logo

slander

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Stoneleigh Recovery Associates, LLC, Lombard, Illinois Complaints & Reviews - Fraudulent/Unlawful Collection Practices

Stoneleigh Recovery Associates, LLC Contacts & Informations

Stoneleigh Recovery Associates, LLC

Posted:    Wayne M. Price

Fraudulent/Unlawful Collection Practices

Stoneleigh Recovery Associates, LLC
1919 South Highland Avenue
Lombard, Illinois
Phone: 1 (630) 282-5750
Stoneleigh Recovery Services has made several fraudulent and unlawful attempts over the last two years to recover an invalid debt from me. By one after another, this unscrupulous entity attempts to dupe consumers into paying debts that they really do not owe. Frankly, it smells like a Nigerian scam, like the one I saw on "Dateline."

These scoundrels need to be arrested and deported!
Comments United States Collections Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2009 by   dtrider 0 Votes
Wow, these idiots keep calling me on debt that was written off 15 years ago. I have no idea how they received my phone number since its unlisted. Plus they keep harassing me and my family, sometimes calling up to 6 times in a day. They even use several people from their office with different phone numbers. I told the guy who called today they were not a legitimate company and to stop calling. He called back around 30 seconds later all pissed off that I said he was not legitimate. F-Tard!
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   NH03301 0 Votes
My husband starting getting calls from them about a month ago about a car loan that was defaulted on years and years ago . I talked to this very rude man, who said we owe a "bank" 16, 000$. (he only brought the car for 6, 000 and had it for 2 years) I told him that that loan was written off years ago and not to call again. Then he asked for my husbands social security number!! I said NO! He told me it was to verify that he had the right man and that no one was using his SS number. Ya right!! He still calls all the time we dont pick up the phone, So he screams at our answering machine! Im wondering how he even got our phone number since its unlisted and they got my hubands cell phone number. Dont be fooled and dont give them any money, they are debt scavengers.
 24th of Dec, 2009 by   S Dake 0 Votes
Mr. Burkes: I do not know you. Do not call me again. If you wish to speak to someone else in my family, call them - not me. I will report you and your firm to both the IL and CT State Attorney General's Office if I ever receive another communication from you.
 6th of May, 2010 by   msjessie 0 Votes
I called this company and they will not give me there fax number at all. They tell me they do not have a fax a number. Does any know what the fax number is?
 15th of Sep, 2010 by   TheRaven69 +1 Votes
US
Tel. +630.2825753
Fax. +630.4241918
 26th of Oct, 2010 by   againes +1 Votes
I agree. I just was phoned from this company. They have actually called me about other debts. This debt I actually have been paying off with my credit card company. They tried to inform me that my debts have not been paid off since December of the previous year. I have been paying them and missed 2 payments on my credit card this summer and just got back on track. They told me that my mastercard's supposed debt had been sold to them. That we needed to have a 3 way call to see who was telling the truth. Do not be fooled. They really make it sound like they know what they are talking about. Obviously they have a great "Poker Tone". I tried asking for more information then the gentleman decided to over talk me and not answer me differing me to other information. I told him that I want a "Win Win" and find solution. He want on to argue with me and I told him I wanted to talk to his manager. He went on to tell me that my supposed debt issues were in their hands implying in his aggressive tone and word usage that if I did not comply I could be forfeiting my debt to the "trash". Something did not smell right, felt very fishy.

I looked up the phone number: 630-282-5767
I was able to find their website which only shows: payment information. Then I googled their website and the word "SCAM" and here you go. The proof is in the pudding! Be careful of your information folks. It shows it is good to know good old discernment.

Thank you everyone for posting. Does anyone know how I can get them to stop calling me? Thank you.

~A
 31st of Oct, 2010 by   Tiredofdrama 0 Votes
Even though it was belong to my husband since the credit card was in his name, Some idiot name Scott supposebly a supervisor called me. To help my husband, I tried to work with this guy (Scott) and offered to set up some kind of payments to pay off the debt that my husband owed. He refused and demanded money right there and then. He also argued with me and my husband raised a tone at both of us which we both did not appreciate it at all. I told him we can't give him we don't have but wanting to give him a post dated payment to hold on certain date that my husband gets paid on. Again, he got mad and refused. Worst of all, he refused to give us some time to come up with the money so he threatened to sue him. My husband and I were very pissed. Then the following day, we received a letter in the mail which it was a legal contract saying we have 30 days to pay them off or else. After all that arguments and calling each other names, turned out that POS lied to us. He also lied to my husband saying he been calling me many times but I never answer. According to my caller ID, he only called me TWICE. First time, I was already on the phone with someone else but he hung up by the time I answered his call. He called again few seconds later which that drama started. Later, finally a very nice man name Brian called. He worked with us and set up some payments to pay it off. He (Brian) also said for now on do NOT talk to Scott or anyone in the office. Just deal with HIM only for now on. He is very much aware how rude and disrespectful Scott was. So just watch out for that lying SOB name Scott. He is rude, liar and obnoxious. If I was his upper boss, I'd fired his a$$ already.
 5th of Jun, 2011 by   Boobla43 +1 Votes
They contacted me about a 22+ year old debt, made by my ex husband! I tore up the letter! Way, way past SOL!
 17th of Dec, 2011 by   S. C 0 Votes
A michael cutter rang saying I had an outstanding debt. Trouble is I have never have had an account with the bank he suggested. Not just USA, which he inferred the debt is located, but globally. Since I'm also not American or ever held a valid residency visa I can not by law obtain a USA account. Nor do I have a CC debt in any jurisdiction. He attempted blackmail and extortion during the call.. Seems a little taken back when I told him he was a scammer and hung up. Stoneleigh has been registered in Australia as a scam company and now has a bulletin out. The Australian police are now interested in interviewing him in regard to the breaches of Australian law.
 24th of Feb, 2012 by   kaya2281952 0 Votes
well my 80 year old mother just got hit by these idiots and Im soooooooo pissed. I called and told them to put her money back or I was going to the Police and Lawyer.My mom owes nothing to nobody.
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   chanelle01 +1 Votes
some idiot named danelle or daniel from that stoneleigh place just called and she said my grandma owes like 2 thousand dollars because her account was opened and stuff. wtf she owes nothing alright she's old and doesnt owe anything. im sick and tired of them calling and asking. next time they call im going to tell them im gonna call the cops and lawyer on them omfg im so annoyed by them
 22nd of Apr, 2012 by   kaya2281952 0 Votes
After i talked to a Superviser who was extremely nasty, and told him I was calling the Police . He did put my Mothers money back.
I mean I really screamed at him and, he told me to go to hell and Moms money would be returned and then hung up on me. JERKS is what they are.
 4th of May, 2012 by   SteveCar +1 Votes
Totally agree. Be very careful and do noT pay them anything. They called today saying that my mom, who is disabled by the way, owes a total of $4, 500 on an old Union Credit Card from HSBC bank. Impossible, my mother doesn't work, let alone belong to any union. The lady on the phone was nasty and curt. She hung up on me when she find out that I am not her spouse. I sent a "cease and desist" letter that on found on law depot.com and informed them of the penalty of calling my house again. I then filed a complaint on to the state attorneys office and one to the Better Business Bureau. I plan on telling them to sue my mom for the money if they ever call me back. It will cost them more in legal fees and besides, the burden of proof is on them. My mother doesn't owe a thing.
 30th of May, 2012 by   Conspirator 0 Votes

This is the best resource for anyone fighting these pieces of garbage.

Also try: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/
 23rd of Oct, 2012 by   erin montague 0 Votes
ok so yes bad company.a man called nick raymond has threatened my husband that owes a small debt and he said he was taking me to court for all my husbands assets and that he will make sure my husband in iraq will lose his job in the military...lol...they call me 5 times a day sometimes after 9pm and last night he yelled at me like i killed his mom.for any one looking to report you have to call your state attn office and place a complaint also call 850-487-9687 ...they will fight for your rights that these ass holes cant talk to u like a dog.i am blown away that they can yell at ppl like this.they need to be stopped
 8th of Nov, 2012 by   donkeygirl 0 Votes
I have been contacted by this company also saying I have an outstanding debt from 1999 that I don't know anything about. They also wanted me to give them my personal information (soc.sec.# etc) to verify this alleged debt. When I refused & asked for written verification, the caller became very rude, abusive & threatening. I have sent the "cease & desist" letter via certified mail. I have also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Considering my next move. Just got another call this a.m. after I told them not to contact me. Smells like a scam to me too!!
 5th of Apr, 2014 by   Ms Pissed in Pa 0 Votes
Well James Stone has moved his fraudulent business to Eastvale california. It's under the name Lehigh and Associates. He goes by the name James Stone. Same deal. Taps into credit reports. Harasses for money to pay off old debt, which have already been paid. Contacts friends, family and employers. He has been shut down in Conn., ILL, Arizona and is currently in eastvale, california
 20th of Nov, 2014 by   VAB2 0 Votes
My account just got debited for $25.00 from Stoneleigh Recovery Associates. Without my permission. I don't know how they got my account number. I am so pissed. I gave my account number to no one. I am so upset.

Online Pharmacy Scams