logo

Ballard Designs
Do not order from them
4. (8 mins ago)
Dr. Hardik Vyas / Hardik Vyas / Rahul Vyas
Fraud guy on matrimony sites
5. (29 mins ago)
Puerto Bahia
Timeshare

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sunlight Saunas, Overland Park, Kansas Complaints & Reviews - Sunlight Saunas Scam, Overpriced Junk, Chinese Made, 30% Return FEE!

Sunlight Saunas Contacts & Informations

Sunlight Saunas

Posted:    Caveat emptor2

Sunlight Saunas Scam, Overpriced Junk, Chinese Made, 30% Return FEE!

Sunlight Saunas
7373 W 107th St
Overland Park, Kansas
Phone: (877) 292-0020
sunlightsaunas.com
Sunlight Saunas is nothing more than a huge scam. I attended a trade show in May, and purchased a Sunlight Sauna from www.sunlightsaunas.com for my wife that has MS. This was supposed to be a great product for my wife….. I later found I was ripped off on price versus the quality I received. What junk! From the beginning all they did is LIE to me and my wife. They told me they made everything in the US – WRONG – then when I called they said just the heaters were made in the US. WRONG – the heaters have Chinese writing on the back and the box has Chinese writing. The wood is junk, started to warp only after 6 times using the product. The heaters barley heat up and when they do the sauna starts to smell. Maybe out gassing – it is made in CHINA.

After knowing I have been ripped off I called them to get a refund. They told me I would have to pay:(a) storage fees and costs associated with re-routing the Goods; (b) a handling and restocking fee in the amount of $499 USD for each Signature, $499 USD for each Select, $199 USD for each Solo sauna.

I ended up being told the shipping and storage fees were $440.00 then the $499 restocking fee for a total of $939.00! I only PAID $3200.00 for the sauna THAT’S A 30% FEE JUST TO RETURN THE SAUNA.

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY FROM THESE LIARS. THEY MAY LOOK BETTER BUT THEY ARE JUNK AND OVERPRICED.
Comments United States Pool & Bath Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Feb, 2010 by   Karen Van Cleef 0 Votes
I disagree. I had nothing but a good experience with Sunlight Sauna's customer service. My sauna has a beautiful cedar smell and I use it daily. I could not live without it and recommend it highly. I have never seen a negative review on this sauna before, so I suggest anyone reading this toss this review to the wind. - Karen Van Cleef, Founder ToothSoap dot com
 29th of Apr, 2010 by   mslisacook 0 Votes
So did you actually ever try the sauna? These are fabulous and I love them. Their customer service is wonderful. It may definitely be prefereable if everything were made in the US (I'm not sure what is or isn't) but this product is worth it's weight in gold when it comes to the health benefits I've received.
 18th of Jun, 2010 by   kirkwall 0 Votes
I also disagree, I bought my three person cedar Sunlight sauna in 2007 and love it. It has performed flawlessly and has been everything i expected. I am sorry yo hear your experience was less than satisfactory.

Rick Brunson
 19th of Jun, 2010 by   Jason112 0 Votes
For those of you with the sunlight saunas, how long does it take to heat up? My NEW unit is taking 1 1/2 hours to get to 128.

Jason S.
 29th of Aug, 2010 by   Monica Gagne 0 Votes
I bought our sunlight sauna in 2007 and we LOVE it!! I also had a problem with the sauna taking about 45 minutes to heat up, i called our power company and they came out and put monitors on our meter and detected that we had insufficient power coming into the house from the main transformer. They installed a new transformer and it solved the problem, the sauna now heats up in about 15 minutes.
 28th of Jan, 2011 by   Shirley Beitch 0 Votes
we odered our impluse spa back in August of 2010. Still haven't received the spa, but they did take our money. First they said it would be delivered at the end of January 2011, now they say that nobody made that promise and our spa won't be avaiable until aroud April or May of this year 2011. Why advertise for a spa you don't even have until 5-8 months away and still don't know if it will be delivered. Anyone ordering a new spa should check if it is avaiable and in stock, not still being made in Vietnam. Not very happy with thisw company on their honesty. Norm Florez, CA.
 1st of Feb, 2011 by   Greenville 44 0 Votes
Sunlighten Saunas are a ripoff, I have had two boards burn and replaced.The first time
I replaced myself, the second time they said they would send an electician.Never happened.
After they sent the new board without a new powercord I have called several times.So far
I have received two powercords.Guess what.Neither of them are the correct cords.They dont
even know what cords go with what sauna.Brian, Brooke and Pat are of no help.Pat even had the nerve to laugh about it.Whatever you do spend the extra money and Dont buy a
sauna from Sunlighten.You will be sorry.One month later my sauna still doesn't work.They
say it wont catch my house on fire.Do you want to take that chance?
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   Fairsoul 0 Votes
I am confused:( I am trying to buy one but not sure anymore. I want know If all products made in japan? because I don't trust chines products anyone can answer this for me? Thanks
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   kirkwall 0 Votes
I spend two months each year on business in China. The short story regarding China and the products it produces ranges from the best consumer grade tools and high end clothing to inexpensive value based products. To summarily discount all products made in China will put you at a decided disadvantage as you make your purchase decisions.

My three person Sunlight sauna has been used approximately twice a week since October 2007 and I have had no problems. It has served me well, however it does take around 45 minutes to get up to 140 degrees. I recommend the three person sauna as you can lay down and fall asleep listening to music or the radio. The two and four person do not have room to lie down ... which is important to me. I have heard Sunlight changed ownership in the past few years but I don't know the details.

Lastly, I live in Mexico in the winter and will most likely retire there in the next 10 years. At that time I intend to disassemble my Sunlight and take it to Mexico.
 20th of Mar, 2011 by   Sunlighten Saunas Suck 0 Votes
The mPulse is a terrible product so far and customer service is taking forever to fix the issues. I created a Facebook page to post all the issues. Like it if you have experienced similar problems. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunlighten-Saunas-Suck/196791760344224
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   Kenneth P. Kula 0 Votes
To All:

I am an Attorney and represent Sunlighten. The "Complaints" posted hereon appear to be HOAXES or--worse yet--a competitor of Sunlighten who is attempting to compete unfairly with Sunlighten by pretending to be consumers. Sunlighten has the highest ethical standards in the business and values every customer. It will do "whatever it takes" to try to resolve a situation and does not tolerate or encourage false, misleading, or disparaging advertisements or sales practices. A review of its sales records does not find any of the individuals who supposedly purchased at the time, place, manner, or under the names or e-mails provided in these "Complaints."

If any of these individuals who wrote these "Complaints" truly had the experience that is described, those individuals need to contact me immediately, and I will discuss the situation, determine who the "sales rep" was that talked to the individual, and take any and all corrective actions that is needed.

Sunlighten stands 100% behind its product, its management, its employees, and--most importantly--its customers. I encourage each author of the "Complaints" to contact me directly (214) 979-1122 to substantiate the claim and, if true, obtain relief for the unfortunate and isolated incident.

If the individual does not contact me within one week, I will assume--as I presently do--that this is a HOAX.

Kenneth P. Kula, Esq.
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   Sunlighten Saunas Suck 0 Votes
Dear Kenneth and Sunlighten Saunas,

While we are on the subject of hoaxes and fake reviews, I would like to bring to your attention a series of fake review sites that are run by Sunlighten Saunas. They were clearly created to spam the search engines and mislead potential customers.

You will notice that none of the sites contain any way to post real reviews and all the reviews are surprisingly positive. Upon closer inspection, the people in the reviews have the same last names as Sunlighten employees. It appears that the positive "customer" reviews are staged and biased.

Sunlighten Saunsa has shown itself to be dishonest and to use unethical tactics to trick their customers into spending money on a substandard product and service. Your letter comes off more as a threat than an effort to resolve a sitution. You are only confirming that Sunlighten Saunas cares more about their reputation than customer satisfaction.
 1st of May, 2011 by   atlantadt 0 Votes
Dear "I am an Attorney"
How is it that whenever real customers have complaints your company it writes it off as "Hoaxes" or "a competitor" has it ever occurred to you that these maybe REAL customers, with REAL complaints that your "great" company never addressed or cares to address?

I have read countless complaints against your company and they all seem pretty reputable to me, now what does seem very suspicious to me are the "Happy customer reviews" those seem staged and most likely written by you or employees of the company. I have never seen anyone write reviews on a complaint board that are happy because most like these happy customers do not go out looking for bad reviews so that they can post "happy" reviews to negate them. Usually pissed off customer go to these extremes because they feel ripped off and the company didn't do much to remedy the situation and it is quite obvious that Sunlighten spends a great deal of resources trying to remove negative feedback, but if the company was so great it would spend the time to address customer issues versus creating fake websites. That is what is called character!

I would never do business with this company and I find that very amusing that you call yourself a professional attorney but yet post on this board dismissing the validity of the complaint of people. I would assume that you would be busy handling real cases unless Sunlighten is your only paying client.
 4th of May, 2011 by   Kenneth P. Kula 0 Votes
To All:

My offer still stands and has yet to be accepted. If anyone out there has a genuine complaint and does not believe he or she is getting satisfactory responses from Sunlighten's customer service, please call me with all the details so that I may bring it to management's attention and attempt to remedy the situation.

Thank you.

Kenneth P. Kula, Esq. (214) 979-1122
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   NoirAngelique 0 Votes
It appears that there are two different companies with similar names being reviewed here. Sunlighten and Sunlight Saunas are two different websites and companies. People should figure out where they ordered from before making statements about their product. There are numerous posts here about Sunlighten when the original complaint was about Sunlight Saunas. It's really helpful to read ALL the words and read them correctly before you decide you're finished reading and start responding. This particular page is a testament to the abysmal reading comprehension skills we have in the U.S. anymore.

Also, watch out for cedar...this is NOT a recommended wood for saunas as toxic fumes leach from cedar when heated. When buying, make sure of the size of the boards in the walls. Four inch boards tend to warp after not much use. Make sure the boards are no more than two inches wide.
 27th of Jun, 2011 by   NoirAngelique 0 Votes
My apologies, I made a mistake in my post. Since I cannot find a way to edit it, this is my correction. I said to watch out for cedar as it was not a recommended wood for saunas due to toxic fumes. I should have extended that to include watch out for UNTREATED cedar...it's fine if it's been properly kiln dried and treated. But if the company cuts corners and uses cheaper cedar that has not met these requirements, the fumes can be toxic. Word.
 30th of Jun, 2011 by   PRConsumer 0 Votes
I ordsered an mPulse Conquer November 2010. The sales person told me the demand for this sauna was so high that it would not be delivered until February 2011. When February came and went without a word, I contacted the sales person and he told me to contact customer service and gave me a name and telephone number. I called and they told me it would be delivered in March. March came and went without a word. I called again and they told me May. May came and went without a word. So I called again. They told me June. Now June is nearly gone so I called them. The girl I spoke with said they redesigned the sauna so it would be better and that a customer service rep would call me back. Why didn't they contact the customers to tell the product was being redesigned. Sounds like another excuse to me. I am still waiting for the call. Now that I've read all these reviews, I am very nervous about their products. I was told if I canceled the order, I would lose my $1, 000.00 deposit. Has anyone canceled and retrieved their deposit? I am on the verge of taking legal action.
 26th of Aug, 2011 by   Mayal 0 Votes
We bought our Sunlight sauna in 2007 and have been quite happy with it. The shipment came when promised and the delivery man put the sauna together for us.

I use it approximately twice a week and after four years it still looks very much like new. The radio/cd player, the control panel and all the lights are working fine after all the usage. I love the fragrance of cedar when I heat the sauna.

I do not get tired in an infrared sauna like I do in the traditional Finnish sauna. If I were to buy another sauna it would be from Sunlight.
 27th of Sep, 2011 by   ryzopan 0 Votes
Has anyone used/have the Sunlighten eMPOWER sauna? This is their 6 person infrarend sauna. I am looking for more information on these, than what is on their website.
 24th of Oct, 2011 by   jacktrout 0 Votes
SUNLIGHTEN are horrible company! Stay AWAY! They are robbing me off 5, 000!!! Two months---NO SPA!!!
BEWARE!!! They are trying to cheat me!!!

Identity-Fraud