by   SaadTapjoy -1 Votes
Hi Dean,

My name is Saad and I work for Tapjoy. I am sorry you are running into issues getting currency. Can you please send me the tapjoy ticket ID that you created for this issue? If you haven't create one yet, please send me email skhan@tapjoy.com along with the issues, and I'll investigate and respond to you.

Regards

Saad
 25th of Feb, 2013 by   Demarcus Sumter +1 Votes
Well... I sent a ticket last week and never got a response other than an automated email. It really displeases me that i went through all that crap downloading apps I don't want for a game and you guys do not hold up your end of the bargain.
 1st of Mar, 2013 by   Scott Karbiner +1 Votes
Agree wholeheartedly. Tapjoy is a scam. I completed an agreement and met all requirements. I sent them proof and their response was that they couldn't get proof from the purchaser (MACYs) on offer #2138304 and that if their website has issues or something went wrong it's MY fault. They then immediately block the e-mail so you can't even reply. I am going to make my life's work to ruin this company. Nowhere in their agreement does it say "complete an offer and we'll sent you points only if we feel like it". I have friends who just finished law school. I honestly think this should be a class action lawsuit. Anyone agree?
 29th of Jun, 2013 by   Terryrox +1 Votes
Yeas Scott. Just a few thousand at least by the 12 or so who bothered to start threads ON THIS SITE ALONE.
 8th of Jul, 2013 by   spri +1 Votes
Tapjoy is a full ripoff. On 3 separate occasions on 2 games, I purchased things. I never got the currency even though I sent in proof and the bastards never even had the courtesy to respond back even though I sent them many letters with the proof. I'm out $$$ and PO'd. I'm never buying anything through them, have written to the BBB plus Im writing to each company that has offers telling them they are dealing with ripoff artists. I suggest everyone in the same boat do the same. I'm also sending tapcrap the copies
 25th of Jul, 2013 by   I hate tapjoy 0 Votes
I have reported them to the BBB in San Francisco as they are a California company, still nothing, that Saad Khan is a frigging muslim terrorist that hides behind the company.
 21st of Dec, 2013 by   jorgofthejungl 0 Votes
Tapjoy always seems to have an explanation or excuse as to why they will not pay out a reward. I was told in my last email there was no record of my tracking ticket therefore they were closing my request for misiing currency. It was in pending status for two days then it just disappeared. I got my order the very next day. I have also been told by tapjoy that the burden of proof is on the consumer and the company who is advertising the offer must respond back to tapjoy that the offer has been completed. It seems the only offers that tapjoy has no problem fulfilling are the low reward amounts. Any large reward amount they almost never payout.
 10th of Feb, 2014 by   Laurie brisbane 0 Votes
So true, all of the above I have seen.
Even there contact page will not accept complaints.
I suggest putting pressure on the game companies, ie Nordeus, keep telling them that tapjoy is costing them money and goodwill. If they get nervous then maybe something will happen.
I have contacted nordeus by email and phone, and will continue with this angle. I am getting a list of companies that use tapjoy to try and hurt them that way.
I have contacted by phone and email three companies inc news international and experian, to cancel subs and make sure they knew why. News international were surprisingly curious, result!
I know this I a email, but phone calls get more traction than emails, try it.

You Can Mix Your Own Laundry Detergent and Save!

Latest Groups