logo

cop@vsnl.net
Lost Mobile handset
3. (13 mins ago)
djewels.org
Agent hung up on me and no info about my order
4. (19 mins ago)
Total Oil and Gas Company
Fake job offer
5. (25 mins ago)
Candy Crush Saga
people send free lives and just disappear how do we fix this problem

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

StoneDine, dba Brand Developers USA, LTD Complaints & Reviews - StoneDine Cookware

StoneDine, dba Brand Developers USA, LTD Contacts & Informations

StoneDine, dba Brand Developers USA, LTD

Posted:    cletusvandamme

StoneDine Cookware

Brand Developers USA, LTD
This complaint is concerning StoneDine Cookware, advertised on television. Both the infomercial and the website advertise the product for $29.97 (+25.75 S&H). AFTER you give them your payment ifo, they ask if you would like to pay full price and get free shipping. FULL PRICE?!??!?!? NOWHERE on the website or commercial do they tell you what the full price is. You come to find out it's around $299.00 for the order. Now you're stuck getting the product shipped with no way of cancelling your order. You're stuck having to return the product and you're out $50-something dollars in the process. When you finally find a number to call they tell you they can't cancel your order because it takes 24-48 hours to process, which is BS. When I called a few hours later, they said it was already shipped. How s that possible? This is a total scam geared towards confusing the consumer and getting their card number so they could run up charges.
Here is the company website with the false price advertised.

Comments United States E-Shopping
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Apr, 2010 by   thankyou78978 +2 Votes
Thank you for posting this. I'd suggest contacting your credit card company to see if you can get the charge reversed. I suspected they were doing something like you describe, since it says "try it for $30" but doesn't say that's the full price. I couldn't see a full price on the website either, and it certainly does seem like $30 is the full price the way they're presenting it. I did a search for "Stonedine scam" and found the truth here. I really appreciate you saving me time and aggravation, and hope you can get ALL your money back. Even if you can't, you're a good guy, unlike the kind whose business model is to mislead and rip off. Thanks again.
 18th of Apr, 2010 by   CTYankee63 0 Votes
Anytime you hear of a company not willing to put the price of the item(s) up front and say that you only need to up down a small amount to try is a total scam! Do not get involved this is a dishonest business practice.
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   nonep -2 Votes
I'm sorry but the website clearly says on the check out screen in the item description that the $29.97 is the first of 10 monthly installments. People who don't read should not get upset when it is written on the website before you place your order.

"StoneDine 8 Piece Set - Includes: 3 Pots, 2 Pans, 3 Interchangeable Lids. Two Bonus Gifts: 11" Pan and 11 Piece Knife Set. 12 Year Warranty On Cookware, Lifetime Warranty on Knives. This is the first of ten monthly installments of $29.97. 30 Day Money Back Guarantee!"

Next time read before you make a purchase.
 8th of May, 2010 by   leessa 0 Votes
I did find a section charging 3 payments of $29.99 for the one trial pan they advertise fr $29.99. Be careful, you will probably end up paying $90+anoither $25 for shiping. I would not order from this company but I did see that Amazon has the pans, this is the route I would take if you are interested in this product. Good Luck.
 8th of May, 2010 by   leessa +2 Votes
To Nonep,

Please do not assue that people are going to go anywhere near the check out screen if they have no idea what the total price is before hand. I would think only an idiot would just continue without the full knowledge of the product and the terms before they order. If the information was on the home screen where it should be then that would be a whole other story. It is clear from the order issues and all the problems with people being able to cancel that this company is ripping people off. Yes it may be a great product but that doesn't excuse their poor business ways.
 10th of May, 2010 by   TomFT +1 Votes
To Leesa: The merchandise on Amazon "IN NOT" Stonedine !! It is "StoneLine". Read carefully. Probably still 'junk', but ONLY $122.00.
 10th of May, 2010 by   TomFT 0 Votes
CORRECTION to last post. Price is wrong. Stonline also has a 25 yr guarantee and you can use metal utensils. it is oven safe to 350 degrees and dishwasher safe. It costs more also.

Google Stonedine and check out Amazon's site.
 14th of May, 2010 by   NOPE NO MORE 0 Votes
I had my share of Stonedine that told the lies.
 29th of May, 2010 by   Havalar +1 Votes
Just saw the TV add and figured that 29.97 was not the full price. I checked the website and instantly went to the learn more button on the home page. That also didn't say what the "full" price was so i checked out the FAQs. Again nothing but i clicked on the order now button there. On that page it talked about this is the first of 10 monthly payments. However now when i try to repeat it, it just took me back to the home page. They may have changed it from what it was when i first did it but that was 20 min ago. It did take me to it before I put any information in the order checkout process. Maybe I went in another way, however it didn't seem overly difficult to get to but now it is. I don't know!

While I don't agree with that business practice since it targets the impulse buyers you just got to watch out. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Let me also state that i do feel badly for people who got taken by this. This company is an unscrupulous company since a good business practice is to make your customer happy so they tell their friends and you get more business. The product can be expensive and be in monthly payments, thats fine but don't con people into it. Also how can you trust the 12 year warranty since they try to take you in the first minuet of doing business with them.
 29th of May, 2010 by   Cornelius Akubueze +2 Votes
In my own case, I encountered the monthly installments after credit card information had already been provided and moved on to the next screen. By then your credit information has been submitted but you have not actually completed the buying process. The advertisement is deceptive. When I found out that the price was an installmental for 10 months I prefered to cancel the order but you have no way of cancelling it. I simply use back bottun and existed the website hoping that did the trick but no. Today I got e-mail informing that my order has been shipped and my credit card billed. I am now contemplating wether to return the produc upon arrival or keep it and bite that bullet. Obviously this is a very bad business practice and I see many e-commerce operators adopting this fraudulent practice. As an IT professional, I am disappointed that e-commerce operators are doing this, it has potentials to destroy this industry. I am now very concerned about ordering any products from the website having been bitten twice now. In the other case, I ordered one product, 1 time only, gave my credit card, insted of stopping at my 1 time order, the marketing company decided that my credit card has become their personal ATM. They continued to send me unauthorized products and billing my card as they pleased. It took three months before I located them and had them remove my data from their system. This practice is very dangerous.
My e-mail did not list the actual company stonedin and I had already forgotten it, I stumbled here after googling some other data in the e-mail and saw this complaint.
Cornelius
 29th of May, 2010 by   sensationaddict 0 Votes
I found out in just a few minutes of research, using " pro @ con" websites concerning stonedine products, that that it is the consumers responsibility to fully understand the terms of purchase. that meaning, are you actually on the company's website? or, are you using a third party to secure a misrepresented transaction. stonedine clearly outlines your obligation should you place an order.
 30th of May, 2010 by   mwww 0 Votes
Its te same scam with that cat scatching pad...buy one for 19.99 and get the ceond one for free..just pay shipping and handling...$70 later...and you can't cancel the order...rip offs
 1st of Jun, 2010 by   kpontusa 0 Votes
Part of the confusion could be thet there appears to be two separate, but slightly different websites...

The first one I was sent to when putting "www.stonedine.com" in the browser I'll call "B2", this version sets the form for ordering on the home page and no where does it state on this set of linked pages, the number of payments you will be making. (Of course, I never entered CC information, so I never saw the page after proper ordering info was provided).

The second one that I went to was when I noticed my URL had "/b2/" where the URL provided by the user cletusvandamme had "/a2/" (we'll call this version "A2". This version informs of the ten payments when you click on the "order now" button and you get the order form.

People visiting this site may be speaking of different version of this site, "A2" which provides the TEN payments only on the order form, which because of changes, the "B2" site does not give you access to until AFTER you have provided them enough information to charge you.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   LumiB +3 Votes
Has anyone actually used these pans? I see all the complaints about not knowing how much you actually have to pay for the product, which I agree with, but...how about the actual product? Has anyone tried it? I'm interested to know if it's actualy worth $300. Thank you!
 11th of Jun, 2010 by   dwcharron +2 Votes
First of all, anyone who thinks you are going to get a good set of pans for $30 is kidding themselves. I experienced much of what I see here at the StoneDine website, but all I wanted to know if they were worth what I would be paying for them, whatever it was.

As for the deceptive business practices, all you have to do is contact StoneDine and tell them why you think you've been ripped off. If they don't make your transaction whole, and, if you paid by credit card, just contest the charge with your credit card company--they will charge back the entire purchase and stick it to the vendor. But you should already know this if you use a credit card--Good Luck!
 25th of Jun, 2010 by   jtlaw 0 Votes
do we have a bunch of idiots here or are they stonedine employees. Nonep:who would be dumb enough to enter information to get to the check out page without first knowing the product is worth their time. TomF, where did you get 25years when the infomercial states 12 year warranty. Of course i went to the website advertised on tv.
don't mean to insult anyone. but if you're going to correct someone, then pls use some intelligence.
 26th of Jun, 2010 by   Willthecook 0 Votes
You can go to amazon and by the 11 and 8 inch combo for $71.00, quite a bit cheaper then the 97 dollars he states that one pan will cost the comes for free. So you can buy the 2 peice here:

27th of Jun, 2010 by   Furb +1 Votes
Truly Ms. cletusvandamme,
I clearly do not think you took much time to read through it also if you expected to get all that for $29.95 + s/h simply put you were not thinking at all! Thier ph number and contact email address is clearly on the website, also from what I read of your email you knew it was more than $29.95 but did not know exactly how much, you should clearly have checked that out before ever giving the credit card information. I suppose the lesson here is: Read through every detail before you readily hand over your credit card info and if you do not, don't come back and slander the company because you chose to be inept!
Good luck next time.
 29th of Jun, 2010 by   f150flairside -1 Votes
Willthecook-
Check the website again. You posted a link to amazon, for StoneLINE. Wer'e talking StoneDINE. I'm sure it will catch some people, the add shows the same wording as the infomercial.
 2nd of Jul, 2010 by   Zuul 0 Votes
Look, this set is worth 299.00. Any topline gourmet set is going to cost you similar if not more. They do hold out on telling the overall price till the end but you can back out at any time. I got 2 day shipping and the item was in transit within 45 mins. Ive had a great experience with this company so far.

Beware Small Business Credit Cards