logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Youth weekly Pay
Website is scam – don’t waste time
2. (6 mins ago)
star-loans.co.uk
Scammed me for £49.50
3. (19 mins ago)
sify mail id
mail id is not accessible
4. (24 mins ago)
ACK Group
Fake Job Consultancy
5. (29 mins ago)
Freebingo.com
I would recommend anyone thinking of joining and playing not to do so

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sun Communities, Southfield, Michigan Complaints & Reviews - Racist and falsely accused

Sun Communities Contacts & Informations

Sun Communities

Posted:    Kathy

Racist and falsely accused

Sun Commuities
Southfield, Michigan
Phone: 248-208-2500
suncommunities.com
I began my employment with Sun in May of 2008 and at that time I had an awesome supervisor. My supervisor left the company after a month and I received a new supervisor. From the start I was wardened to watch my new supervisor and to make sure that I got everything in writing from him. I had corrected my supervisor due to wrong information and direction that he had given me. I was not rude, but I didn't want to do the wrong thing and loose my job. From that day forward nothing that I did was right by him, he made false statements about me and made a racist comment to me. I called HR so many times and told them about the comment as well as things that he told me and wanted me to do that was against policy. They did nothing to him and he finally got his way and fired me. I lost my job because of false statements and a racist comment, how is that right. The company knew about all of this but they chose to stand behind him rather than me. I thought that Sun Communities was a good company and I was happy to be a part of them, I was wrong.
Comments United States Real Estate
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2009 by   Cindie Victor +2 Votes
Sun Communities are nothing short of slum lords. Their onlyobjective is money. People can live like pigs, making their parks look like " trailer trash" but as long as Sun is getting their almighty dollar, they don't care.
They also like to hire "yes men", people without any gumption.
I will never again live in a park owned by Sun Communities
 27th of May, 2011 by   Dont need to know +2 Votes
Sun Communities is a horrible place to live! The management SUCKS! Look into all other options before moving into Sun Communities. This company is all about favoritism. All they worry about is giving stupid write ups. Giving write ups to mow your lawn after 4 days of rain. Could you give people time to get home from work to get it mowed??? You will meet lots of two faced people that work for Sun Communities. Don't call corporate on anyone that works for you park because you will get yelled at! They all sick together and they all SUCK!!!
 20th of Dec, 2011 by   Rogers1 +2 Votes
They said it like it is ... Same way in Goldcoaster In Florida City ... check the backrounds of the employees.
 12th of Jan, 2012 by   Long time Resident +1 Votes
I agree with the complaints about Sun Communities. They are horrible and don't care about anyone! They have nothing better to do than raise the rent every year in a bad economy. I want them to show the residents the justification behind the rent increase. Do something about the people driving too fast in the park. ( This includes the mail person delivery drivers even the manager and snow plow driver!)
 13th of Jan, 2012 by   Long time Resident +1 Votes
Sheffield Estates in Auburn Hills MI is a terrible place to live. Sun Communities raises the rent every year, unfair and too many unnecessary rule violations are given out. Do park managers have to write out so many to make corporate happy? The roads are not well plowed ever since Sun Communities took over. A lot of homes for sale and/ or moved out in the past few years. Residents are getting sick of this park and learning the grass is really greener on the other side!
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   Poor Sap +1 Votes
Highpoint in Delaware is no better. We have a manager who doesn't care about anything but her pay check! Like all others rent is raise each year and the services go down. Thank God we had a mild winter because NO ONE here knows how to plow! They can't even cut the grass or pick up leaves! And try to get a answer to a question is like bashing your head against the wall unless you want a lie. They know they have you by the short hairs because it cost so much to have a home moved. So take this as a warning. DO NOT RENT or BUY from Sun Communities! They promise you the world and give you incentives to move in, but then they hit you with the big bag and you realize your living in the roach motel. You check in but you can't check out!
 3rd of Jul, 2012 by   sunsucks +1 Votes
sun communities are the worst!!! they are no better no matter what state they are in!! they raise the rent every year. from the home office down to the management in the parks they do not care. they do not do what they say they are going to do. background checks- there is a sex offender in our park! they don't do anything about people that drive fast through here either. DO LIKE THE OTHERS BEFORE DON'T RENT A LOT OR BUY, LEASE PLACE FROM AND DON'T BRING YOUR HOUSE IN EITHER!!!
 19th of Aug, 2012 by   FedUpMovingOn 0 Votes
I have been harassed, subjected to loud music, intimidated, lied to, lied about, accused of stalking, had a PPO taken out against me (by the person doing the harassing, intimidating, playing the loud music), and threatened (by a Sun Community lawyer). Why? Because I dared to complain to the park manager, the Regional Manager, the Vice President of Sales, and lastly, the CEO of Sun Communities. All I can say is, if you are having problems, start your paper trail! Take pictures and get video evidence whenever possible (Check your state's penal code before proceeding). If you make any complaint be sure it is in written form and sent via "Certified Mail" with a "Return Receipt" so you can prove they actually got it. Unless you have actually been present when the Park Manager has done or said something wrong, DO NOT repeat what you are told without using the term "Allegedly". Good luck to everyone. We are out of here!
 17th of May, 2013 by   Blackwitch Mariah 0 Votes
While I did the SunCommunities on line BS app for the Office Coordinator position at their Traverse City MI place, Kings Court, then came an offer for a Telephone interview, and another of their BS craptest online about "Hitting Other People!" Cannot even post the words I said, because this site is Big Brother! ( That was over at INDEED.com and I just C&Pd over here!)

Alrighty then, the stupid dumb zombie non person had the nerve to NOT call me at the appointed time, waited for 2 hours, then e-mailed her. She said we could re-schedule for the next day, being yesterday. Waited again, but meanwhile, I researched everything I could about the company and the people who live there. Adds up to a big zero plus zero. This is all over the United States...

Non person zombie had the balls to tell me when I finally called, " we are looking at other applicants, I just cut the beaatch off, and more bull crap, and I just said" Fa*& Ya"! Enough of your f(*&^% around. Number one, who in the he@@ dares to to waste your time and effort to even get hired by these looney tunes! Look her up, she has only been there 3 months at the home corporate ( Southfield MI) office, Jesus Jimmy Crack Corn, , why could you not tell me that it was a robot you were looking for, and furthermore, eff you! Reviews I read from all over the country, then talked to some people in the community itself, here in TC MI and the overall response was "You do not want to work here, or for the matter, any of their lots!" Most are trying to GET OUT! But of course, if you do not have a land property, what will you do?

Enough said! Just look at the high turnover of employment, and this gals name is on Linked In, google sun communities ( Southfield MI) and you will find it! As the new HR Generalist! Girl don even know how to use the telephone, skype, etc...

Number 2, I am so MAD that I wasted MY TIME to even entertain the idea of working for this band of HOOLIGANS! UGH>>>>>> and now this review site is giving me a headache, saying I have inappropriate language...DUH!!! Maybe I should spell everything correct! HAH!!! So what is it, report your experience or not!!! The other site I was on, where I found the job to begin with was INDEED.com, hustlers, hucksters, whatever yah wanna call it...this is my take, IMO only, but have read enough to know, freaking effin idiots...they are worse than anyone, and I WILL MAKE AN EFFORT to check out the CEO, got his name too!

Thanks to all here for providing REAL CONSUMER INFO!
 17th of May, 2013 by   Blackwitch Mariah 0 Votes
I just hope that everyone knows that this company is only concerned about their bottom line, $$$$$$$

P.S. That stupid job, I applied in March I believe, and it is still currently listed on INDEED.com
 22nd of Jan, 2014 by   NOTTAME 0 Votes
Sun Communities is BAD - Cider Mill Village in Middleville, MI DO NOT LIVE THERE. I put money into my house to make it much better than when I moved in. Nice paint, plants in the yard and still received notices written notices for stupid stuff. Then when they sent my evection notice for no good reason other then I would not "cash in" my lease credits that they asked about a month before receiving my notice 30 days before evection and 12 days after it was signed. Then I leave patch all holes repaint any wall that had to repaired and the only damage found on my move out damage to siding and skirting. I receive a bill for damage to the skirting, they had to patch holes - which there were none and had to paint the walls - Get fricken real - these people are crooks. they also sent me a bill for living there for two days after the signed move out check. Very dishonest Manager there lie to your face - must
be why he works for a company like this cuz no one would hire him.
 21st of Feb, 2014 by   whatisgoingonnow 0 Votes
Sun Communities is BAD. Sycamore village in mason was a nice clean place to live . Now looks like the slums of Detroit.and the manager said she has told them to clean up there sites but they wont do it . And that is all she can do . Really. The snow plowing is so bad you can not see to pull out on the main street to leave the park . And there has been a number of accidents one next to the school bus stop.when kid were waiting for the bus.was told not going to spend any more money on salt or snow removal this year . if you think Sun Communities. Is thinking of your safety and not your money think again. And the staff here drives up and down the roads all day and passes trash in the road and will not pick it up. I an talking like where accidents have happened in the park because of the the snow piles. And when the maintains man just sits in the office all day because his back hurts him. Money well spent ? AND IF YOU MOVE IN THIS PARK YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR THINGS LOCKED UP NOW . BEFORE Sun Communities took over it seemed to a lot safer to a lot of us. We will start Attach photos from now on . Thanks and good luck .
 3rd of Mar, 2014 by   JET1983 0 Votes
I currently live in a Lansing Sun Community. I can say that I have only ever been treated with respect. Their repairs, me needing a screen door because the wind blew it off, may take a week or so to get done, but not the major issues. My pipes recently froze over the weekend and they had a contractor out there within twenty minutes. When my furnace quit working in December, they installed a completely new one. Our roads are plowed, speeding is only an issue at the entrances and management/employees are courteous.

Mortgage Fraud is Number One in Florida