logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
imt credit rpts ma
taking money out of my account
2. (46 mins ago)
nacons builders
nacons builders complaints
3. (46 mins ago)
Beachwood Success Method
Fraud - deducted money without permission
4. (46 mins ago)

Posted:    syntel_hater

stay away from syntel

syntel
India
Not a process oriented. Purely manager oriented. Managers are dictators.
Performance evaluation process is really pathatic.
No system for feed back.
Worst managers. 70% of managers are managers because they are with syntel for years, they are not even capable of being a s/w professional.
Worst pay hike in industry. I have seen people received less than 2000 Rs/- yearly hike, so hike per day less than 5 Rs/-, with that you don't even get a 'vada pav'.
Its a CMM level 5 company. They do maintain that by cheating the inspecting officer by showing all kinds of unfollowed processes that they are doing all that stuff.
Cheats clients and employees as well.
Very poor employee satisfaction.
No trasferency.
Comments India Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Dec, 2009 by   Common_Software_Developer +2 Votes
I have already put my papers and following it up with managers. I have the same qualms and questions about the managers abilities. I just thought that this guy has read my mind or what :)
I will definitely reveal the identities of my managers ( who have failed to make syntel a 1 billion dollar company inspite of having 12000 people on their rolls) as soon as I am out of this place.
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   darknessinside 0 Votes
I quite agree with the person, who had posted this. I had been with Syntel, Chennai for just 3 moths and guess what I had dropped my papers.

Every I.T player has it's own pros and cons, but I guess this is a bit too much on the Syntel part. Though you can't blame the entire organization for that.

There are some stuff I would like to share with you.

Pros:
1. Package for laterals is good. ** Esp if you are experienced and possess good techi stuff ( I was paid 6 L with just 3.4 yrs of exp). Take home is high..** But will get robbed with Tax, if you dont plan accordingly.
2. You know stuff and you want to implement them. Go ahead and do it. Coz they really need people who can make a difference. ** But there would be no body to back you up
3. There quite a good number of Senior Manager and Lead, who really know stuff. If you are under them you are lucky enough to learn something.
4. Onsite aspect - Yes. But you have to serve for atleast 6-12 months b4 u get one.

Cons:
1. They recruiting exp. folks on a spree. But no work. Most of 'em are in bench for almost 3 months.
2. Bad resource allocation methods. A desiring candidate who has worked on delivery projects and is keen to work on such things is being made to sit in one place doing nothing but to check mails and drink tea / or put on to internal projects.
3. Some of the leads don't even know how to compose a mail, but he claims to be 8+ years of exp. lol.
4. In case a person is given a post of P.L, don't expect him to have a team under him. He might be the only guy in the project.
 11th of Apr, 2010 by   A synteller 0 Votes
Yes that is correct... I only can say ... this working in Syntel is just like you stooping your career growth by own . If you need peace of mind work some where else other wise be ready to harassment ...
 10th of Dec, 2010 by   HarshShah85 0 Votes
Hi guys.

I m selected in syntel. I have an experience of 2.8 years. They are giving me a decent package of 4.2 lacs per annum.
I have heard that Syntel's Onsite package is very less
In TCS or Infosis the onsite package is around $3500-$4000 per month.

Can anyone gimme an idea about the onsite package of syntel.
Thanks
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   avdhesh_net +1 Votes
Strongly not recommended. Very unprofessional company.
 29th of Apr, 2011 by   synteller +1 Votes
syntel is the worst company i have seen i am working in syntel but i will advice never join syntel in any condition better to be job less than to work in syntel, no salary satisfaction and nothing, the security guards are getting more than a employee.syntel just know how to use employes without paying them, and syntel knows that if 100 employees leaves 500 will come so syntel dosent feel any thing because are here ready to work in any packages...there is no corporate culture and nothing 70 percent employee canot speak English and cant say even there name in English...such kind of employees are working...
 11th of May, 2011 by   Anil wagh -2 Votes
I am not agree with some negative point about Syntel.
Syntel got more revenue in the recession period also.
Syntel is very good organisation.
Syntel is very good organisation.
syntel doing very important activity like S`prayas.
 21st of May, 2011 by   weakling17 +1 Votes
i have been selected in off campus recruitment drive of this company this year and it has been five months, i am still waiting for my offer letter whereas they had claimed that they will b givin it to us in 15 dayz time...highly unprofessional...u mail them, call them, they will jus say that they are in process...a very negative company to begin with
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   SINKTEL 0 Votes
jccccc
 24th of Jun, 2011 by   SINKTEL 0 Votes
I completely agree and advise the same to anyone, that DO NOT join Syntel. It is not a people oriented company, but a Chennai oriented company. No offense meant to anyone, but unless you are from Chennai - DO NOT think of joining this company. There is a lot of bias, specially in mapping people on bench to various projects. Majority of the resources who are transferred to UK or any where abroad, reach there ONLY because they satisfy that basic condition - that is where they hail from. And I said MAJORITY, so do not read it as 100% - But yes, most of them !!! Coming to client satisfaction, this would probably the only company who gets happy in mismanaging the projects they have and losing out clienteles. IF you can think of all the possible negative words, you can link them to SYNTEL. Pay Wise, Benefits Wise, Opportunities Wise, Growth Wise - There is nothing inspiring to join them. And most importantly, it is one of those black listed companies. When you apply for a new role and mention that your previous employer was SYNTEL, the job consultants and recruiters just look down on you, as if you worked in a stone aged company. NO RECRUITER in UK, LONDON is even aware of this name - SYNTEL!!! So you need to explain them that SYNTEL is like any other known consultancy firms like TCS, INFOSYS etc. ONLY THEN, YES ONLY THEN will these recruiters think of asking you further. This company with it's name just puts down the value of your CV on the market...FRANKLY, if you want to join SYNTEL, join them if you are from Chennai...again no offense meant !¬¬¬¬
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   prasannah 0 Votes
ON 27/6/2011, evening i was driving my bike from siruseri suddenly one syntel bus overtaken me with close ( one second i lost my life) so overtaken the bus and i scolded the bus driver . He didnt even say sorry, instead of that he try to run over the bus on me again. some how i escaped. Then I felt bad about the Syntel company because they only given job to this type of animal human being who dont know to drive it. just i poured my heart. i dont know whether u people going take action against him or not. bus no: TN-22 BR 6972
MY MAIL ID: hawksrp@gmail.com

I lost the respect of syntel company because of their bus driver
 29th of Jun, 2011 by   I_hate_Syntel +2 Votes
Hi All, I am working with Syntel from last 1 Year.. It’s my Humble request to you all not to join Syntel. Trust me i had worked with GE, IBM and Headstrong in past, but joining Syntel was my biggest mistake. They will ruin your career. Here I am not complaining about the company or my main motive is not to take out my frustration . I just want to make you guys aware about the actual picture. Just Stay Away from SYNTEL. They will SPOIL your career.
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   maximus90 0 Votes
hello all...i hav just been selected in syntellect campus process 2011...i saw one of the previous posts say dat "one can take the job if one's from chennai"...can you be more specific??????????
 21st of Sep, 2011 by   Ex-Employee of Syntel 0 Votes
syntel as a company is not worst but the most of the managers working in syntel are wrong people because of whome the company is getting bad name.Manager consider themselvs as superiors and take their own decisions and HR is little sluggish in taking proper decisions as a whole the company is loosing respect.
 23rd of Oct, 2011 by   GEETESH INDOREWALE -1 Votes
Nothing like any problem mentioned above, Only depends upon our experiece and whatever we give, we recieve, plan to stay for long term and get success in SYNTEL itself.
 3rd of Mar, 2012 by   Mehul40 0 Votes
Syntel joining degi re
 21st of Aug, 2012 by   Gig123 +1 Votes
I am working n syntel from last few years, I must say its the worst company in terms of management is concerned, There are problems with all the companies but Syntel has the most political and incompetent management out of all, no need to mention about financial stability, Your career will be at stake both in terms of professional and financial growth, Already it is blacklisted with many companies, Policies are only to extract profits out of employees by paying less and expecting more, Even i got to work on an onsite assignment in USA but that is of no use since the salary you will get from syntel is what is paid to a part time clerk over here, If you want to be a politician in future you should join syntel as you will see all forms of tricks played to you by managers, In nut shell a company formed by most incompetent people in world who will drag you to their level if you plan to stay long.
 4th of Oct, 2012 by   Rithesh +1 Votes
H1b holders, PLEASE BE AWARE, dont join Syntel Inc USA, your life is DEAD.
 6th of Feb, 2013 by   amitfou +1 Votes
Stay away don't even think of joining Syntel. Sooner or later you will suffer as I am suffering.
 6th of May, 2013 by   razor6969 0 Votes
I agree too, its the worst company, transport is even more worst, I am a mba finance n got placed in syntel 3 mnths ago in off campus drive, wat I ve realised that they ve no respect for mbs's, they r treating them like bcom graduates n trust me 80% of the crowd working there r bcom graduated who r purely unprofessional, they r even hiring hindi n marathi medium bcom guys alsong wid external, no 1 knows english in the firm except hour dept., I jus left the company 2day itself, I asked my tl for a day off from my balance holidays n he denies n says all sorts of things to me n humiliates me n blackmails me that he ll complain to the dm or hour n all, they don't think of u as an employee but they take u as ur their slave, recently after long time syntel restructured their salary slabs n guess wat every1 gets hike that too very low n for ppl wid less than 1 year of experience gets nothing, even the unique delta force security guards r getting more salary, companies like bny don't intake candidates who ve worked in syntel as they know that they must be unprofessional n also incompetent so stay away from this company coz ur career might be in endangered, thank god I jus worked there for 3 mnths which is a small amt of time n I can forget that, politics is everything in there, I am a mba finance still they gave me the position n salary of a e0 officer who is usually taken up by bcom graduates, which means no matter how highly qualifies ur they ll take u as a bcom graduate, syntel pune has 2 cafeteria's but trust me both of them r worst, I fell sick n had loose motions after I ate there, I was working in a kpo where by we needed pc's to work on n 1 of the keyborad was broken on a particular system, the tl raised the issue n it was replaced after 3 whole mnths, I can't believe that moreover when I left the ac's on r floor weren't working since mnths n instead of replacing or repairing them they bought in table fans, wat a joke, my team's both the tl's were damn humiliating n always hurt the ego of a person, this fact is also true that syntel doesn't make profits by cost cutting, it earns by cuttting salary of employees, pays very less, lesser than market rate, I think all wanna be's work there, they make it look like everything is good but infact underneath they suck, no management skills @ all, they overload people wid too much of work, I was working for a jv between syntel n state street whose client was wellington n trust me they do nething to keep that client, they ll humiliate u emotionally torment u to work without errors which is not possible, all the ppl working there r selfish n backstab each other, when we were recruited there was no proper trainer as well to train us instead they asked us to sit besides a senior for 2-3 mnths n shadow them n expected was to learn everything, its beggar company I say, always try to save money on each n everything, if they wxpect quality work from us then they should provide training as well, the team which I worked in was full of bullies, they kept calling me n rest of the ppl of the floor wid silly names, even tl did that, how immature is that, now ipl is goin on right, now u won't believe wat m gonna tell u, the ops manager along wid the tl's n team nates do betting on the matches internally, would u call that professionalism, its worst worst experience I ve ever had in my life, working there is like being in jail, they treat u like slaves, I wouldn't recommend this company to ne1 to workin, jus stay away from it

Voting Against the Recently-Passed U.S. Health Care Reform