TapJoy

Posted:

Scam

Tapjoy
tapjoy.com
Someone should take legal action against this company if all of the other complaints around the web are true. I thought i was having problems with my account alone but it is clearly quite common.
They lure you into buying things or downloading apps with promises of "currency" in various online/mobile games. You never get the currency. I'm guessing it works for some people but there must be enough of a problem in the system that it is actionable. I have tried all sorts of things to correct my missing credits and I get emails from the company that are either generic or claiming credits were awarded. It is ridiculous. It is a class action waiting to happen.
Complaint comments Comments (17) Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

24th of Sep, 2012 by    -2 Votes
Hi Dean,

My name is Saad and I work for Tapjoy. I am sorry you are running into issues getting currency. Can you please send me the tapjoy ticket ID that you created for this issue? If you haven't create one yet, please send me email skhan@tapjoy.com along with the issues, and I'll investigate and respond to you.

Regards

Saad
 25th of Feb, 2013 by    +3 Votes
Well... I sent a ticket last week and never got a response other than an automated email. It really displeases me that i went through all that crap downloading apps I don't want for a game and you guys do not hold up your end of the bargain.
 1st of Mar, 2013 by    +2 Votes
Agree wholeheartedly. Tapjoy is a scam. I completed an agreement and met all requirements. I sent them proof and their response was that they couldn't get proof from the purchaser (MACYs) on offer #2138304 and that if their website has issues or something went wrong it's MY fault. They then immediately block the e-mail so you can't even reply. I am going to make my life's work to ruin this company. Nowhere in their agreement does it say "complete an offer and we'll sent you points only if we feel like it". I have friends who just finished law school. I honestly think this should be a class action lawsuit. Anyone agree?
 29th of Jun, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Yeas Scott. Just a few thousand at least by the 12 or so who bothered to start threads ON THIS SITE ALONE.
 8th of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Tapjoy is a full ripoff. On 3 separate occasions on 2 games, I purchased things. I never got the currency even though I sent in proof and the bastards never even had the courtesy to respond back even though I sent them many letters with the proof. I'm out $$$ and PO'd. I'm never buying anything through them, have written to the BBB plus Im writing to each company that has offers telling them they are dealing with ripoff artists. I suggest everyone in the same boat do the same. I'm also sending tapcrap the copies
 25th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
I have reported them to the BBB in San Francisco as they are a California company, still nothing, that Saad Khan is a frigging muslim terrorist that hides behind the company.
 21st of Dec, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Tapjoy always seems to have an explanation or excuse as to why they will not pay out a reward. I was told in my last email there was no record of my tracking ticket therefore they were closing my request for misiing currency. It was in pending status for two days then it just disappeared. I got my order the very next day. I have also been told by tapjoy that the burden of proof is on the consumer and the company who is advertising the offer must respond back to tapjoy that the offer has been completed. It seems the only offers that tapjoy has no problem fulfilling are the low reward amounts. Any large reward amount they almost never payout.
 10th of Feb, 2014 by    +1 Votes
So true, all of the above I have seen.
Even there contact page will not accept complaints.
I suggest putting pressure on the game companies, ie Nordeus, keep telling them that tapjoy is costing them money and goodwill. If they get nervous then maybe something will happen.
I have contacted nordeus by email and phone, and will continue with this angle. I am getting a list of companies that use tapjoy to try and hurt them that way.
I have contacted by phone and email three companies inc news international and experian, to cancel subs and make sure they knew why. News international were surprisingly curious, result!
I know this I a email, but phone calls get more traction than emails, try it.
 3rd of Dec, 2014 by    0 Votes
I contacted Tapjoy, and this dude call James B. reply. I was trying to tell Tapjoy about my concern and problem, instead of listen and help me to solve the problem Mr. James B. shut me up by permanent suspend me. After I click on the ads sponsor, after I provided my personal information I starting receive 200+ junk mails and 9 phone call... sometime 3 in the morning. ALL junk mails and phone calls I received ALL related to the ads I clicked. Tapjoy is not a company but a scam ads supporter. Do you know some of thing you download from Tapjoy got bugs/virus!!!
 23rd of Jan, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have been getting the run around from Tapjoy over and over. I filled out offers with credit card, downloaded and watched videos and not one reward. Only robot response send in proof and wait 5 days for response. The problem is in 5 days your credit card gets charged, and then your SOL. And the guy SAAD I emailed a few times with no response. Tapjoy is a big joke and they have a phone number to the office in Sanfrancisco, but when call says you can't make complaints and send you back to the run around web site. I say people call non stop till they make right on the rewards, and stop running everyone around.
 12th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have completed many offers from TapJoy. At least 75% of the offers I completed they never paid me. I try to resolve the issue through TapJoy but they never came through. I have spent money on subscriptions and was not paid. I have completed surveys and received SPAM and sales calls to my cellphone. Yet I was never paid.
 20th of Dec, 2015 by    0 Votes
I have been having the same issues with TapJoy. The problem is that when completing an offer the majority of them send me to consumer surveys that try to force me to buy something. By the way these were supposed to be free offers. In the surveys I was prompted to provide my name, phone number, address, and DOB. This company I believe collects consumer information fraudulently and sells it to third party marketers. If this is the case I will contact a lawyer, and sue TapJoy.
 28th of Feb, 2016 by    0 Votes
Tapjoy requires you to watch videos/download apps/fill out surveys/request auto/life insurance quotes or make purchase from select companies. Tapjoy may be a viable solution for advertising, but it is a major source of frustration for consumers.

I have found it is very common to not get paid for in-game rewards from Tapjoy even after submitting reports for assistance. They are good about answering support request, but their emails are asking for information that has already been sent or the requirements are changed. I have told them to keep it. Not worth the hassle.

Almost none of the download and run apps will payout. Have not had success with any of the insurance quote offers working. The survey offers never pay out after filling out several pages. I have spent much time filling out forms to no avail.

I have received many calls from companies for insurance quotes or university information requests completed and no reward was given by Tapjoy. Even though completion of offer exactly as instructed.

There are also offers that are not supposed to require any payment, but after inspecting offer it either requires payment or Tapjoy states reward will be revoked if trial membership is canceled.
 7th of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Completed an offer to join a bingo website (dotty bingo) in order to receive in game currency for Topps Kick though the tap joy app and have so far got nothing after over a week of waiting. Have emailed several times with no reply at all. There has been no correspondence other than automatic replies. As you can only raise a ticket once there is no way to get the issue resolved if they don't deal with the first ticket.
 18th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I've been trying to contact Tapjoy for almost a week now. They have put me into a binding contract with Disney Movies that I can't get out of and they have not given me my credits. No response after NUMEROUS emails.
 24th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have had the exact same trouble with TapJoy, after weeks of fighting with them sending in email after email providing proof of completion of their offers apps downloaded, credit card transaction screenshots, welcome emails, screenshots of every offer I ever completed they still are calling me a liar and saying that I didn't complete the offer. I have a product I ordered simply because I would receive awards and I haven't gotten them, how am I lying?? They refuse to answer any of my emails anymore, totally ignore two other offers that I've completed and only focus on one, which they won't give me the rewards for. They've blocked me from commenting or messaging them on their Facebook page, or being able to warn other consumers of their lives. You can't contact or speak to anyone in person since they don't have an available phone # or reliable customer service. Once they are done with you they simply cut off all communication, whether the issue has been resolved or not. They are lying to and stealing from people and should be put out of business. They used to operate under the name Offerpal and they had a class action lawsuit brought against them for the exact same thing. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and will be filing complaints with the FTC, California Attorney General, and the California Consumer Affairs. This business is a horribl and should not be allowed to steal from, lie to, or scam the public any longer!
 29th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
Tapjoy is a scam no one has gotten any rewards from completed offers from these bastards for over a week now

TapJoy Logo TapJoy