logo

Mr Delivery
worst company ever
2. (6 mins ago)
Mr Delivery
Now for the third time they have fallen through with my order
3. (17 mins ago)
WowCuba
Complaints NOT!!!
5. (1 hr 0 mins ago)
CompleteSave.co.uk
unauthorised deduction from my credit card

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sundance Vacations, Downer's Grove, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent misrepresentation

Sundance Vacations Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Nichole

Fraudulent misrepresentation

3000 Finley Road
Downer's Grove, Illinois
I entered to win a $50, 000 prize at the 'tour de elk grove' (a summer festival) when I 'won!' a trip for 3 days, 2 nights at a Marriott of my choice.. After being very spektical, as I should have been, then HARASSED me almost by calling me nearly 2 or 3 times a day.. The telemarketers are EXRTEEMLY pleasant and REALLY make you feel like they understand your sketisim.. SOO she now offered me 'free airfare' and a 'free $1, 000 online shopping spree' ahhhhh RIGHT! but I figured they specifically said this is NOT for a timeshare or to buy anything.. that its just their way of 'advertising their travel discounts' So what DO i have to lose?? well over an hour and a half of my time and LONGER if you dont have the 'i'm out of here' attitude..

They insisted I bring my boyfriend because we live together - so we went.. It was a rainy friday night, we didnt have anything special to do, its right down the street - and if we can just stick to the little weekend get-away they we offering - cool! then I had NO problem listening to the 'presentation'

To my surprise a room full of people also showed up! I figured that we ALL couldnt be suckers!! but anyways - The presentation was short but introducing us to their sales pitch.. for a FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLAR TRAVEL PACKAGE!!! $15, 000!?? WOW! for not 25 BUT 30 weeks of VACATION! (on special that day! of course!) Then Dwayne ends the presentation by having a SWARM of sales people wisk us away to their desks to see if we would like to right a check or finance the $15, 000 package...

I just started laughing!! my boyfriend asks the kid that 'has been there 4 weeks' if he was serious!? of course he says, 'yeah, why!?' He said well its $12, 000 today - with the 20% off not $15, 000 BUT THAT MONEY HAS TO BE PAID THAT DAY - AT THAT TIME - NO time to even think about it! Then or never they said!!!

When I made it clear that we ARE NOT interested in purchasing ANY type of package and that I would NOT be writing him a check or having the package financed.. He brought his 'boss' over to the desk.. The boss then does us a 'SPECIAL deal' of $7, 800 for a smaller package.. which we were so aggravated that I wasnt even listening what it was for.. So I said NO.. please just let us go - we arent buying anything.. the kid throws in there 'wow! he never passes that out! he must have liked you guys..'
PLEASE!!!

Then they sit us in another little room to wait for the manager to 'validate our vouchers' I asked the girls that were sitting in the room waiting with us if they were offered the 'special deal..' and the guy must have liked them too because they were offered it!! SURPRISE SURPRISE!!

After being there for an hour and a half they wisk us away now to the manager's office.. who now offers us 'a special package that they only let him use twice a year..' for $895 and he could waive some fees.. blah blah blah - THAT was in fact the final attempt to get me to turn over a check to them.. but a scam none-the less..
I then checked on here (because a friend told me about /link removed/ and of course the place that our FREE TRIP is from is called Spirit Incentives and there's pages and pages of horror stories.. not to mention the complaints about Sundance Vacations..

I know now to check this whenever skeptical!! and just wanted to give a heads up to anyone willing to WASTE their Friday night like we did - DONT DO IT!! its a waste of time and is a complete JOKE!

I have tried calling the location I went to - to question this 'free trip' that they gave us.. along with the Online shopping spree that I did not receive and it keeps looping me through an automated system that wont even get me thru to the receptionist.. And I've been calling the number that they had me do the reservation to hear the 'presentation' thru and they gave me a bogus number to contact Spirit..

I never thought of myself as a stupid person - but holy cow- today I feel like SUCH an IDIOT for going to this thing!! the only thing making me feel better is to warn those of you that are considering going!!

Nichole
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Comments United States Travel & Vacations
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

17th of Oct, 2008 by   Sundance Vacations +1 Votes
Hello!

I am so sorry to hear about your experience with Sundance Vacations. Our customer service department would like to help you with this. The goal of our company is to ensure every clients happiness. Please call 1-888-257-8400, and someone will assist you with this and any questions or concerns you may have.

18th of Oct, 2008 by   E.Sinclair +1 Votes
Just went for the free "won" vacation...high pressure sales tactics and blatant lies were what we encountered...i felt like punching the slimy geek in the head!! Dont go in..its a waste of time!
 19th of Oct, 2008 by   Sue +1 Votes
We received the infamous call from Sundance Vacations and the telemarketers ARE very polite but they start out with a brazen lie by saying they're not trying to "sell" anything.

They're trying to "sell" a vacation membership. You're NOT obligated to buy but they ARE trying to "sell" something.

When a company lies from the get go that's a Red flag. Sundance Vacations is spending money on telemarketing salaries and other marketing costs but they're not trying to "sell" anything? C'mon, get real!

Sundance Vacations is in the business of selling vacations, why don't they just be honest about it? What are they trying to hide?
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   Sundance Vacations 0 Votes
Sue,
I am very pleased to read that you were treated politely. We demand professional and polite behavior from every employee. Every employee signs an ethics statement at the start of their employment promising to present company information in a truthful manner.

There are many companies whose business plan includes phone sales. They try to sell vitamins, home improvement, credit card enrollment, long distance, etc, etc. by telemarketing. Sundance Vacations is not one of those companies. It is a very truthful statement that Sundance Vacations does NOT sell anything by telephone.

We are in the business of selling vacations- in person, face to face. Please accept my apology if you misunderstood our “no phone sales” message to mean that we were not a normal business with a product to sell.

Our script informs potential customers that we’d like them to attend a brief introduction about our service and that there is no obligation to make a purchase. If the staff member who spoke to you did not use this phrase, please email me. An anonymous post isn’t useful for searching our database but if you email me your name or phone number, I promise to go directly to the telemarketer. Even if you choose to remain anonymous you can be assured that the importance of your feedback will be discussed with staff managers and employees.

Thank you for your comments.
 23rd of Oct, 2008 by   Sundance Vacations 0 Votes
E. Sinclair,
Blatant lies? Who'd you speak with? Let us look into this matter, call us at 888-257-8400 or email pr@vacmail.com

Thanks for the opportunity to make this right.
 1st of Nov, 2008 by   Don't Know +2 Votes
Ok so my wife filled out a entry form for a 'FREE VACATION'. About one month later we received a call telling us that we one a cruise to the Bahamas!! And all we had to do was drive to there place of buisness and spend a hour with them. Of course I was skeptical but I had no idea what we were in for until we got to this place.

So we get to this place and its a out of business hotel that they a rented out probably and made into a make shift office/conference place. We walk in fill out a short application and sign something that stated why we were there 'FREE TRIP'.
It seemed ok so far. We watched a short film showing all the fun that people have on there trips. It still was not horrible. Then the film was over. Then this girl started asking everyone where they would want to go on vacation and how much they thought it would cost to make that happen. She went on to show how much we would pay through there 'whole sale programs'. Then like gangbusters a group of people busted through the door and started yelling out names of everyone who was in attendance. We were all shuffled out of the room and into a conference room where we were subjected to about three different sales people who were trying to strong arm sell us on there products and services, and each new person was slashing prices faster than Wallmart in a bad economy during Christmas in a recession!

Finally we made it through that and were sent into another room where we sat for a few minutes. Then walked into a small office were this person was continuing to attempt to sell us something anything. My wife and I almost thought we were going to have to buy something just to get out of this place.

Long story we did get a 'voucher for a free trip' but after reading the discamers I was reminded that nothing is free!! PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME STAY AT HOME !! THERE IS NO FREE ANYTHING!! Buy your vacations just like you always have!

Dave
Antioch, Illinois
 2nd of Nov, 2008 by   Lizzette +2 Votes
Sundance vacations lured me to their Princeton, NJ offices to see a 90 minute presentation of their company. In return we were supposed to receive a 5 day cruise on Royal Caribbean out of Port Liberty, NJ to Bermuda. Well it didn't happen not only was the presentation a 3 hour hard sell of vacations in bulk, but the cruise turned out not to 'BE AVAILABLE' SORRY!

So here I sit 2 months later feeling battered and foolish as well as minus $398 I paid in port charges with no to Bermuda to show for it. They should not be allowed to offer cruises and not give them. Even time share companies forfill the gifts they offer when you endure you of their presentations. Sundance Vacations are unethical and corrupt!!!

Lizzette
 19th of Nov, 2008 by   James +2 Votes
I received a couple voicemails saying I'd won a package, called the number, and found out that all I'd have to do was pay the taxes of over $100 LOL.

What reputable company posts as "Communications Director" without listing their first or last name.

"Communications Director, " what's your name?

See also /URL removed/
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   Lilliana +2 Votes
I have received a call from Dennis Brady, a representative from Sundance Vacations at ext. 346 on Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:57 am, saying that he received my entry form from the sweepstakes that I entered at the Bulls game in Chicago on November 8, 2008. He said that I will receive a complimentary cruise package for two to Bahamas with an airfaire. A vacations package that is worth $2500.

I did fill out a sweeptstakes at the Bulls game on November 8, 2008 but it was to win season tickets to the Bulls games and not some vacations! I thought that was a little strange.

I called back and a lady answered. She said that ext. 346 was unaivailable right away and asked if I have just received a message about a cruise. I asked her how did she know? She said, 'That that's what we do. We're a new company and we're trying to sell our vacation packages. We're giving away vacations by promoting our new company.'

I thought that was funny because Dennis Brady said in the voicemail: 'We have been a sponsor of the Bulls for 18 years!'. So obviously one of them was lying already! I hate people that try to take advantage of me.

The lady told me that in order to receive this cruise I have to come in to their office in Downer's Grove, IL by the end of the week by 6:30 pm and listen to one hour vacation packages presentation. She said that I did not have to purchase any of the packages but if I came in for one hour I would receive the free 3 nights cruise and airfaire.

Right away, I figured it was a scam. I looked them up on the internet like I do with everyone and found out that it really is a scam. I had people try to sell me timeshares and vacation packages before and they are really persistent. I just know how to say NO to them but it still pisses me off when people try to scam me!!! Bastards!!! Do not call Sundance Vacations back if you will receive their call unless you want to be ripped off! I'm pretty sure you dont though!

This company should be sued and they scammers should be arrested! I filled out a raffle at the Bulls game to win free season tickets and I don't appreciate Sundance Vacation calling me and trying to scam me to buy some vacation packages! Rip off!!!

Lilliana
Northbrook, Illinois
 3rd of Dec, 2008 by   ccd +2 Votes
I think it's hilarious that they have their web ads on this site. Just keep clicking on those ads as much as you can. They have to pay per click!

I had an appointment to go to Sundance Vacations TONIGHT to get my free 3-night cruise. Thank goodness I did some research today. I will NOT be showing up!
 17th of Dec, 2008 by   just_learning +2 Votes
i just received my call today. i entered the drawing at the bulls game the weekend of halloween. after reading this and other sites, i won't be showing up tomorrow.

i have read other sites where folks actually did go on the free trip (after paying airplane fees and surcharges and a 50 buck deposit). they said they had a "fairly" good time (aside from sitting through a presentation.

if you are not trying to buy anything and you just showed up for a free vacay... i dont see the issue. but if you allow someone to sell you something you've never seen.. well then you have bigger issues than sundance vacations.

if something sounds too easy then you know it's wrong. i have learned my lesson from you all learning yours.

i will not be showing up tomorrow.
 26th of Dec, 2008 by   Elaine +2 Votes
SUNDANCE VACATIONS "THERE AIN'T NO FREE" NOTHING

I recently had an experience with a "travel" company in Brookfield, WI. After entering a contest at a promotional booth at the Milwaukee ZOO to win a "Free Ford Expedition or $50, 000" I received a call that I had "WON a trip to the Bahamas" and that all I had to do was come to the travel companies office and listen to an introduction to their company with no obligation to purchase and I would receive my free trip. Well my husband and I went to the office and listened to a intro and sales pitch that was quite convincing and seemed legit and reasonable. We were convinced during a high pressure sales pitch... which was like the most stresseful used car deal you can imagine..into purchasing a vacation package that included 12 vacations for $3600, supposedly anywhere in the US at one of this "whole sale companies Luxury resorts". I thoroughly read the details of the contract we signed and left feeling somewhat shocked that this company could offer such an opportunity.

Well, once home I went to the companies web site and did some research (which I later regretted doing after the fact). There were two lines in the contract that stated exceptions for additional costs and "Peak Season travel and Black out dates etc." Turns out these times are 80-90% of the year and the cost to use your trips at those times is significantly higher. The reviews all over the internet (except those testimonials on the companies website) all state similar experiences with a deceptive company that is legit and registered with the BBB, but scams customers by omission. I Cancelled my check to the company that night and made a call to their customer service department the next day, trying to clarify my concerns.

The woman offered me a cheaper deal on the vacations and tried to convice me that this was something that was "Good for my Family" I then told her to cancel my contract on the basis of omission of the facts about what the travel trips really included, or I would possibley have to take legal action due to the omission of the details and the invalid statements of the presentation, execution and wording of my contract. It wasn't until I mentioned anything legal that she agreed to cancel. I think that local comsumers need to know the details of the operation of this company before they walk innocently into their office thinking that the won a free trip. Please GOOGLE the company name. You'll find a slew of similar experiences. Fortunately I was able to get out of my contract before I lost any money, but others may not. My advice... "There Ain't NO FREE"... don't waste your time. Check out this thread.. http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=328828
October 16, 2008 by Elaine
 22nd of Jan, 2009 by   sundance vacations 0 Votes
My Experience With Sundance Vacations

How My Free Trip With Sundance Vacations Turned Out
 28th of Jan, 2009 by   AkiraWulf +2 Votes
The Sundance Vacations sweepstakes is a big scam! The only purpose of the sweepstakes is to get your contact information then Sundance Vacations will call your phone number relentlessly, day and night, in an attempt to get you into one of their high pressure sales offices with the promise of a gift that you’ll probably never use because of all the restrictions and black-out dates. Think about it, do you really believe that Sundance Vacations just wants to give away freebies? That dog don’t hunt!

God forbid you should buy into their spiel, but if you experience ANY problems with Sundance Vacations you should contact the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Hotlines.

The following are the toll-free consumer complaint hotlines for each of the four states in which Sundance Vacations operates:

(1) Pennsylvania 1-800-441-2555

(2) New Jersey 1-800-242-5846

(3) Wisconsin 1-800-422-7128

(4) Illinois 1-800-386-5438

Whatever you do don’t call Sundance Vacations; it makes no sense to call the scammer about the scam! They burn you once, shame on them; they burn you twice, shame on you!

Additional information may be obtained by Googling: “Sundance Vacations Sweepstakes Scam” (without the quotation marks)

“Scam” - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary: “a fraudulent or deceptive act or operation.” That’s Sundance Vacations; plain and simple!
 21st of Feb, 2009 by   Wojofamily +2 Votes
We too are another EXTREMELY UNHAPPY Sundance Vacation owners! We fell hook, line & sinker for this outrageous, to good to be true package! Unfortunately we paid in full and are regretting the whole deal! When we attempted to book our first vacation, we were informed that there were hidden costs everywhere! Our sales rep. mislead us through the entire presentation. He (and another associate) convinced us that a family of 5 would be extremely comfortable at their beautiful resorts in several locations for $99 - every vacation, every time. Never once telling us that a family of 5 would be considered an upgrade to a 2-bedroom room with additional costs. Not to mention the $30 additional per room fee. Tell me Sundance how the heck can you fit 5 people comfortably into 1-room that accommodates barely 4 people. Not to mention that their facilities are extremly run down and outdated, nothing is available when YOU want to go on vacation. Sundance & Plan with Tan have gone out of their way to avoid us or to make any arrangements/additional accommodations. They have nothing but ENDLESS promises & ENDLESS hidden costs. THIS IS A TOTAL SCAM!!!

Another Dissatisfied Sundance Sucker!! Wojo
 26th of Feb, 2009 by   Franzyshen -1 Votes
I work for Sundance as a telemarketer.
People say how pleasant and convincing we are.
It's because we truly believe in our company.
We only do the calls, most of us aren't even in the offices that do the presentation.

I can say this:

The marketers are told to inform the people that they DIDN'T WIN ANYTHING. I know for a fact that 90% do say this. And i can say from experience that alot of people just assume they won it, even after i tell them they didn't.

Also, we're told to make sure you understand it's NOT FREE. Once again i know atleast most people follow that rule. We tell you that it's not free because you DO have to pay the taxes, and you are paying us with an hour of your time.

We're also supposed to inform you that we will attempt to sell. We make sure you understand that you don't have to in order to recieve the cruise, but they are hoping to impress you enough that you want to.

Now i've personally spoken to many people who were very happy with the cruise.
And any instance that resulted in salespeople lying, pressuring, or you not recieving what was promised is not our fault, and we honestly do believe in our company.

You guys who are not satisfied represent a very small amount of our customers. Obviously people who are happy with our company are not going to post on scam sites.
 2nd of Mar, 2009 by   angela +1 Votes
Thank you all so much, I almost made a mistake of going 2 sundance vacation office in new jersey.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   TypingTheTruth -1 Votes
These are all pissed off losers who are pee'd because they didn't get a free lunch on the back of someone else.

Nichole from Elk Grove Village, Illinois: trying to close a sale is not a scam! Go get an education, you are stupid.
Dave from Antioch, Illinois: you got your voucher, you didn't buy a package...what' can't afford the refundable $50 deposit? Get a job, earn some money and stop trying to freeload off society you lazy cheap bastard!
Lilliana from Northbrook, Illinois: What should Sundance be sued for? promoting a product by giving away a prize. If that's the case then we should start with Kellogs or any company that gives away coupons. This isn't a scam, you retard--you wouldn't know a scam if it hit you in the nuts.
AkiraWulf: wtf? you really don't understand how the world works do you? Business buy these promotions to give out. They are offered by another company and have nothing to do with who is giving them out. I heard a car dealer giving away a free vacations too...it's not a scam...it's a promotion...live life a little longer and get out of the house once in a while.

Wojofamily --- I've been to a Sundance Vacations meeting and they tell you everything. Let me guess, you expected to stay at the Grand Floridian in Walt Disney world for two weeks with you and 15 of your closest relatives...come on! I've traveled using Sundance Vacations and I paid $199 to stay in a very nice home in Colorado for one week. That's it...$199. Other's at my business convention were very jealous that I was staying in condo suite while they were cramped in a hotel. Did I mention it cost me $199. You expect the world but you want it for free, right? You and people like you are the reason our economy is in the crap...let me guess your in forclosure because you wanted a $500K house for $750/month, too. Be realistic. What did the contract you signed say? I thought so.

Deserie: are you too stupid to pick up a phone? Sounds like your beef is with Spirit Incentives, not Sundance Vacations.

*****************************************************
If you are thinking about going to Sundance Vacations
*****************************************************
1) don't listen to these stupid people...they had unrealistic expectations and they got what
----expect to get a certificate for a vacation
----expect to pay a little bit (deposit whatever)
2) give Sundance a chance, for god's sake
----they are just a company trying to make a go
----if you don't like their product offering say no
3) go and find out for yourself...don't let these jerks make you miss out on a low cost opportunity
----you are smarter than these loosers
----you are expected to pay a little because you know nothing is 'free'
----Sundance has a lot of customers...they must have found value ...maybe it works for some and not for others like Bran Muffins and Soy Milk.
4) be polite, please...these employees are just trying to make a go of things
----you can say no and be polite
----i've read what their employees posted here and they sound polite
----the telemarketer above sounds like she is trying to do the right thing
5) don't come on these forums and try to blast a company because you didn't like their product
----your momma taught you betta that that, dip wod

Who am I...i'm someone who is sick of reading these pathetic posts. Move to a communist country if you don't like free enterprise!!! I'm just someone typeingthetruth: http://typingthetruth.iblog.my/
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   Dolores +1 Votes
To "typingthetruth": If you can't debate the substance of the issue, you attack the writers. LOL. The oldest despicable tactic in the book!

All those "stupid, " "lazy cheap bastards, " "retards, " and other personally disparaging remarks only magnifies your ignorance. These are just average Americans expressing their opinions from their own prospectives, and whether or not you agree with them I seriously doubt that anyone cares.

Well, I "typethetruth" also on my blog and whether or not you may be interested I could care less. I post it here for the benefit of the consumer! No http's, no www's, just a truthful, well researched and articulate expression of my opinion >>> naskiewicz.blogspot.com (Just cut & paste it in the Google search bar ) >>> naskiewicz.blogspot.com.
 5th of Mar, 2009 by   Dolores +1 Votes
This may make it a little eeasier: http://tinyurl.com/aa9k29 (Copy and paste into Google search box)

Tips for Consumers Being Harassed by Debt Collectors