logo

fake lootery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

sunbeam heating blanket, Westerly, Rhode Island Complaints & Reviews - contro light blinks

sunbeam heating blanket Contacts & Informations

sunbeam heating blanket

Posted:    charles lombardo

contro light blinks

Westerly, Rhode Island
Phone: 401-596-5121
After using blanket for the night, light on control blinks. Unable to stop blinking. Stops blinking when unplugged. Reason for blinking. Many Thanks
Comments United States Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of Dec, 2010 by   brisc001 0 Votes
I am having to join the ranks of the blinking Sunbeam electric blanket controller. I have a dual control electric matress pad. Luckily, my side is still working, but the "passenger" side is blinking and doesn't heat. This matress pad wasn't cheap, either. Come on Sunbeam, give us a break, and take back your inferior products and give us all refunds. Signed, shivering and cold in 'Bama.
 27th of Dec, 2010 by   Sue Parnell 0 Votes
I just bought a blaket. Used it one night and its blinking . This is my second blanket . I will never buy another one.
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   Krae02 0 Votes
I have a Sunbeam that I bought back in 2008 used it one season packed it away and didn't use again until this winter. Worked for a couple of weeks and now have blinking light on one side of blanket. The other side varies in its temperature control will be burning hot and then not barely even warm all the while on the same setting. The side that blinks wont turn off by control has to be unplugged to get it to actually turn off. This is a king size electric blanket and paid well over $80 for it. I don't have huge expectations for products in this day and age but more than one season for that price is an absolute must. As with many of you I also cannot find my warranty info, but I am going searching here on the internet and if I can find anything I will be sure to pass it on!!
 2nd of Jan, 2011 by   Krae02 0 Votes
Hey all this is what I have found hope that it is useful to you. Check out this web site it is a manual and warranty info on the sunbeam electric blankets, throws and mattress pads. Please let me know if any of you get anything resolved! http://www.sunbeam.com/manuals/SunbeamBedding/BeddingMan06-English.pdf
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   John Oregon 0 Votes
I started having the same issue after 2 years and think I know what might be a fix.. and I curl up in mine a lot outside while smoking.. and it's not well treated. What I just did that worked was and fingers crossed it will continue to work.. is plug it in.. turn it to the temp you want.. and then get in under it or like me.. wrap yourself around it. So 1st plug it in and turn it to the heat temp you want.. with it laying out nicely and not bunched up like I do with it once I'm curled up in it outside in a chair.. then have your way with it, wrap yourself in it, etc. See if that works.. it just did for me.
 7th of May, 2011 by   realitytest 0 Votes
If only it were possible to give a MINUS rating!

Everyone says the same thing I myself have experienced - you're lucky you make it through a single heating season with these damned blankets. I must have run through a dozen in as many years . What's more, their heating pads stink too.

But all I can think is WHY DOESN'T SOMEBODY COME ALONG AND CORNER THE MARKET BY MAKING ONE THAT ACTUALLY - gasp! - WORKS?! There is a superb market niche sitting there, just waiting for a chance. It's a better opportunity than if there were NO electric blankets on the market at all, because at this point, everyone is furious with Sunbeam.

Speaking for myself, I only buy them because nothing else is around and I GET COLD. Simple. Yes, I know I'm just renting it for a season - worse still, wasting space in the landfills...

Someone less apathetic - help!
 20th of May, 2011 by   hsug2020 0 Votes
I purchased my queen size dual control blanket in 2010 (No Receipt of course) I live in Wisconsin were the weather is up & down all year. We had a warm spell so I unplugged it when I plugged it back in, the heat indicators started flashing (even when unplugged from blanket.)
The numbers I found on the blanket are Style 84SQ (RN17280 BK026584 P.N. 121135-010
B245 W376604 A09R3. Any help or tips would help me a hell of a lot, contacting me would be sign
that you care about your customers and the products that keep your company running especially in this category. If I would of read these comments before making my purchase Sunbeam would be down on my list. A responce would show me you actually read your customers complaints

Please respond to Harley Suggar e-mail harleysug@sbcglobal.net
Harley Suggar 7315 34th AVE. Kenosha, 53142
262-654-1687
 25th of Nov, 2011 by   no likey sunbeam! 0 Votes
NOT happy with my sunbeam throw. It is like all the others blinking and not heating up. It was expensive for it's size and has only been used a few times. I feel so scammed and ripped off! I will never invest in Sunbeam again!!!
 6th of Feb, 2012 by   FRIGID IN OREGON 0 Votes
Sun Bum is more like it. 4 heating pads 2 small and 2 long. The cords and controllers just pulled away on both of them. By the 4th one we reinforced the controller with electrical tape. Nothin doing that sucker still came apart. Then one foggy Christmas eve my hubby bought me a heated blanky same company. I think we are on number 5 now? That stupid freaking
controller worked 2 months and the light started flashing first on low then straight to high but did not heat up at all. I tried everything. I even petted it and kissed it. Well, it was still so soft it felt like my kitty lol. I was so mad I drowned it. The blanky not the kitty. I have arthritis and Fibromyalgia. I sure would like to get JUST ONE THAT WORKED!!! ugh. SUN BUM YOU GUYS SUCK!!
 15th of Nov, 2012 by   Anhudu 0 Votes
I bought 5 of these sunbeam heated blankets and they worked great for the first week then they wouldn't heat. 5 out of 5 NOT GOOD.. BAD PRODUCT DON'T BUY !!! SPEND A BIT MORE GET A BETTER BRAND!!!
 28th of Nov, 2012 by   Beekeer 0 Votes
this is to bad, it make american products look bad. I bought one of these blankets just a year ago, never washed it just put it up for the winter. plugged it back in for this winter, blinking lights, and no heat... it looks to me that they have a scam on these blankets. A class a law suit would solve this problem. its bad enough we pay good money for these products, only to last for a short time, I myself will not buy a sunbeam product and will let everyone I know not to buy these product either, and the rest of us should do the same. when they go out business we win as consumers. Sunbeam shame on you... for giving US products a bad name...
 22nd of Dec, 2012 by   Judy Nesmith 0 Votes
electric throw will not heat and control just blinks
what to do
 19th of Jan, 2013 by   KillJoyHere 0 Votes
I've had my heated matress pad for 3.5 months. It was the Sunbeam Ez controller with the dual controls. Tried to turn it on last night and the light just kept flashing. Investigated all cords and connections and everything looks good but it still wont turn on. It is safe to say it will not be replaced with the same brand.
 21st of Jan, 2013 by   AmyS401 0 Votes
Heating blanket by sunbeam stopped working after one night! Lights flashing but could not reset. Just keeps blinking. Back to the store!
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   Karina49 0 Votes
My twin blanket goes off 3-5 times during the night which causes me to wake up because of the cold, unheated bedroom. I bought my fleece blanket 2 months ago and it's been like that since the beginning. I don't recommend Sunbeam products and won't buy them again!
 20th of Apr, 2013 by   Tabs79 0 Votes
My hubs bought me 2 Sunbeam Electric Blankets...the first one lasted me about 3 months and started blinking. My husband swore I wore it out. So when he got me the second one I was careful to turn it off when not in use and I never raised it above 4 to prevent "over heating" the blanket...still a month, ONE MONTH, after having it...it too started blinking and quit warming.
I use this because I have an autoimmune system disease that leaves your joints hurting and severe abdominal pains, which heat helps...not entirely, but some. Now I've put out nearly $100.00 for this companies product, and still suffering from the pain that heat helps...I just bought a heating pad for the abdominal pain and suffer the rest. Wouldn't recommend this product to others...and will be searching for a competitor!!
 5th of Oct, 2013 by   LittleSugar 0 Votes
What a joke product. Mine is blinking as well. I received it for Christmas and used it for 2 months and noticed it didn't seem to heat as well as it deed when I first used it. I packed it away for the spring and summer and when I unpacked it tonight for the first cold fall night it doesn't work. I tried "resetting" it and it does not help. This is the 3rd Sunbeam blanket I have owned that didn't make it through an entire year. Will never buy another Sunbeam product again. It's all cheaply made trash.
 1st of Nov, 2013 by   KSojourner 0 Votes
My Sunbeam was used one winter and I live in Phoenix, Arizona! My controllers actually sparked and started a mini fire. Thank goodness for sleeping lightly. Was able to just grab the electric controllers and throw them on the patio. They were just smoking by then. So here I am with an expensive blanket and no controllers. My sentiments echo everyone else here. Crappy products. No thanks - I will just wear a sweater to bed when my autoimmune disease is at its worst.
 12th of Nov, 2013 by   Stacb 0 Votes
This blanket stopped working 3 days after I got it. The light started blinking and there was no resetting it. I called Sunbeam who easily offered to send a replacement, but it would take 2-3 weeks! So I returned it to Amazon instead for a refund. Based on what I've read, I'm going to buy a different brand.
 5th of Jan, 2014 by   debra bratvold 0 Votes
Very unhappy with this product I used it once by second day it quit working!

Tips for the Perfect Christmas Tree